Six

Mr. Sleeping Beauty
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~~~~


 I'm not sure how long we were out there, but I got the hang of flying fairly easily, and soared up higher into the sky and looked around. There was yet another bamboo forest and past it was a huge castle.

 "Hyo-sun, time to come down."

 How far could I get before he'd catch up to me.

 "Please don't fly away. Your wings will cramp, and the fall could seriously hurt you."

 I looked down at him and my stomach growled.

 "I'll fix you something good to eat" he conned.

 I sighed and landed and he smiled and ruffled my hair.

 "Good girl. I'll even give you a special wing massage I learned."
 "You know alot about fairies."
 "Well, I grew up with them and I've known Gun-il since... you'll probably think it's creepy, nevermind."
 "Please tell me?"
 "He... he's been around me since I was born. He was the one to always take care of me as a child and growing up. He was my nanny, maid, best friend... I always thought he was so smart and so beautiful. I actually gave him my first kiss. I was thirteen and I just grabbed him in the hall one day and did it. He got so red and flustered and tried to tell me that it was wrong and I shouldn't do it ever again. I didn't listen. It wasn't until I was sixteen that he stopped resisting me. I'm not sure what changed his mind but... I was glad."
 "Is that when you two got together?"
 "Yeah. It was a secret from everyone except his brother- he figured us out."
 "When did you meet H- me?"
 "When I was twenty-three."

 He held out his left hand and pointed to a ring on his index finger.

 "Your gave me this for my twenty-fourth birthday."
 "It's beautiful."
 "Shouldn't you remember everything already?"
 "I do, but... there's been so many lives and my head is chaos, there's my current life's memories mixed in and jumbled up with all the others... I can't really sort out anything."
 "Repeat after me, okay?"

 I nodded and he said something in old fairy language and as soon as I finished repeating it, it was like everything was sorted into folders on a computer. I smiled and hugged him.

 "Thank you!"
 "You're welcome."
 "Ahem."

 I flinched and looked over and saw Gun-il.

 "What are you two doing?" He asked.
 "I was helping her" Cheol-yong said.
 "She's not escaping?"
 "I brought her out here."
 "For what?"
 "So he could bite me" I said.

 They both gaped at me.

 "What? Is it that hard to believe? Cheol-yong, don't you want it?"

 I smirked and he actually gulped.

 "That's a cruel joke, Hyo-sun."

 My smirk disappeared.

 "You really do want it?"
 "Yes."
 "Gun-il, go away" I urged.
 "Hell no!"
 "Just go," Cheol-yong said "I won't let her run away and I won't take too much. Trust me."
 "But-"
 "Gun-il."

 He sighed and walked off and Cheol-yong crossed his arms.

 "Are you done teasing me now?"

 I leaned back against a tree and crooked a finger at him. He eyed me but stepped close and I held out my arm.

 "I'm not teasing anymore."

 He pushed my arm away.

 "Give me the left one."

 I held out that arm, and he took my hand and pressed his lips to my wrist. His fangs ran out and his eyes were pitch black, and he looked at me. I just watched him, and then he bit in and I slapped a hand over my mouth. It burned, but it immediately disappeared as a cool wave crashed over my body.

 "Are you doing that, Cheol-yong?"
 "Mm."
 "Thank you."

 He stopped drinking in no time and away the blood until it stopped.

 "Now about that wing massage..."

 He rolled his eyes and chuckled.

 "Once we get back to your room, okay?"
 "Okay."


~~~~~
2 Weeks Later


 "Yuto, please?! I can't stay here any longer, I've wasted too much time! I know how to control and access my magic, you helped me remember physical fighting moves, and Gun-il has my sword and staff! Please help me!"

 He gave me a sad look.

 "But I don't know where he hid your sword and staff, how am I supposed to find them?"
 "Get Cheol-yong to help you. Gun-il doesn't think I'm ready, but I am! There's no telling what Da-yeon has been doing in all this time he's given her!"

 He held my face gently and put his forehead to mine.

 "Alright, Hyo-sun, I'll try my best."
 "Thank you."

 I covered his hands with mine, and he rubbed his nose on mine and then left the room. I sighed and flopped down on the bed and picked up the journal. There were only a few pages left and I really didn't want to read them, so I flipped to the last page.

 -12th of February-

 Why did no one tell me? I should have been told about the fighting, but it was too late when I did find out. Hyo-sun is now laying in my lap, barely breathing. I have to... I can't live without her, so maybe, just maybe... I just used her own sword to slit my wrist, and I'm feeling very weak, it won't be much longer. Someone please find this and help us all... Hyo-sun, my heart is forever your's and only your's.

 There was some dots and smears on the page, and I ran to the bathroom and immediately threw up and started crying. He thought that bleeding and triggering the spell would save me? I told him I was immortal, he only endangered himself! He should have waited for me...! But maybe that saved him too, he can't die as long as he's under the spell.

 "Hyo-sun? Where are you? I have a couple things you want..."

 I washed off my face quickly and walked out and saw Cheol-yong and Gun-il.

 "What?" I asked.
 "Gun-il" Cheol-yong prodded.
 "Alright, Alright!"

 Gun-il pulled a case from behind him and handed it to me.

 "Here. I was... convinced you should have these..."

 I opened the case and nearly cried again. My staff and sword were inside.

 "We can go soon, but you have to promise me you won't leave on your own or tonight."
 "I promise. Thank you, Gun-il."
 "Yeah, yeah. You can let go now, Cheol-yong."
 
 He chuckled and let go of the back of Gun-il's shirt.

 "Cheol-y

Please log in to read the full chapter