Night Call - Myungsoo x Suji

Myungsoo One-shot Confession Collection

Oneshot 2: Night Call


I smiled widely at number 13 as he scored a goal.

“woah woah, someone’s happy their crush scored a goal~~ and by someone I mean Suji~~” My friends teased me.

“shut up” I laughed and hit her shoulder.

“hey, is it just me, or is he and his friends looking up here a lot.” Jieun said.

“I noticed that too...” Yujin agreed.

“hey Suji-ah you should talk to him” Miyoung suggested

“eh? I can’t do that…”

“Then what’s the point of having his number?”

“That was for a project…I can’t just call him for no reason…”

“you can text him”

“I don’t even know what to say.”

“just say hello or hi”

“yeah, but what do I say after… ugh.. I can’t do it” I shook my head.

“omo omo omo, Myungsoo oppa is so hot~~!” I heard a voice squeal, which belongs to one of the queenkas’, Kim HeeYun

“He is sweating making him even hotter!!! GO NUMBER 13” Another voice squealed. I frowned at what I heard.

Having a crush on one of the most popular boys in school isn’t easy since there are about 100 other girls who also liked him. My crush, Kim Myungsoo, soccer player number 13, and school kingka. Being as handsome as he is, girls follow him from the start when he enters the school, till the end when the bell rings. Its impossible to talk to him without someone interrupting or getting hurt afterwards.

 I had to pair up with him for a project once, and those girls did not give me a break, always surrounding me after class was done, my friends had to save me from them. But besides that, he’s really fun to hang out, though I didn’t talk much because I tend to get really shy around him. We exchanged phone numbers so we could work on the project and when the project was done and over, I never once called or texted  him again, I didn’t have anything to say.

“Suji-ah, kaja, we gotta go” Jieun said after everyone started leaving, we stopped by the lockers and I checked mine to see if I received anything.

*there isn’t one this year…* I pouted. Ever since I entered High school, a couple days before my birthday I would always receive a heart shaped lollipop and a rose, with a note saying happy early birthday! But this year, I haven’t received anything… I was really looking forward to it, though it was anonymous. Finding nothing, i caught up with my friends, and headed to class.

 

 

“Ok class, tell me something about the Discrete Fourier transform, it has to be something valuable and worthy. If not, you will write me a 10 page essay on it. I will be picking. ” The teacher announced. Most eyes widen, probably since they had no clue on what that is or was.

*Please don’t pick on me… maybe she won’t since she should know I know the answer..right?..”

“Lee Hyorin”

“uh… its something that…trans..forms..” She answered. I didn’t expect anything from her anyway, she’s part of Kim Heeyun’s clique.

“*sigh* 10 page essay, on my desk by tomorrow Ms. Lee.” Hyorin scoffed and sat back down angrily.

“Nam Woohyun.”

“um.. I can’t exactly remember but it can be said to convert the something function from its domain to the fre..frequency domain?”

“um.. close enough, at least you got most of it right. Your free.” Woohyun silently cheered.

“ok.. how about Kim Myungsoo” Most of the girls turned and just started at him.

“ converts a finite list of equally spaced sample of a function into the list of coefficients of a finite combination of complex sinusoids, ordered by their frequencies.” He answered smoothly, making the queenkas girls admire his intelligence.

“wah~~ L-oppa is so smart! No one can beat him.” I heard a girl whisper

“Good… now… Bae Suji.” *oh gosh. Breathe, you know the answer just pretend he isn’t here.*

“The discrete Fourier transform of a real valued signal is conjugated symmetric and since it deals with a finite amount of data, it can be implemented in computers by numerical algorithms or even dedicated hardware…” I was going to say more because I really didn’t want to right a 10 page essay, but stopped as I saw all eyes on me, I quickly sat back down and avoided eye contact

“correct… Ms.. Bae. Pass.”

“ok, anyone else want to give it a shot, you get extra credit if you don’t you will have to write a 2 page essay, and those of you who passed will get extra credit, so anyone else?” A hand raised.

“T-the d.discrete? fourer transform of the signal and cement and the data… with computers… or denial dental hardware..” Heeyun answered. Some students laughed at how ridiculous her answer was.

“omg haha, she was totally trying to copy Suji.” Some students whispered to each other.

“Kim Heeyun… what? Denial dental hardware? Fail. Next time at least try to remember what someone else said. Correctly. But focus more on getting your own information...10 page essay on my desk by tomorrow.”

“but why 10, you said 2.” Heeyun sassed

 “I said, if you don’t want to give it a shot, you will have to write a 2 page essay, and you raise your hand for a shot so, you have to do 10 for not answering correctly.” The teacher sassed back.

Heeyun huffed in anger and glared at me. *like what did I do… geez…*

“ok, class dismissed. Nam Woohyun, Kim Myungsoo, Bae Suji, you will get extra credit. For the others who didn’t go, or failed. Depending on who you are, 10 page essay or 2, both have to be on my desk by tomorrow.” The teacher said before letting us leave.

No One’s POV~

“dude, when are you gonna ask her.” Sungyeol asked

“I don’t know.. maybe today?...” Myungsoo answered unsurely.

“Just confess, you have her number just text her something.”

 

Suji’s POV~

I finally finished the homework packet, 5 pages done. I saw my phone flash on and unlocked it.

2 group message

Group Message:

8:15 Yujin: Finished~

8:15 Jieun: Just finished.

8:15 Suji (you): Finishhheeddd~~

8:16 Jihee: Done~~

8:16 Suyun: FINISH. ED.

