five

Monster

As the group shuffled inside the restaurant, BamBam chose to stick like glue to Yugyeom’s side, even going so far as to grab his arm and holding tight which caused the taller to look down in question. BamBam shook his head quickly, signaling the other not to ask which he thankfully didn’t.

“Table for..?” The hostess asked, looking at the person in the front of the group who happened to be JB.

“Seven,” He answered, holding up the correct count on his fingers and the girl nodded, grabbing the same amount of menus and ushering the boys to follow her to a rather long table made for large parties towards the back. They squeezed through tables and chairs to get to their destination, all of them having to move in single file line and BamBam almost tripping on a chair leg before he felt a hand touch his lower back, steadying him. He looked behind in question to see who it was and almost choked on his own spit – it was Jackson. The older gave him a sunny smile and whispered, “careful”, before removing his hand and placing it back to his side. The blonde chuckled nervously and nodded his head in thanks and turned back around, making extra sure to watch where he stepped until they finally reached their table.


Everyone quickly took a seat, with BamBam making sure to sit next to his friend, Yugyeom, who was in busy conversation with Youngjae over what seemed to be about a movie. Apparently it was a heated debate, because soon Mark and Junior jumped in, the four of them raising their voices to talk over one another. Completely lost as to what it was they were talking about, BamBam took the time to open his menu and look at the contents. He debated on what to get, although he assumed they were all just going to share large pizzas and browsed each item while he waited for their discussion to die out.

“What kind of pizza do you like?”

BamBam glanced up to his right, surprised to see that Jackson had managed to snag the seat next to him.

“Er, anything really,” BamBam answered truthfully. He wasn’t picky whatsoever and could eat slices in a matter of minutes.

Giving the smaller boy a pleased smile, Jackson looked back down at the menu before saying casually, “I’m sorry I haven’t gotten in touch with you.” Bambam looked at him questionably.
“I mean, to hang out and all. I’ve just been so busy with class, but I would really like to hang out some time soon. If that’s cool?” The blond nodded enthusiastically, not wanting to miss this chance.

“Yes!” he quickly answered, wringing his hands under the table. “ I’d love to. That is, whenever you’re free I guess?” The pair chuckled at each other, a certain ease soon settling over them. BamBam smiled enthusiastically to himself. Things somehow had started to look up, despite his depressing state earlier and he was actually glad he had his roommate drag him to dinner. If he was lucky, it would get better by the time the night was over and he could somehow manage even more alone time with his crush of 2 months.

 

“You two seem pleased,” Junior chimed in. The pair looked at each other before Jackson shrugged. “ Yah, we’re just catching up is all. “ BamBam nodded quickly, gripping his menu.

Before he could also get a word in, their waitress came back to take their orders for drinks and their desired meal. After much bickering, they all settled on 2 large pizzas; one with the works and the other with just ham and mushroom…a classic which BamBam surely loved.

As the waitress walked away, the blond cleared his throat. “So, have you been to the gym lately?” He wracked his brain for better excuses to talk to Jackson, but for some reason the blasted gym was the only topic he could come up with and he berated himself for bringing up something so boring and mundane as working out. Jackson didn’t seem to mind though, instead pleased with this topic. “Man, the gym, I go there  like, everyday!” He continued on about his work routines and what not and Bambam couldn’t help but laugh to himself about how enthusiastic the other was about working out. Surely he had other hobbies?

“What about you? I haven’t seen you there in a while.” The blond blinked, chuckling nervously and replying, “well….The gym is not something I go seek out to do for fun. Actually, Yugyeom kind of has to drag me there.” Jackson laughed, patting bambam roughly on the shoulder. “Dude, if you want a better workout partner, I’m all yours. No offense, but Yugyeom…” Said person heard his name and yelled “yah!” before throwing a napkin peace at Jackson who laughed loudly.

“But seriously, if you need any tips or something, hit me up, we can totally work out some sort of routine if you’re toning up or something, you’re so scrawny.” Jackson proceeded to grip BamBam’s forearm, which his whole hand gripped easily and BamBam had to fight back a awkward blush considering all Jackson did was touch his arm.

“I’m perfectly toned!” He shot back, pulling his arm away. And he was…sort of ? He wasn’t overweight anymore, atleast he considered himself…well, maybe he did need to tone up still? Biting his lip, he said, “Well…maybe it wouldn’t hurt to have some sort of teacher with this stuff.” It was a good idea atleast, and a start to hang out more with Jackson…Even if that dreaded gym had to be included, but if he was patient then maybe it could evolve into..DARE HE SAY..dates?

Wishful thinking, he muttered lowly in his mind.

“I’ll take you up on that offer then,”BamBam said matter-o-factly.

“Cool! This Saturday? It’s a date then,” Jackson smiled, bright and sunny.

 

BamBam was ed. 

--------------------------

 

AN: hohohooho??? what is this??? an update????