Reminisce

Deep Dark Love

“I'll be off now,” Jieun said as she walked towards the entrance of their house.

“Alright, see you in a few hours,” Sunggyu accompanied her. She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. Confused, Sunggyu asked, “What's wrong?”

“Nothing,” she smiled. “I just wanted to look at you.”

A soft chuckle escaped his lips. “Well, you can look at me all you want when you get back from school, okay?” He tucked a strand of hair behind her delicate ears and trailed a finger down her jaw.

She flashed him her infamous grin and crashed into a hug. “Love you.”

Those two words caused his heart to stop for a moment. Jieun rarely expressed herself so openly ever since she was adopted into his family. This was the first time she ever said those words. It was extremely shocking to him.

“L-love you too,” he stammered in her hair, hoping to hide his flushed and surprised expression etched on his face.

Jieun tiptoed and gave him a brief peck on the cheek before leaving. That gesture left Sunggyu in a complete daze. Upon closing the door, he realized that he was smiling like an idiot. He began cleaning the dining table as they had breakfast earlier, taking the cups and plates to the kitchen sink. He started to regret a little about agreeing to bring Jieun to Woohyun. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. He wanted answers, but yet he doesn't want it at the same time. He was human from the start, but what about his parents? What if he found out that they were really vampires? What is he then?

Again, he questioned himself about the two vampires who were targeting Jieun. What is it they want from her? Who are they to be exact? What is she to them? Prey? He debated whether to leave all these behind and just focus on the future with Jieun and he wanted to, but his guts told him otherwise. Sighing, he made his final decision.


 


 


 


 

Morning, you look great today,” Taehyung beamed as he saw Jieun walking along the corridor.

Hey,” she greeted. “I was about to get the transfer slip from the office, where are you going?”

To the office too.”

You're really serious about transferring with me? You really don't have to,” she said.

I'm not going to change my decision, plus, I'm getting sick of this school anyway,” he grinned. Jieun could only shook her head in amusement. They both walked to the office. It was only now Jieun realized that she hasn't seen both Myungsoo and Sungjong in the school compound, which was a good thing. After getting the documents and whatnots, they both headed back to their respective classes. On the way, Jieun decided to drop by the bathroom as nature called.

She was washing her hands when she accidentally scraped her hand on something sharp. She winced in pain as blood gushed out from the wound. It wasn't severe but she needed a bandage. She leaned closer to inspect the foreign object that cut her as she applied pressure on the wound.

Where in the world did this come from?” she muttered. It was a piece of broken glass with sharp edges. Furrowing her brows in irritation, she carefully picked it up and disposed of it in the trashcan. She tore a few pieces of toilet paper and placed it on the wound, then walked out of the bathroom and towards the infirmary.

Excuse me?” she called out as she opened the door. “Anyone in?”

There was no answer. It was empty. She walked to the front desk and saw a note pasted on the table, saying: 'Out for break, be back in 10 minutes.' She huffed in annoyance. Of all times, the nurse decided to take a break now. She had no choice but to look for a bandage herself. Searching high and low, she finally found a first-aid kit placed beside the bed. Fumbling with one hand, she pried it open, revealing various ointments and bandages in different sizes. She took a cotton pad and wiped her wound with a disinfectant, biting her lips at the sting. Then after applying some ointment, she pasted a bandage over it. Just then, she heard the door open.

The nurse must be back. She thought.

I had to look for a bandage my-” she paused mid-sentence when she lifted her head to look. A tall guy stood there, slowly closing the door behind him. It was Myungsoo. Startled, she jerked backwards and the whole kit fell to the floor. “Wh-what do you want from me?”

He smiled, a remorseful smile. “You.”

Before she could said another word, her head began to hurt like how it did last time when he came close. “N-no, get away....” Darkness and stars clouded her eyes and mind and pain flooded through. She clutched her head with one hand and kept backing away until her legs gave way and she dropped to the floor. She couldn't fight the darkness that was enveloping her. In the end, she gave in like how she always did. Even though everything was clouded in her mind, she heard this clearly coming from his lips.

Remember me.”


 


 


 


 

As Myungsoo saw Jieun faint completely, his heart ached. He hated seeing her in pain, but he had no choice. He promised that this would be the last time. He carried her up and placed her on the bed, then reached into his pocket for the vial containing the potion he made. He tipped her head backwards and slowly poured the potion into . He pressed his forehead on hers, inhaling a sharp breath. Never a second he went by without thinking of her and he found relieve to be able to be this close to her. He missed her so much it hurts.

My princess,” he whispered. He heard footsteps approaching the infirmary and sense that it was the nurse coming back from her break. With his increased speed ability, he cleaned up the mess Jieun made and carried her in his arms, escaping through the window. Her classes can wait for now.


 


 


 


 

Jieun!” she heard someone call her name. She was wandering in the woods, looking for someone. “Over here!”

