Cabin in the Woods

Deep Dark Love


The car stopped right in front of the cabin they rented. The scene was breath-taking and fantastic. The wooden cabin stood in the middle of the snow, decorated by leafless trees with only bare branches left at both sides. Snow accumulated at the tips and corners of the branches connecting to the trunk. Chimney made of bricks stood at the left hand side of the wooden roof. Thin yet stable wooden stairs led to the door of the cabin. Windows placed on both sides of the door, with the curtains closed from inside, not giving any of them a chance to peek unless they go in.

“It's beautiful,” Jieun gaped in awe. Sunggyu walked up beside her.

“I know right.”

“I bet the interior would be fabulous kids,” their mom tossed Sunggyu the key and proceeded to help dad with the luggage.

Sunggyu placed the key into the keyhole and unlocked the door. He then placed a hand on the wooden doorknob.

“Ready?” He looked at his sister, excitement plastered all over her face.

“Just open it already,” she huffed. A smile escaped the corners of Sunggyu's lips.

Sunggyu turned the doorknob and pushed the door. Light from outside dimmed the interior of the cabin. Jieun looked for the switch and turned it on. Dreamy yellow lights came alive, filling the whole cabin.

“Daebak...” they both gasped.

“Mom, how much does this trip cost again?” Jieun turned over her shoulders and asked her omma while she's making her way in with the luggage.

“Don't worry about the price baby, just enjoy yourself,” she answered.

Jieun glanced around the cabin again. A couch was placed on the left hand side of the cabin, in front of the fireplace.

“Yah, where's the TV?” Sunggyu asked, looking high and low.

“You're supposed to relax, not plaster your face to electronics,” their father said and came in.

“Well, there's no service either...” he mumbled to himself while looking at his phone.

“Oppa, stay here awhile,” Jieun instructed suddenly. “Just for a minute.”

“Why?” he frowned. Catching him off guard, Jieun ran upstairs without a word. The slow Sunggyu finally realized what her intention was. He ran after her. Jieun tends to do that everytime they go on trips. She just had to choose the biggest room...

When Sunggyu reached the top, he only saw 2 rooms. 2 rooms.

“Yah, Jieun! Where are you?” He called. The rooms were on the left and straight up front. Suddenly, Jieun's head popped out at the entrance of the room straight in front.

“Oppa...I hate to break it to you but, we're gonna have to share rooms,” she pouted. “but I would prefer if you would go squeeze with appa and omma in the other room though,” she smiled sheepishly.

A baffled expression plastered on Sunggyu's face. Squeeze with mom and dad? She's gotta be joking. Why would Jieun say that? If there were 3 rooms, it's for sure that they'll fight for the biggest one. But if there's 2 rooms, she would happily share it with him, so why would she tell Sunggyu to squeeze with their parents? Unless...

“Don't tell me...” Sunggyu started.

“Yeah, there's only one bed in this room too...” Jieun finished for him.

There was a moment of silence. Sunggyu walked to the entrance and took a glance inside. Jieun was not lying. There's only one king-sized bed. One...only...

“So, I'm expected to squeeze with you?” He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

“You don't say...you could sleep on the floor though, I won't mind~” she teased.

“As if I would, I'm not a brainless beanpole you know? Who would ever want to sleep on the cold floor in this nerve-freezing winter?”

“Who knows? Maybe you might want to,” she laughed and drew the curtains. Soft light from outside engulfed the room. The snowing scenery outside was spectacular, really. It was totally raining pure white snow.

“I want this side-” they both chorused as they pointed to the right side of the bed that was facing the window. They eyed each other.

“Let's settle this with rock-paper-sisscors,” Jieun suggested.

“Don't cry if you lose,” Sunggyu smirked. “I always win in this game~”

“I hope you don't this time. Rock-paper-sisscors!” Sunggyu chose rock but Jieun chose paper.

“What...the...” he huffed and plopped himself on the bed, face down.

“Hah! You lost! Now move your ,” she snickered and shoved him to the left side of the bed.

 

 

Footsteps began thudding up. Because everything was made of wood (almost everything), you can hear everything (mostly everything) that is moving around the cabin.

“How's the room kids?” Their mother appeared at the entrance of the room.

“Can I suggest we renovate this thing and magically make an extra room appear?” Sunggyu sighed.

Their mother chuckled, shaking her head at her son's question, then added, “Just so you know, there's only one bathroom in this whole cabin.”

“WHAT?!” Sunggyu jumped up from the bed and chorused with Jieun.

“You've gotta be kidding me,what if someone suffers from constipation?” He asked, the weirdest question where probably no one would ever think of.

“What a question...let's just hope that it doesn't happen. Anyway, have fun you little rascals,” omma smiled.

“Come on, we're teens already mom, stop treating us like kids,” Jieun sat on the edge of the bed.

“Well, you may think that way. But in my heart you're all still little babies,” she gave another soothing smile and retreated to her room.

Sunggyu looked at Jieun, ruffling her hair.

“I saw a coffee maker in the kitchen, wanna brew something?” He smiled. Jieun immediately got up from the bed and pulled him up.

“Let's go~ make me latte art!!!”


Authornim: Andddddd Chapter 2 is up~ Don't mind the pic of the cabin though. It's not exactly how I want it to be buttttt, it's something like that! And to the 6 subbies, thank you very much for subscribing! Do drop a comment though! And I might probably on hiatus after this week, maybe...maybe not. If schoolwork starts making my brain malfunction, I'll probably be on hiatus till November. And I have important tests this coming October. Pleaseeeeeeee understanddd T^T