Cover Girl

Darling

You are my angel, my only cover girl. My burning heart has focused on you. My eyes will only hold you (In my heart, there’s only you)

"Good morning prez" Yura's friend and fellow student council member, Shin Hyejeong said as Yura got to her seat.

"Good morning" the president smiled brightly.

"You're in a good mood today" Hyejeong said. 

"I'm always in a good mood" Yura corrected.

"That is true, but you're extra happy when it involves your precious Minnie" the vice president teased as she grinned at the blushing junior.

Yura lightly slapped her friend's shoulder but Hyejeong laughed because she knew she was right.

"So why are you so happy? Did you finally confess to your princess?"

"Shh! Not so loud Shin Hyejeong!" the girl shushed her classmate and as she took out her books with her free hand. The other girl shrugged her shoulders and looked at Yura with an innocent expression.

"C'mon now Yura, everyone in school besides your princess is aware of your obvious crush on her."

"W-What? T-That's n-not true!" Yura stuttered.

"Oh? Yah Hongbin-ah" Hyejeong turned around and called out the classmate behind her, who was also the student council's treasurer.

"Yes?"

"Who does our Ahyoung here love?" the vice-president asked. If looks could kill, Hyejeong would've died and come back just to die again because Yura was glaring at the girl with as much malice as Minah had for Hyeri.

"What kind of question is that? Obviously her Minnie" Hongbin grinned.

"See!" Hyejeong shouted in triumph while Yura sunk into her seat, wanting to evaporate.

"I'm really that obvious?" asked Yura. The other two simply nodded in response.

"Alright Shin Hyejeong, you've proved your point. But no, I didn't confess to Minah. I only drove her to school"

"What?! That's what has you in such a good mood?!"

"Had. I'm not in a good mood anymore thanks to you" Yura complained.

"Y'know I love you Yura" replied Hyejeong while giggling.

"Yeah yeah, love you too. And to make it clear, yes that is what made me so happy. Just being able to spend time with Minah is good enough for me. Seeing her beautiful smile and personality brightens up my day more than the sun ever will. She might not be aware of how I feel about her, but I want to believe that one day she will feel the same about me. So until that day comes, I will remain devoted to her. Even if her eyes wander, I will still pray that she will finally just see me one day." Yura asserted and gave Hyejeong and Hongbin a faint smile.

The other student council members became speechless after hearing their president's words. Although the two of them were aware of Yura's love for Minah, they had no idea it was that deep. Yura's devotion was as admirable as it was pitiful.

Hyejeong didn't know what to say so she rubbed Yura's back and sighed.

"You are such a lovesick dork"

"I know. I probably sound stupid, but I will never give up."

Yura looked at her friend with confidence and Hyejeong chuckled.

"I'll support you all the way prez."

"Thanks"

*

After many periods, lunch finally came and all the students were in the cafeteria. Minah was eating with Seolhyun and waiting for her best friend to arrive. A few minutes later, Yura and Hyejeong sat with the pair after they put their trays down. Hyejeong had joined them because Yura had dragged her to eat with her friends. Yura was across from Minah and Hyejeong was across from Seolhyun. The youngest, Seolhyun, was stealing glances at the upperclassman across from her while the latter was busy eating. Seolhyun has had a crush on the popular upperclassman, Shin Hyejeong, since her first day at school. She was lost and the gorgeous Vice-President helped her find her way. Since then, she would admire the senior from afar, but Minah knew about Seolhyun's big crush. Minah gently nudged her friend, signaling her to be less obvious because it might weird out the upperclassman. While Minah was busy silently scolding Seolhyun, Yura was staring at the freshman with obvious looks of affection. 

"Yura Unnie you okay? You look zoned out" Minah said, her face dangerously close to Yura's. This close proximity caused the older to become really flustered. It didn't help when Minah placed her hand on Yura's forehead. 

"Your face is really hot" Minah commented.

"I-I-I'm f-fine!" the president replied and shyly moved away from Minah. 

Hyejeong watched the helpless Yura struggling with the situation and silently chuckled to herself.

"You two look like a cute couple" Hyejeong complimented.

"Y-Yah! Shin Hyejeong!"

"It's true. You two are perfect for each other."

"I agree with Hyejeong Sunbaenim" Seolhyun added. The vice president looked at the girl and smiled to her.

"See, even Seolhyun-ssi here agrees."

'Sunbaenim knows my name!' the freshman silently celebrated to herself knowing that Hyejeong was aware of her existence.

"We do look cute together don't we Unnie?" Minah cutely giggled and then surprised Yura with a peck on the cheek.

Yura looked away to hide her blush, otherwise Hyejeong would never stop teasing her. She felt someone gently hold her hand and she saw Minah giving her the warm eye-smile that never failed to take her breath away.

"I-I guess" Yura mumbled.

"We are Yumin!" Minah declared and hugged Yura tightly.

'Jung Minah, why do you do this to me?' the older sighed to herself.

"Hyejeong Unnie, you and Seolhyunnie look good together too. SeolJeong couple!" Minah teased.

"Oh? Do we?" Hyejeong asked the younger of the 'seoljeong' couple, only to see Seolhyun glaring while blushing. The vice president chuckled at the cute sight, Seolhyun was definitely a beautiful and adorable underclassman.

"Yah Jung Minah!" Seolhyun screamed.

"Oh you don't think so?" Hyejeong faked a hurt expression and pouted cutely at the younger.

"N-No! I-I mean uh... y-you're much prettier so no" Seolhyun replied and looked down.

"Don't say that Seolhyun-ssi. You're plenty cute and beautiful yourself" Hyejeong said in a serious tone.

"T-Thank you Sunbaenim"

"Oh Seolhyunnie you wanted to try out for cheerleading right?! Hyejeong Unnie is a cheerleader, why don't you ask her to help you!" Minah suggested.

"Really?" Hyejeong smiled at Seolhyun.

The latter shyly nodded while Minah smiled in satisfaction. She wanted to help her friend get closer to her crush.

"Well how about starting tomorrow after school? I can help you with the tryouts in 2 weeks"

"That would be great sunbaenim" Seolhyun timidly muttered.

"You're cute. Just call me Hyejeong Unnie, Unnie, or Hyejeongie if you want" the vice president said and pat Seolhyun's head.

"Are you going to watch Minah?" Yura asked the girl who still had her arms around her.

"I wish, but I have to tutor... someone" Minah sadly answered.

"Who?" asked the taller girl.

"Who else is dumb enough to need a tutor other than Yoon Hyeri" the shorter girl grumpily replied.

"Who are you calling dumb midget?" A voice asked as she pulled Minah into her arms. Minah heard the voice and knew it was trouble.

"Let go of me before you lose a finger" the shorter threatened.

"Ooh feisty. I like this. I always love a challenge in bed. You'll be begging me to fu- ouch!" Hyeri screamed in pain when she felt Minah twist one of her fingers.

"I told you I will hurt you if you don't let go" Minah coldly said.

"Yikes such a mean princess. You're so lucky you're cute midget." Hyeri laughed and rubbed her throbbing fingers to relieve some of the pain.

"Why are you here? I don't have to see your stupid face until tomorrow after school. I'm saying after school because I'm hoping I won't be seeing your face in class."

"I missed you my baby princess" Hyeri smirked.

"I am not yours." Minah growled. Yura got in between the two because she knew Minah was close to losing it. Minah always had low patience when it came to Hyeri and her endless teasing.

"Sup dork-ra" Hyeri greeted, her smirk was still on her face.

"Listen Yoon. The three of us grew up together. In a weird way, I see you as a troublesome little sister. Although you might be constantly causing trouble, we're still somewhat friends, at least in my opinion we are. I would appreciate it if you don't bother Minah now and in the future. This is not a place for fun and games. I hope you understand me or there will be consequences." Yura seriously declared as she stared at the younger.

Hyeri innocently grinned and wrapped one arm around Yura's shoulder.

"Listen dork-ra, I know you're acting like this because you clearly love Minah. Don't act like a hero when you're just scared that I will take her away from you. And how are you sure this is just a game to me? What makes you think I can't be serious about Minah? You don't know me" Hyeri whispered and walked away from the group.

"I'll see you tomorrow my princess." Hyeri said without looking at Minah and purposely bumped into some innocent bystanders. 

"Unnie, what did she say to you?" Minah worriedly asked.

Yura faked a smile and shook her head. "Just stuff. It's nothing important"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, let's go clean up. It's almost time for class."

The four of them threw out their garbage and got ready for class. Yura was deep in thought until she felt someone get close to her.

"Whatever that idiot said isn't important unnie." Minah whispered and pecked Yura's cheek.

"I know" Yura smiled to assure the younger and then kissed her cheek.

'I won't let you have her Yoon Hyeri. Friend or not, I won't let you get in my way'

*

School finally ended and Minah quickly walked to Yura's classroom since the student president was going to drive her home. The two of them walked to Yura's parking spot, the older insisted on carrying Minah's bags for her. They got inside the car and the ride was nice and peaceful because they didn't have to drive Hyeri this time.

"I don't want to tutor her." Minah mumbled with her head against the window.

"Can't someone else do it?"

"My teacher says I have to since I'm the best in the class and no one else is brave enough. Which is hopeless if you ask me because I don't even think she knows how to open a book, let alone read one."

"If she does anything to you, tell me. I won't let her get away with it." Yura promised.

"You're the best Unnie" Minah smiled.

"I'm serious"

"I know. You're not one to joke around that much"

They arrived at Minah's house shortly after and Yura opened the door for Minah then got her bags. Once they were all done, Yura walked Minah to her front door.

"Thank you Unnie"

​"No problem. I'll do anything for you."

Minah giggled and unlocked her front door. Yura turned around to leave but Minah gave her a surprise back hug.

"I love you Unnie. I was serious about what I said back at lunch, I would love to date someone like you." Minah confessed and kissed Yura's cheek then left.

Yura looked at the closed door and a smile slowly formed on her face as her heart was beating erratically.

'I love you too Jung Minah'

*

"I'm home!" Minah announced. She looked at the floor and became excited when she saw the pair of shoes that belonged to someone she missed. The young Jung could smell food cooking in the kitchen.

"Appa!!!" Minah screamed as she ran into the kitchen to engulf the woman who was cooking into a tight hug.

"Oof!!"

"I've missed you Appa!!" the daughter said out loud.

"I-I've m-missed you too sweetie, but you're going to kill me" Eunji said.

"Oops! Eheh, I'm sorry appa." Minah giggled as she let go of the woman.

Eunji turned around with her arms opened wide. "Alright, now give appa a hug"

Minah was always 'daddy's little girl'. Since the day she was adopted, Eunji spoiled her daughter greatly. Regardless of how old Minah is, to Eunji she is still and always will be her little girl who needs 'daddy's protection'.

"Why are you home so early appa?"

"Chorong Unnie told me I could take the rest of the day off. Now just sit, I've cooked you some food. You've suffered enough from your mommy's cooking" Eunji joked.

"I'm telling mom!"

"No! Don't you dare or you're in big trouble!" 

The daughter giggled and nodded. "Yes ma'am!"

"Good girl."

The 'father' and daughter began eating and talked about how their day went. 

"Wait. You have to tutor Hyeri?! As in your Aunti Gori's unruly daughter?!"

Minah sadly nodded.

"Oh hell no! If that evil kid touches my baby I will not go easy on her!"

"A-Appa calm down! I can handle her."

"Bomi can expect a good 'talk' from me if she doesn't learn how to control her daughter"

"I think Auntie Bomi gave up because she knows Hyeri will end up in prison one day anyway" Minah said with a serious expression.

"Aha. Don't let your mom hear that. She would not be amused."

"It's the truth" Minah pouted to her appa.

"Yes Yes. Now go shower and do you homework alright? I'll cook your mother and sister's dinner."

"Alright appa." The younger Jung kissed Eunji's cheek and went upstairs to do her homework. From downstairs, Minah could hear Eunji telling Bomi to keep her daughter in check.

'Eheh, Appa is at it again.'

It never once bothered Minah and Sojin that their parents were a same -couple. Naeun was just as good to them as any other mother. She was strict but fair and always tried to raise them right. Eunji was the best mother and father anyone could ask for. She was not strict like most moms, but she was definitely more protective of her daughters than any mother.

Minah took a quick shower in her bathroom and got straight to doing her homework. She finished rather quickly because she had learned all the content already from Sojin's private tutoring. Just as she was about to go to bed early, she received a text from an unknown person.

From: Unknown

- LOL midget princess what did you tell your appa to make her call my Bomi appa? My parents scolded me and told me to not touch you inappropriately. If you keep saying stuff like that, I will start to think you want me to touch you ;) Oh don't ask how I got your number alright? Good night babe. Love you. 
Love, Your Prince ^^

'Oh HELL no. You have got to be kidding me right now'

To: Stupid Brat

- You are creepy for getting my number without asking me. And no I don't want you to touch me. E.V.E.R. Just the fact that you look at me should be considered harassment if you ask me. Now don't you dare text me ever again or I will report this text to the police and get your stupid in juvie.
Sincerely, NOT your Princess now nor ever.

From: Stupid Brat

- Awww you're so sweet babe. Keep playing hard to get. I will get you in my be-, I mean get you to be my girlfriend one day. ^.^

To: Stupid Brat

- I swear to God that you are seriously just one text away from a restraining order.

Minah turned off her phone and tried to go to sleep despite being put in a bad mood thanks to her worst nightmare, Hyeri.

'I hate her so much'

Hyeri's POV

From: My Love

- You are creepy for getting my number without asking me. And no I don't want you to touch me. E.V.E.R. Just the fact that you look at me should be considered harassment if you ask me. Now don't you dare text me ever again or I will report this text to the police and get your stupid in juvie.
Sincerely, NOT your Princess now nor ever.

To: My Love

- Awww you're so sweet babe. Keep playing hard to get. I will get you in my be-, I mean get you to be my girlfriend one day. ^.^

From: My Love

- I swear to God that you are seriously just one text away from a restraining order.

'This girl is so fun to mess with' I laughed as I read her last text message. She's so uptight and bossy, but she always manages to bring a smile to my face and make my heart beat fast. I love pissing her off and getting into fights with her, but a part of me wonders how did we end up like this. We were good friends, I think, until around our first year of middle school. I'm not really sure when she started to hate me.

'What did I do wrong to you'

"You are so pretty- you really shine. Each moment, you are my cover girl. You smile whenever you see me, even when you're mad, you smile. How can I say I don't like you? I only need one, I only need one. You know it, it's obvious. Completely trust me, just trust me. Then I am yours, for always"

I sang along to Infinite's Cover Girl as I thought about my princess, just thinking about her can make me smile.

"Hyeri-ah, go to bed now. You have school" my mother, Chorong ordered from outside my door.

"Yes mom" I turned off all my lights and crawled into bed.

"I'll make you trust me again Jung Minah"

TBC

Yeah.... this is late lol. Thank you for all the subscriptions, comments and upvotes! I cannot believe I got 15 comments for this crappy story T.T Are you supporting Yumin or Hyemin?

P.S is Eunji not the cutest 'dad' ever?