Chapter 1

Exchange of Interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi~ :P This story is just random okay, a little fast paced too. I'm just trying to find out if I still know how to write because the long break has been quite unproductive and rusty for my brain. ;(

I hope you still enjoy this story. woul appreciate any words too. if you think the plot is familiar, you're probably right.  >XD overused plot is cliche. I just wanted to drabble ;))

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

4 in the afternoon means the end of another day for Sunshine kindergarten, and the parents would all be coming in to fetch their children.

 

 

 

“Bye bye, seonsaengnim~” one of the students Amber waved happily, her mother bowing gratefully before the two started to go on their way.

 

 

 

“Bye bye, see you tomorrow~” Sungmin waved back until they were out of sight. He chuckled and went back inside the building. She was the last student left to pick up so he was now free to tidy up before going home himself after another day of teaching the kids.

 

 

 

“Good work today Sungminnie” The young man smiled when he was greeted with the scent of warm tea at home. The aroma led him to the dining room, where his grandma was pouring a cup for him. “Have the teachers gone home as well?” the old woman asked kindly as he took his seat.

 

 

 

“Yeah” he nodded. “All the parents came in early and personally picked up their kids…it’s kind of unusual but nice” he sighed contently at the warmth the tea provided. “Since many of the parents are all business professionals, it’s kind of nice to see them actually seeing to it that their children make it home safe”

 

 

 

His grandma agreed. Then she turned to him more seriously “But there is still that fact…the number of children coming is slowly starting to decrease”

 

 

 

Sungmin didn’t even try to deny that “True, that is a problem…” he stared at his cup, lost in thoughts. The Day care run by their family, named Sunshine because it was his grandma’s favorite, was in fact already old. His grandma was the principal and he worked as a teacher. “Our budget is a little tight lately because of the decreasing birthrate…” he closed his eyes, trying to will his negative thoughts away. His grandma always did say those thoughts should not be entertained in the kind of business they were in.

 

 

 

“I’m sure everything’s going to be alright” His grandma told him with a smile, and Sungmin couldn’t help but smile back.

 

 

 

“I hope you’re right, grandma”

 

 

 

Yet even though he said that, Sungmin couldn’t help it but feel worried. He loved the Day care, and he didn’t want it to be forced to shut down because of budget deficiency…he himself grew up in this place after all. He heaved another sigh, deciding to go out and clear his head. He was probably tired and overthinking stuff again. Before he realized it, he was already in front of the Day care again.

 

 

 

“Well of course the gate is locked…” he muttered softly, looking at the gates. He had keys to it of course, but he left it at home because he didn’t think his feet would bring him here as he walked. He was just about to turn around and walk back when he jumped at the presence behind him. He yelped, about to scream about ghost and demons when he realized it was only a person. (But a big, suspicious looking person at that!) He gaped at the tall man.

 

 

 

“W-Who are you? Why are you here?” he managed, trying to not look scared if the man looked like he had cronies under his command close to him.

 

 

 

The man stared at him for a few seconds. Sungmin tried his best to keep his ground. “I need to speak with the president of this Day Care…” his eyes widened a little, who is this suspicious looking man?

 

 

 

“Cho Kyuhyun? From Cho Corporation?” half an hour later and the tall stranger, whose name was revealed through his business card, sat in their living room. Sungmin didn’t really trust him at all, but he didn’t have a choice. He took a seat next to his grandma, who was staring at their guest with interest. “That means you’re already the president at such a young age? That’s amazing” she told him.

 

 

 

Sungmin thought it was too, he initially thought the man was from some sort of illegal gang, but it turns out he was a rich business after all. Then he blinked…wait, something’s not right here… “But…what brought you to our place?” he asked.

 

 

 

The man stared at them seriously. “My company is a land contractor, and a development contract has been issued” he said. “To put it simply, you are being asked to leave”

 

 

 

“L-Leave?” he’s got to be kidding, right? Sungmin shook his head. There’s no way he was going to let this man do such thing.

 

 

 

“We already have a settlement with the local government” Mr. Cho told them. “And all that’s left are the individual negotiations. Most of the others involved have already agreed----”

 

 

 

“Liar!” Sungmin blurted out angrily “We’ve never heard of any of this!” he glared at the man, but it was only doing so much to the other.

 

 

 

“I suggest you better think about it now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter