Self harm

Sehunnie wants to fly

Ring, ring. The alarm clock rang throughout the room. Reaching for his clock, sehun reached out and fumbled with his bed sheets, sitting up and leaning against the white washed walls he slept next to every night. His head rested on the side of the wall as he struggled to find the motivation to get out of bed and start the day. 

Mentally exhausted, sehun unwillingly dragged himself towards the bathroom where he washed his face and brushed his teeth. After doing so, he pulled open his drawers and grabbed a new set of uniform. He threw on his uniform, hands grabbing his white wrist watch. Strapping the white material over his wrist, he successfully concealed the angry red lines on his wrist, the 'painting' of red he had drawn out last night. Wincing as the straps of his watch dug into the cuts on his wrist, he then grabbed his school bag and proceeded to walk out of the door. 

I left my glasses behind. Sehun said to himself. He grabbed his thick black framed glasses, and pushed the heavy black plastic onto the bridge of his nose. Sehun doesn't need glasses. Sehun only wears glasses cause he wants to cover his face from people. He would wear a mask if he could, but that would be slightly outrageous. 

Plugging in his neon pink earphones, he hit the play button on his mp3 as he waited for the bus. Sehun smiled to himself. Today was certainly different. He felt light, and almost happy, the usual gloomy depressing aura temporarily gone for that morning. 

Sehun walked into class, his mp3 blocking out all the stares and murmuring of his classmates as their mouths moved, incoherent strings of gossip and rumour spewing out of their mouths. Sehun heard the occasional 'cutter' and 'the emo kid' and the common one he always heard people say about him 'attention seeking'. 

His thoughts lingered on those worlds. Why would people want to call him attention Seeking? Can't they see he wanted to fade away and be alone? He didn't cut to gain attention. It was his way of trying to stay afloat. 

He opened his thin grey metal pencil box, and silently slipped a broken plastic ruler into his uniform pocket, he  made his was to the school roof. 

A blast of cold air hit his face as he stared ahead, feeling even lighter and perhaps a little tingly. He held the broken end of the plastic ruler to the skin of his right wrist and pressed down hard before dragging the sharp end across his skin, red splotches of liquid occasionally dotting the red angry lines on the skin. Sehun focused on the pain. He focused hard but unlike other days, he didn't seem to feel anything. The pain and self hate for himself still remained lingering in his heart. He tried again, this time he dragged the plastic ruler slowly he thought about his life. Why was he even trying? Why did he even bother? Sehun's mind went blank when he heard the sound of a hearty laugh. A happy, full of emotion laugh he felt intense jealously at until he realised it was him that was laughing. He hadn't laughed that way in such a long time. 

His eyes were curled up into Small crescents, his eyes full of life and his heart glowing with innocence. He remembered the times he spent with his mother. The time where he didn't think so lacking of himself. The times where sehun didn't hate himself. He thought about what it had felt like to have no worries, to not have to live up to expectation. He missed that dearly. 

*sob* *sob*. That's when sehun started crying. Sehun couldn't control his emotions as he poured out his heart on the roof, kneeling on the ground as he cried. He cried for himself, he cried for everyone he had burdened. He cried for the sins he had committed. Sehun cried in pity for himself. 

After countless tears plopping themselves on the hard concrete ground of the floor, sehun felt empty. He let out another laugh. This time the laugh was dry, void of emotion. 

Like I have said. What's the point? Why? There's no purpose to my existence. I have nothing to lose. I want to fly.  With that, Sehun strolled towards the edge of the roof, using his hands to prop himself over the edge, He let his legs dangle in the air for a few moments, his heart secretly begging for someone to save him. Someone to pull him out of the pit the had fallen into.  Sehun waited. He waited until the sunset. No one had come. No one had noticed he was missing. His phone had no missed calls, not missed text messages. That's right sehun. No one would even care if you are gone. Sehun laughed dryly. Taking one last deep breath, he pushed himself off the edge, as he  plummeted 18 stories to the ground. Sehun's face was at peace. Spreading out his arms, last thoughts said. No wonder you felt so light and happy today. Today's the day the Earth was finally rid of worthless trash like you. Let's fly sehunnie.