Chapter 7

Exchange of Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Last chapter for this story…but I might be able to squeeze in an epilogue-ish chapter, I’m not sure. Thank you to everyone who has read this fic…hopefully you’ve enjoyed it somehow. Sequel? Probably none but who knows. ^^ 

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pathetic…

 

I’m so pathetic…

 

In the end, I couldn’t ask him at all!

 

Now I’m just wondering more and more if he’s really my Kyung…

 

Sungmin sighed, staring at the paper roses he was supposed to be folding for the children. He meant to do it so he could somehow calm down and distract himself from thinking about Kyuhyun but…

 

This isn’t distracting me at all! He groans inwardly, practically throwing himself in is handmade pile, frustrated beyond normal (and that was saying something). He wasn’t even sure what to think anymore.

 

Next time…Next time, I’m going to ask if he’s really Kyung…he told himself decidedly, picking himself up from his ‘bed of roses’ and continuing to cut and fold. A thought made him hesitate. But if he just answers me with that goddamn smirk…I might not be able to take it! He ruffles his hair unconsciously. Then again…even if he’s really Kyung…it doesn’t actually change anything…does it?

 

He sighed yet again, depression starting to get to him that he failed to notice Sulli and the other teachers approaching him from behind. He almost jumped when they suddenly came to him with a cup of warm chocolate and some cookies. He blinked at them, a little confused “But…why?”

 

“You always give this to us when we were troubled with something, remember Oppa?” Sulli told him, with a wink. “Right now though, you’re the one who need this so here” the other teachers nodded kindly, that Sungmin couldn’t help but feel touched.

 

“I’m…” he wanted to deny it at first, after all, he was the acting principal and he should be strong, but their gesture was so nice he didn’t have the heart to carry on his façade. “Thank you girls” he smiled at them softly, taking a bite of the cookies. It really was delicious.

 

Sulli and the other teachers smiled back.

 

Meanwhile Baro and Sandeul were watching the scene from their seats. It looks like something was making their seonsaengnim upset and the children didn’t like that at all. Sandeul was about to go suggest to Baro that they should do something, but apparently the older boy thought of the same thing and stood up from his chair. “Baro?”

 

“Let’s go Deullie-ah” “

 

Eh? Go where?”

 


“The adults seems to need a little help….so we should go help them”

 

“But how are we going to do that?”

 

 “Hmnn…we should go find that tall guy”

 

“You mean Kyu hyung?”

 

“Uhuh…”

 

 “Okay!”

 

The teachers didn’t notice them slip out of their classroom apparently.

 

“But where are we going to find him, Baro?”

 

“That’s a good question…”

 

“Yah! You mean you didn’t really know where hyung was?”

 

“Of course not, how was I supposed to know?”

 

Sandeul pouted.

 

“Supposed to know what?” a voice made the two children turn. And to their right stood none other than the person they wanted to find. Cho Kyuhyun stared at the children, wondering why they were outside when he was quite certain classes are supposed to be ongoing.

 

“You!” he looked down at the taller kid---Baro, if his memory served him correctly— pointing at him angrily.

 

Rather than being mad though, Kyuhyun was fairly amused. “You have guts kid” he approved “Why don’t you come work for me when you’re older?”

 

Baro just scoffed “I already know what I’m gonna do in the future, so no thanks” Kyuhyun’s eyebrows furrowed a bit but let the kid speak. “But that’s not why we went to look for you!”

 

“You were looking for me?”

 

“Yeah! Sungmin seonsaengnim is sad and it’s your fault!” “You have to go see him hyung!”

 

Kyuhyun frowned “You’re just children….what do you know?”

 

Baro stomped his foot “And you’re supposed to be an adult businessman but you’re being a chicken!”

 

“Hyung” Sandeul looked up at him with big eyes “You know when someone sighs a lot they are sad? Well, seonsaengnim has been doing that a whole lot…we were scared he’s going to cry soon so….”

 

“If he cries, it’s your fault!” Baro told Kyuhyun, who was simply listening to them. It seemed like he chose a bad time to go visit the day care

 

“Fine…I’ll visit him sometime soon” he turned to go back to his car.

 

“But why don’t you go see him when you’re already here?”

 

“I forgot to do something first. Don’t worry. I’ll go see him”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Fine…yes. I promise”

 

“Yay!” the two cheered.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head…it felt as if he was outsmarted by two children for some reason…He’s crying?

 

 

 

A week passed since then…

 

“Bye seonsaengnim!” Sungmin waved goodbye to the last kid picked up by their parents. Another day passed quickly and it was almost time to close again for the day. The rest of his fellow teachers left early claiming it was ‘movie night’ and was trying to invite him earlier. He declined politely with the reason that he was going to visit his grandmother.

 

“I should really visit though” he thought to himself, while sweeping the grounds…the last errand before he could actually go. “It’s been a while since I updated her….” His heart ached a little at the thought.

 

He heard footsteps and turned before he could even think. He froze a little. “It’s been a while Sungmin seonsaengnim” it was Cho Kyuhyun, looking tall and as serious as ever. Before he could retort something, he realized the man wasn’t alone.

 

“Here you go” he placed the tray in front of the two men, half an hour later inside the principal’s office. Sungmin had no idea what’s going on…and Kyuhyun wasn’t at all saying anything.

 

“Thank you very much” the man Kyuhyun came in with bowed and took one cup. Sungmin never saw him before, so he wondered what he was doing here.

 

“So erm…Did you have something to discuss with me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter