Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

〈 花笑み HANAEMI / ANIME REVIEW SHOP.


 
 

INFORMATION

Type: TV.
Episodes: 10.
Status: Finished Airing.
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Supernatural.
Duration: 24min. per episode.
Rating: PG-13- Teens 13 or older.


CHARACTERS

Inari Fushimi: A middle school student who has a crush on Koji Tanbabashi. After saving a fox spirit from getting washed away in the river, she was granted with the power to change shape at will by uttering the phrase "Inori, Konkon". Later, it's hinted strongly that the power she received isn't just the power to change shape; she has also unconsciously used the divine power to make her hopes come true. After a series of events, Inari has entered new god training so that she can control her divine power and live with it as a human. Among her family members, only Touka is aware of Inari's power and relationship with the gods.

Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami: Usually simply called "Uka-sama". The god who lent Inari her power. Despite of being a god, she has great interest with otaku stuffs and usually playing game in her room. She appears to have feelings for Touka, much to the disdain of her fellow gods and mother.
 
INARI, KONKoN, koi iroha

 





 

SYNOPSIS

Fushimi Inari is a clumsy girl who has a crush on her classmate Koji Tanbabashi. One day, after rescuing a fox pup named Kon from falling into a river, Inari is greeted by the shrine god Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami, who gives Inari a portion of her power, allowing her to transform her appearance to that of any other human.

MUSIC

Opening Theme:
#1: "Kyou ni Koiiro" by May'n. (Ep1-9)
#2: "Saved" by Maaya Sakamoto. (Ep10)
Ending Theme:
#1: "Saved" by Maaya Sakamoto. (Ep1-8)
#2: "Dare Yori mo Taisetsu na Hito e" by Houko Kuwashima. (Ep9)
#3: "Kyou ni Koiiro" by May'n. (Ep10)


REVIEW

Overall: 7/10
Welcome to the life of Inari, a girl with three friends and who is quite clumsy. It's a simple story of a girl who likes a boy and wants him to like her back; sounding basic at best I wasn't expecting much going into the show. Only until I had finished a few episodes did I start appreciate how this show handles the struggles of growing up and the feelings involved in liking someone. That being said, the thing that puts this anime above others is the focus on not only the romance aspect but also the friendships. There are some downsides to the plot as well, the biggest being the lack of a substantial ending. It feels very rushed and isn't satisfying. But if you like great characters and bit of supernatural elements tying into the plot, chances are you will enjoy watching this anime. It certainly stands above most of the more recent anime that share similar genres. If you're looking for a hardcore romance anime then there are some aspects that you probably won't like, but I'd still recommend watching it for the perfectly portrayed and developed friendships.


Arts: 7/10
More and more anime these days are getting great animation and style, this show being no exception. The art style is not extraordinary but it has a slightly different tone to it than many other shows have. It looks light and keeps a constant relaxing feel to it while still being a cutesy-moe show. The character designs are simple, no weird coloured or impossibly styled hair, just a basic look that fits nicely with the style of the show.

Soundtrack: 7/10
The OP and ED have a light yet melancholic feel to them that fits perfectly, and the OST is simple when it needs to be and stronger at the more dramatic moments. Many of the background tracks stuck out to me, not by being bad, but by sounding unique, refreshing, and giving off a pleasant vibe. The voice acting is well done, each characters voice seems to fit them perfectly and I don't have any complaints about them.

Characters: 8/10
It's very heartwarming to see many different types of people portrayed in anime, ones that aren't typical archetypes, but ones that feel more like how a real person would be. The strongest point of this anime was its characters, each one of them had their strengths and weaknesses, all of which were believable and maybe even relatable to some. Like real people not everyone is who they seem to be on the outside, people are complex, and this is an important part in the series. The relationships and friendships in this show are some of the best I've seen in awhile. Yet, looking at the anime overall, the friendship aspect seems to overshadow the romance at some points. If you're looking for a show that has a r/s with a solid conclusion at the end, you may be disappointed.

Final Notes:
It was kinda too short. In 10 episodes they tried to wrap up two themes that probably needed to be elaborated on a bit more. Half way through it felt like the story was still developing and the ending left me unsastified. I felt that it was dropped and restricted, but that's a personal opinion on it. I'd still recommend it, after all it's only 10 episodes.

Pros:
+ Maintains a good plot.
+ Amazing cast of characters.
+ Simple and light mood.
+ Fantastic friendships.
Cons:
- Ending is rushed and disappointing.
- Romance doesn't have good closure.