Strategy

Deep Dark Love

The crowd was in an uproar as soon as the battle started. Both Hoya and Sunggyu lunged at each other, throwing punches and kicks. The wall cracked when it came in contact with Sunggyu's back, and the said one coughed violently, spitting out blood. There wasn't a second to spare when another hit came puncturing him in the stomach and he felt his ribs snap.

“Sunggyu's never going to make it out alive,” Jimin sniggered. “Just look at him.”

“We don't know yet,” Suga replied. “Tables might turn unexpectedly.”

“Hoya sunbae isn't giving him any time to heal himself,” Jin observed. “I don't know about this but at this rate Sunggyu's really going to die.”

“C'mon,” Jhope snorted. “Vampires don't die that easily hyung. We're not as fragile as humans, he's a Superior by the way. The match only started a few minutes ago, it would be a shame if he dies that soon.”

Jin rolled his eyes. “Yeah yeah, but don't you realize if Sunggyu has no time for a break to heal himself, Hoya would've blocked off his circulatory system by crushing the bones in him, idiot.”

Jungkook laughed. “Hyung's smart.”

“Are you mocking me?” Jin narrowed his eyes at the younger.

“That's what you said.”

“Can you guys shut up and watch?” Rapmonster sighed. The rest complied.

Hoya grabbed Sunggyu's collar and hoisted him up, smirking. “It's a shame that you haven't laid a single scratch on me yet. This is the difference between you and me.”

Sunggyu who was coughing out blood managed to croak, “You better think twice about that.” Thinking he caught Hoya off guard, Sunggyu threw a massive punch right at his jaw, only to be shocked that Hoya had anticipated the punch and counter attacked, sending Sunggyu flying away and crashing to the arena's wall again.

“Oh man,” Jimin had both his hands running into his hair in astonishment. “How did Hoya sunbae even know Sunggyu was going to smack his jaw?”

“Don't know,” Jungkook shrugs. “Sunggyu's a tad bit faster than Hoya sunbae, it's a wonder how he could counter him.”

Sunggyu was lying on the ground, gasping for air as he tried to get his healing abilities to work before Hoya makes his second attack.

“It's a shame that it ends like this,” Hoya beamed in arrogance whilst walking towards Sunggyu. “I really expected that you'll put up a good fight but it seems that I overestimated your ability.”

Clenching his jaw, Sunggyu lunged at Hoya. As the latter began to defend, Sunggyu vanished and appeared from his back, sending a punch. But then it seems Hoya knew it was coming, for he grabbed Sunggyu's arm instead and slammed him to the ground with a sickening crack. Sunggyu screamed in pain as he felt the bones in his arm snap into odd directions. The crowd was in a bigger uproar as everyone expected Hoya to be hit from behind.

“No way...” Jimin gasped. “How's that even possible?”

“It's like Hoya could read Sunggyu's mind,” Jin exclaimed.

“In fact,” Rapmonster paused and crossed both arms across his chest. “he can.”

“So Hoya sunbae's a mind reader now?” Jhope rolled his eyes incredulously. “Vampire's aren't gods hyung.”

“Don't you guys ever wonder what Hoya sunbae's special ability is? Rapmonster asked. Within seconds, realization dawned on the other five on them. “He can read minds in combat, an opponent who can read your attacks always wins.”

Sunggyu knew something was wrong. His attacks were to no avail. He couldn't understand how Hoya could counter all his attacks when he was positive that it will catch him off guard. A moment later, a massive kick was hurled at him again and he slammed to the wall for the nth time.

Even though vampires could heal themselves, but continuous attacks would still put them in danger. Sunggyu was struggling to keep himself together, mending back his bones and damaged organs. He could see stars and darkness clouding over him and was almost going to give up. But then, he caught a glimpse of Woohyun at the corner of his eye holding something in his hands. It was the photograph of him and Jieun. He remembered placing it on his pillow before he came to the arena. He was angry at Woohyun for stealing it, but part of him was thankful as it sparked motivation and desperation in him. In a flash, he got up to his feet and punched Hoya in the face but failed yet again.

