Seven

Mr. Sleeping Beauty
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~~~~

 

It seemed that Yuto could sleep anywhere or because he was so exhausted it didn't matter, but I hadn't slept underwater in a very long time and it felt strange.

"Hyo-sun?"

I sat up in the bed, and looked over at the doorway. Heechul held out a hand to me and I swam over and took it, and we left the palace and he took me through some tunnels and I knew exactly where we were going. When we broke the surface of the water, he jumped up onto a flat rock and sat down and then pulled me up into his lap, and I sighed.

"You're pure evil" I muttered.

He chuckled and held me close.

"You remember this place?"

"How could I not? It holds too many fond memories to just forget."

He made a contented hum and I leaned against his chest.

"We told each other everything here," I murmured "this is a zone of no lies or secrets, everything's out in the open."

"We told each other that we loved each other here. Even though we were betrothed, I asked you to be my wife here."

He nuzzled my hair.

"I wish I hadn't let you go, it was the stupidest thing I've ever done..."

"If you hadn't, I would have resented you."

"True."

"You're also leaving out some other important things that happened here."

He chuckled darkly.

"Like the first time I got to see you with legs," I said "and-"

"Our beautiful nights spent as one here- with you always falling asleep in my arms afterwards."

I looked up at him, and he rubbed my cheek.

"Quit causing yourself pain, Heechul."

"It's impossible around you. Right now, I'm barely holding myself back from ravaging you."

His lips twitched as if to back up his statement and I moved to straddle his lap. I doubt anyone has any true concept of how merfolk have . They don't change into human forms, or have hidden entrances or any other secrets like that... okay, they have some secrets like that but not like the human form or secret enterances. Though with Heechul in a human form is phenomenal, that's not how most merfolk do it. With them, is alot of touching and kissing, but is achieved through their minds. The mental play... there is no single word to describe that high. The stronger the mind, the better it was, and Heechul... let's just say he's a mad genius.

"Heechul..."

I leaned close to his lips and my resolve wavered, and then he kissed me and it was over. His touches burned my skin, but it only made me more desperate for the connection between us. Our minds linked and I gasped at the familiar feeling. Every cell in my body burned, and he gasped. Then I heard his voice in my head.

By the gods, Hyo-sun, I've missed you so much.

And I, you. It feels like your mind has been deprived of intimate contact.

It's a rarity anymore.

Why?

Because the only one I've ever truly wanted is you.

That sent a throb though my body and I moaned into him. His hands slid up my legs and I wrapped my arms tight around his neck.

Heechul, please, I know you're holding back- stop it.

If I let you feel how strong my feelings are for you right now, it'll push you over the edge.

Prove it.

He lifted all his walls between us and the rush hit me hard and I moaned out his name as I was pushed over the edge. I arched back torwards the water, and he chuckled.

"I told you."

He laid a soft kiss between my s and pulled me up, and I just gazed at him, and lifted all of my own walls and he groaned and his body shuddered against mine.

"You were just as quick."

"Shut up" he teased and kissed my neck.

I slipped into the water and scooped up water and poured it over his fin and ran my fingers over the slick scales. He smiled and I pressed soft kisses over it, and he pulled my face up a little as he leaned down and kissed me.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"What?"

"Everything I want. You don't want me, you love Hong-bin now-"

"I do love Hong-bin, but that doesn't mean I don't want you."

"Do you love me?"

"Of course, I'll always love you, but Hong-bin needs me."

He nodded.

"Of course the weakling does."

I popped his cheek and his eyes widened.

"Crap, I forgot you're the one that like to be hit."

"Come here."

He jerked me back up into his lap and I curled up as he held me, and I yawned.

"For old times' sake," he murmured "just go to sleep."

"Okay."

His humming and gently fingers lured me to sleep shortly.

 

~~~~~

 

When I woke up and looked around, I definately wasn't in the guest room of the palace Heechul'd given me. I glanced over and saw him asleep next to me. I ran my fingers over his cheek and his eyebrows knitted together.

"Heechul" I said lightly.

His eyes opened slowly and he looked at me, and pain crossed his face.

"What were you dreaming of?" I asked.

"I-"

"Prince Heechul."

A man flung the door open and Heechul groaned.

"I've told you not to barge into my room, General."

"It's important this time."

"Then go bother one of or all three of my brothers."

"Young-woon oppa?"

The man looked at me as I sat up and a goofy grin came onto his face.

"Hyo-sun!"

I swam over and hugged him and he chuckled.

"Why are you so nice to just her?!"

"Because I care about Hyo-sun. In a protective big brother way."

"You're supposed to protect me..."

"If it came down to protecting you or her, it would be her."

"Whaaaat?!"

I chuckled and hugged Young-woon again.

"Oppa, you're a general now?"

"Mm-hmm. Cool, huh?"

"General! What is the important matter you barged in here for?"

"Oh, the rest of her party has arrived asking to be brought here."

I pulled back.

"They caught up already?!"

I looked at Heecul and he sighed and sat up.

"You owe me a couple days," he said "I assume you're trying to stay ahead of them?"

"Yes..."

"General, tell Dae-jung and Minzy to accompany Hyo-sun until her journey is complete."

"Those two? Why?"

"They have the most experience of being on land."

"Alright."

"Go."

He left and I went over to Heechul and hugged him and he nuzzled my neck.

"I'll come back to finish my promise, don't worry."

"I know you will, just don't be too long."

"I'll do my best."

He pulled back and I gave him a soft kiss and then went to go get Yuto.

 