She looked at every direction, tracing the voice with her ears.. She grinned when she saw his silhouette-thanks to the moonlight-standing behind a tree. Lifting up her long skirt for an easier movement, she rushed to him and leaped into him for a hug. He pressed his lips onto hers, she giggled through their kisses.

What in the world are you up to, Kim Myungsoo?” she laughed. “It's in the middle of the night.”

Shhh,” he hushed her. “Someone might hear us.”

You dummy,” she chuckled and patted his head. “It's only us out here in the middle of nowhere in these woods. What are trying to do?”

You'll see,” he grinned, revealing a set of dimples. “It's a surprise.” Hand in hand, Myungsoo guided her along the unending woods, slowly reaching their destination.

No way,” she said in disbelief. Standing right in front of her eyes was a wooden cabin dimly lighted from the inside. Myungsoo hugged her from behind and rested his chin on the curve of her shoulders.

Surprise,” he whispered through smiles. Jieun had a hand placed on , gaping at the beauty of the cabin.

You built this?” she turned to look at him. Myungsoo playfully shrugged, “Well, more or less. Wait till you see the inside.”

They both walked up the wooden stairs leading to the front door. Myungsoo turned the knob and pushed the door open. Jieun gasped in awe as she saw the interior. She took a steps into the cabin, adoring the whole structure of it. There was a fireplace in front of the living room, and a kitchen right behind.

There's a room upstairs,” Myungsoo winked playfully at her.

Speechless for a moment, Jieun looked at him with a baffled face. He laughed at her expression and led her upstairs. “C'mon.”

A king sized bed settled in the center of the room, accompanied by a wooden windows at the side, showing the scenery of the forest outside.

You like it princess?” he asked.

Are you kidding me?” she gave him her what-in-the-world-are-you-crazy face. “Of course I do! I love it so much!”

I figured it could be our hideout once in a while, since you don't really like being in a place filled with others in the castle,” he said.

You're amazing in so many ways I can't describe,” she looked at him with happy smiles.

Well, of course. After all, I am a pretty romantic guy,” he chuckled.

You tease,” she approached him and laced her fingers around his. “You didn't have to go so far just for me you know.”

Why not? I would do anything to make you happy, princess,” he said as he cradled her face with his hand. “Heaven knows what I did to deserve such an angel like you, so I want to give you everything you want.”

Tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes as she looked at him in the eye. “I love you.”

I love you more,” he grinned and dipped his lips onto hers, softly nibbling on her lower lips. They both fell onto the bed with a soft thump and their lips continued to move in unison.

Say,” Myungsoo broke the kiss. “Wanna spend the night here?”

Jieun rolled her eyes. “Of course silly, every night.”

A lady shouldn't roll eyes you know, it is unladylike,” Myungsoo teased and earned an annoyed pout from her.

And the good thing is,” he continued. “there's no need for you to maintain that calm and ladylike demeanor when you're here. No one will judge.”

Well, you are,” she laughed and slapped his arm playfully. “I can't be sleeping in this though.” She gestured to her dress which had many thick layers below.

Fear not, because I have a few pieces of bed gown prepared in the closet,” he pointed his thumb over his shoulders at the closet sitting a few feet away from them. “And there's other dresses for the next day as well so no one would suspect you were out for the whole night.”

You're amazing, really,” she said again.

Of course,” he gave her his infamous know-it-all expression.

Side by side, she rested her head on his chest, listening to its soft thump against her ear. The night became deeper and eventually they both fell asleep. Since that, they both visited the cabin almost every night.


 


 


 

Laughter filled the entire area but the two couldn't be bothered for there was no one around. Myungsoo laid on her lap, telling her ridiculous jokes that made her burst out in laughter. They were both having their own private time together beside a lake not far away from the cabin.

In the midst of laughing, Jieun remembered that they had both invited a friend to the cabin.

He should be here by now,” Myungsoo said. Just then, a familiar voice echoed through the woods.

So this is where you two love birds are,” the voice said and made his appearance.

Jieun turned to wave at him, but his face was a blur. She knew who he is, yet she doesn't at the same time. She tried saying his name, but couldn't. She turned to Myungsoo, slight panic surging in her. It seem that Myungsoo could see him, but she couldn't. She didn't know what was happening.

Myungsoo,” she said. “who is he?”

There was no response.

Myungsoo,” she called again, patting his shoulders. “who is he?”

Like a ghost, she was invisible to him.

Myungsoo!” she screamed, only to be answered back by her echo. Everything surrounding her started to fade, and then there was darkness.


 


 


 

Jieun woke up to darkness in her room with a heavy breath and sweat treading down her face. It was only then everything came flooding like a wave.

That wasn't a dream. That was a memory.

A memory that happened 100 years ago.

Kim Myungsoo was her lover then.


 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Authornim: Back with an update! LOts of fluff going on here in this chapter xD Im not sure how long this story would be but yeah things are getting complicated. Thanks for all your support for this story and please leave comments

 

Drop a vote on the poll below. I have a oneshot in mind actually but I cant choose who should be the main. Jimin or Jungkook? Vote juseyo~