8:17 Suyun: Dang it… I shall win the next race…

8:17 Yujin: Lol, night~~ ^^

8:18 Suji (you): Jalja~~

I turned my phone off and closed my eyes to rest, but then it started ringing, I picked it up too tired to even look at the caller.

“Yoboseyo?” I mumbled.

“I think I like you” then the call ended. I froze, still holding my phone.

*t-that sounded just like Myungsoo…* I snapped out of my daze and quickly checked my recent calls.

Korean ver.                                                                               English ver.

수지의 폰      오후 9:05    76% 배터리                   Suji’s Phone       9:05 pm       76% battery   

김명수   오후 9:03                                           Kim Myungsoo    9:03 pm
지은이   오후 6:40                                           Jieun-ie        6:40 pm
지희아   오전 10:27                                          Jihee-ah        10:27 am        
     

 

I could feel like heart beating faster.

*omg…it was him… he called me…* So many things were running through my head. What did he say, why did he say it..

*ottteoke…otteoke, what am I gonna do… I should tell the girls.”

 

Group chat:

          오후 9:17 (pm)

Suji: ‘picture message’

   Ya ya ya otteoke, he called me...

Yujin: eh?!?! Jinjja?!?! Woahh he did. What did he say????

Suji: …. I think I like you…

Suhyun: Are you serious?!

Jieun: Group call.

 *group call*

“woahhhh, are you seriously?!?!? He said that?!?!?!?” Jieun basically screamed through the phone.

“t-that’s what I heard… did I hear wrong?”

“oh my GAWWDD!! He called you and confessed!! This is like oh my!” Yujin shouted.

“did he call the wrong person?..” I said still doubting what he said was meant for me.

“and he said ‘I think I like you… so he probably doesn’t” I said.

“I think it was meant for you, because who calls at 9 at night? I mean he had to have been nervous to call this late, though it isn’t really late but you get what I mean” Jieun spoke.

“Lets see tomorrow… if it wasn’t meant for you. Im sure he would go up to you and tell you…” Suyung said.

“yeah… if it wasn’t for me, he will tell me. Good night guys~~ see ya tomorrow” I said.

“don’t feel down. Im sure it was for you, if it wasn’t imma kick him ‘there’.” Jieun said making me laugh, then the call ended.

*You’ll see tomorrow…* I thought before falling asleep.

 

*tomorrow*

“Suji-ah! Kaja, lets go to class.” My group of friends spotted me and we all went to class. When I entered I saw Myungsoo smiling and talking with his friends as usual, his friends pointed in my direction making everyone in the group and him turn my way. I saw his eyes widen a bit.

I turned away and continued walking to my seat, * he looked…nervous and a bit embarassed? Probably embarrassed that he called the wrong person… am I right? *sigh* I thought as I looked out the window. Soon class was over, and I was avoiding him completely, I didn’t dare to look or even take a glance at him during class or after. But having the friends I have, they dragged me to the field to watch his practice.

Instead of going to our usual spot which was far away from the field, we sat in the closest seats from the field, I was confused, but didn’t mind it… when I turned my attention back to Myungsoo, I noticed that they stopped the game. His teammates/friends pointed over in my direction again, so I started looking around and behind me, when I looked beside me, I saw my friends sitting like 2 yards away from me. I looked at them seriously confused, and turned back to the field and saw Myungsoo coming towards me. I immediately look down and pretended I was looking at him, soon a shadow hovered over me, so I slowly lifted my head.

“uh…hi?...” I said nervously. Then out of nowhere he grabbed my hand and pulled me up so I was standing.

“Oh my god~~ skinship~~*

“Suji, will you go out with me?”

*No way in heck did those words just come out of his mouth…*

“I-I…b-bu- why…” I wanted to know why, but too many things were running through my mind.

“I’ve always like you Suji for 4 years, I was really happy we got partnered up for the project. You’re not like other girls, who consistently try to grab my attention by sticking to me 24/7. I see you look at me sometimes, though I don’t mind it and pretend I didn’t see it, but really, im smiling inside out. So Bae Suji, will you accept my confession?  He confessed. I nodded and hugged him really tight.

“Happy Birthday” He whispered in my ear.

“h-how did you know it was my birthday…” My eyes widen. He chuckled.

“Sorry for not giving you, your early birthday present, I wanted to give you it in person.” After he said that, his friend came up and handed him something. A heart shaped lollipop, but instead of a single rose, it was a bouquet of red roses.

“You…are the early birthday gift person?..” I asked softy.

“hm. Happy birthday” He smiled.

“Gomawo…” I said tears filling my eyes as he hugged me again. Then we heard cheers, I removed myself from the hug, and saw my and his friends cheering loudly, high fiving each other.

“YAYYY ITS OFFICIAL~~!!!”

“ITS ABOUT TIME!” Then a voice suddenly shouted.

“BWOH!? Oppa! How can you date her…oppa, I can give you whatever you want~~” A queenka flirted.

“Nope, I got everything I want right here” he said as he looked at me, and interlace his fingers with mine. The girl huffed in anger and stormed away.

“Lets go get some icecream~~~ ka~~ja~~~” Dongwoo suggested running towards the exit gate.

“Geurae! KAJA!” Someone else yelled, and we all went to get icecream, I go to icecream all the times with the girls, but this time, I’m going along with my boyfriend and 4 year crush, Kim Myungsoo.

 


Sorry for making you guys wait~~, been busy with other things lately, anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter! More to come!