“Should I end this now?” Hoya asked with a raised brow. “Or do you want me to keep torturing you?”

“You can torture me all you want,” Sunggyu rasped. “but you can never end me. I am going to see Jieun, and nothing is going to stop me, even if I have to kill you.”

“Funny to hear that coming from you,” Hoya crouched down next to Sunggyu flashed his purple eyes. “You are no match for me. I know how you attack, I can see through you. You can never win.”

For a moment time seemed to stop as it hit Sunggyu real hard. Hoya could read his attacks, that's why he couldn't do any damage to him. A wide and evil grin spread across his lips.

“If you can read my attacks,” Sunggyu said and slowly looked up at Hoya. “Can you read this?”

At that instant, Hoya screamed in pain, writhing on the ground in agony with both hands clutching onto his head.

“What's going on?” Jhope gasped.

“That's what happened to us,” Suga stated. “And we almost got killed.”

“Stop!” Woohyun's voice thundered. The arena was silent as all eyes turned towards the Pureblood. Sunggyu found the will to stop crushing Hoya's head and panted for air. “The match is a tie.” The crowd murmured.

“A tie?” Sunggyu thought in disbelief. He won, it's so clear that he did. He wanted to get up on his feet and protest but he was too exhausted as both damage received and powers used had taken a toll on him. Slowly, darkness enveloped him.


 


 


 


 

Jieun woke up. She was back in her room and it was night time. Her bedroom door was ajar and she heard noises in her kitchen. With her heart in , she silently walked downstairs. She breathed a sigh of relief seeing Taehyung there instead of some stranger.

“You're up?” Taehyung acknowledged her presence while his hands were busy making food. “I'm making some soup for you.”

Jieun stood there looking at him. “I can't do this anymore.”

Taken aback, Taehyung stopped what he was doing and approached her. “It's alright.” He pulled her into a hug. “You just need time.”

“No,” she shook her head. “Today I-” she stopped abruptly.

“What's wrong?” Taehyung placed his hands on her cheeks.

She wanted to tell Taehyung about the note this morning. She wanted to tell him about the Law of Vampires she found, she wanted to tell him everything but she just couldn't bring herself to. She trusted him, but something in her was holding her back. “Nothing. I just don't know why I keep fainting.”

“You're probably exhausted. You'll be alright in a few weeks,” he gave her his warm smile.

“I miss Sunggyu oppa,” she swallowed the lump that was forming in . “I miss my parents.”

“I know,” Taehyung sighs and just hugged her, he didn't know what to say. “I know.”


 


 


 


 

“Something's wrong,” Myungsoo mumbled.

“Did you say something?” Sungjong asked as he glanced at Myungsoo who was all stressed and anxious. Before Myungsoo could reply, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” Myungsoo called. Sungyeol came in and huffed.

“What's the matter?” Sungjong asked.

“I have news,” Sungyeol started. “The match between Hoya and Sunggyu was a draw. It was clear that Sunggyu was winning because I saw it myself. But Woohyun stopped the match before things could go out of hand and announced it as a tie. I don't know why.”

“It's probably just to save Hoya and himself from embarrassment since no one was expecting Sunggyu to win,” Sungjong offered to explain. “Is there anything else?”

Sungyeol shook his head. “That is all.”

“Thank you Sungyeol,” Myungsoo nodded and Sungyeol left.

“Things are progressing faster than we thought, I'd never expected Sunggyu to win as well,” Sungjong said.

“With that said, he will get to Jieun before we do. This is bad.”

He tried to leave clues and tried to get near to Jieun. But it seems his actions were harming her. He knew because he saw her in pain and agony every time he tried to get closer to her. Something was obstructing them both, but Myungsoo has no idea what or how.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Authornim: I'm finally back again ueu I'm pretty much dying for some feedbacks here tbh so do drop comments and let me know what you think ^^

And omg is anyone here almost dead because of Bangtan? Their teaser got me like DAYUMMMM TOO MUCH FEELSSSS!!!! Its really a wonder for them to have their comeback stage on MAMA 2015, anticipating a lottt!!!