~~~~~

 

"I'm so glad to see land" Yuto said as we walked out of the water. I looked at the other two who sat in the grass and started drying off their fins in the sun.

I dropped my bag and went over to the girl.

"How long will this take?" I asked.

"As soon as it's completely dry it'll turn into legs, your highness."

"Alright."

I pointed my staff to the sky and the wind picked up, and I redirected it to her fin like a blow dryer and it took no time.

"Thank you" she said and bowed her head and pulled a pair of soaked shorts from her bag.

"But if your legs get wet..."

"They'll turn back into a fin. I didn't think to store clothes on land just in case."

"I can help" Yuto said and helped her up and then pointed to the ground and vines sprouted and wrapped around her until it looked like she was wearing shorts.

"Thanks."

We did the same to the guy, and continued on.

"I can't even see the castle anymore," I said "which way?"

"Allow me to lead you?" The guy asked.

"Sure. What are your names again? I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm Dae-jung and she's Minzy."

"Okay."

He wove us through a forest for about an hour until we finally broke through and I smiled.

"We made it!"

"Princess, tread cautiously."

"Why? Have your people laid more traps?"

"No, Da-yeon still resides within the barrier."

"We should leave our bags somewhere around here and get them later" Yuto said.

I nodded and strapped on my sword and staff, and he helped me get on the dagger Sang-gon had given me. I let my wings appear, and we made our way to the castle. People laid all over the the ground, still breathing- sleeping where they fell. I made careful quiet steps and saw the king on the ground, the queen beside him and both still held swords. I bowed to them automatically and Yuto touched my shoulder.

"They're still breathing, we need to keep moving."

"I know."

We went through the front enterance of the castle carefully, and I glanced around and all I saw was more sleeping people.

"Yuto, Gun-il acted as if I'd never be able to get into the castle without trouble, I see no signs of Da-yeon."

"I know, this making me really nervous."

Something wizzed past my head and I froze.

"What the-?"

A small creature smaller than my middle finger collided with my chest at the high speed it was going and I caught it and stepped behind a wall. I held it up in my hand and the small girl trembled.

"What sort of creature are you?" I murmured.

"That's... an Air Elf."

"Yuto?"

"They were supposed to have died out a long time ago, before you were born."

I directed my attention back to the girl.

"Can you speak?" I asked.

She opened her small mouth and pointed inside and I looked closer.

"What happened to your tongue? Did... Did Da-yeon...?"

She nodded quickly.

"Stay with us then, okay? She won't touch you again."

She nodded again and I opened my shirt pocket and she flew in and closed it up.

"Well, we know Da-yeon's here somewh-"

There was a loud growling sound and I flinched and I looked around the wall and then bolted forward and grabbed the mermaid girl and soared up into the air and Yuto followed suit with the guy as a few huge wolves bolted at us.

"Is that werewolves?!" Yuto asked.

"Not just any werewolves," I murmured "the only ones here that were known fought for the humans. I saw some outside. But there was that one squad that went missing."

"How many were in that squad?"

"Ten. They were the human king's best and most experienced warriors. Everyone mourned when they went missing and vanished without a trace."

"Then why aren't they asleep-?"

"I think Da-yeon caught them and kept them somewhere off of these grounds and released them when she invaded."

"But they'd never turn on their ruler-"

"They're probably under a spell."

"Then what do we do?"

"We do nothing, can you hold Minzy too?"

"Yes, but I shouldn't let you fight them. You're a princess-"

"I'm a warrior princess, I can handle it."

I switched Minzy into his other arm, and glanced up.

"Honestly, you guys could probably sit on the chandelier, it's made of deer bone and chain, it's not going anywhere."

I drew my sword and staff and plunged down the midst of the wolves.

"Werewolf soldiers, can you give me your names?!"

I was only met by snapping teeth, slashing claws and growls.

"Their wolves have taken over, damn it! I really didn't want to have to do this!"

I tapped into my powers and they flooded

Please log in to read the full chapter