Three

Mr. Sleeping Beauty
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~~~~

*~Hyo-sun's Pov~*

 

I felt a soft touch on my forehead and opened my eyes and saw Yuto next to me.

"You had a slight fever earlier, it's gone now. How do you feel?"

"Better, thanks."

I sat up on the hammock made of vines and looked around.

"Is this your home?"

"Yes."

"It's beautiful."

"Thank you. Want to see the view?"

I nodded and he helped me stand and led me through a rounded doorway, and it took me onto a small balcony and I gaped at the view.

"Here, there are fairies, wood nymphs, sprites, pixies and other nature based creatures."

There were lots of smaller creatures flying through the air and I looked at the huge trees surrounding the town. I covered my mouth and he let out a laugh as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

There was a knocking sound and we turned around.

"Come in, Yuri."

I saw another guy walk into the room and then he came out onto the balcony.

"Hyo-sun, this is my twin brother, Yuri."

"Twin? Who was born first?"

"I was" Yuto said.

I nodded.

"I'm glad you're awake," Yuri said "I've never seen my brother act so gentle torwards someone."

"Shut up" Yuto grumbled.

"I mean he hardly ever takes away my pain."

"Because usually I inflict it and you deserve it."

"Yuto!"

I chuckled and looked back at the town.

"Can I... am I allowed to go look around the town?"

"Not just yet," Yuto said "let's go sit down and you can answer some questions for us."

"On one condition."

"Which is?"

"You show me how to get to Jajeong Beil."

"Hyo-sun, you answer all our questions and tomorrow I'll personally you there."

"Deal."

We went down a floor to the living room and sat down.

"What are you?" Yuri asked.

"Uh, Korean?"

"No no, like we're fairies."

"Oh, I'm just human."

"But you can read Prince Hong-bin's journal."

"So?"

"It's not possible. Humans shouldn't even be able to see the journal even."

"Well my brother did, he's the one who brought it home to me."

"What does he look like?"

"Uhm, where's my bag?"

"I'll go get it," Yuto said and disappeared upstairs and came back down with it "I cleaned it off for you."

"Thanks."

I sat it in the floor and dug through it and pulled out my wallet and pulled out a picture of me and Gun-il and showed it to them.

"His name's Gun-il."

They looked at each other and then me.

"What?"

"He looks alot like someone we know is all."

"Well that's cool. What other questions do you have?"

"How did you get here?" Yuri asked.

"Honestly? I fell through a hole in the ground. It opened up under me and it was either fall or possibly get killed by a vampire."

"A vampire?"

"Mm. His name is Cheol-yong. He's intent on saying he won't kill me but I don't trust him."

"Lee Cheol-yong?"

"Yes."

"Don't you know who he is?"

"No."

"He's-"

"Yuri. Has he not been explained in the journal?"

"No, but I'm only a little over halfway through it."

"You need to read more before you get to Jajeong Beil."

"You said you'd take me-!"

Yuto held up his hands.

"I still am. It's going to take more than a few days to get there. There's places good beings aren't allowed and places that aren't safe. I'm just saying you need to read as much as you can as fast as you can."

"Okay."

"Come on, we'll take you out into the town, just don't run off, okay?"

"Okay."

They led me into town, and I couldn't stop looking at everything and one street booth had food samples.

"Hyo-sun, don't. You eat that and no human food will ever be able to sustain you again."

"Oh... but it looks so good..."

"Move on..."

I sighed and walked on, and we came across a guy who's glossimer wings were torn and shredded and hung down limply behind him.

"Sang-gon, what do you have for sale today?" Yuri asked.

The guy turned around and glanced at me and smiled and held up one finger. He scanned over his tables and then reached under one, and pulled out a small yet slightly long box from under it, and held it out to me. I raised an eyebrow and took it and opened it and there was nothing there. I looked at the twins, and Yuri chuckled while Yuto snorted and then I looked back to the guy. He pointed back to the box, and there was a sheathed dagger in it.

"How did you do that?!"

He just smiled and pulled it out and showed me the blade. It was solid back and the hilt and sheath were made of bone.

"It's beautiful" I said.

He sheathed it and put it back into the box and I tried to hand it back but he held up his hands.

"Sang-gon, I know how long it took you to make-" Yuto started and shut up at the guy's look.

"Thank you so much," I said "what are these straps for?"

He came out of the stall, and fastened the straps onto my right thigh- not even bothering about personal space. I tensed, and he attached the sheath to it.

"Wow, thanks."

You'll need it, he mouthed.

"Sang-gon, this is Hyo-sun."

His eyes lit up, and he took my hand gently and turned my palm up. He looked confused and then look to Yuto accusedly.

"What? She's not... she says she's human. Don't look at me like that."

"Sang-gon is Yuto's best friend" Yuri told me.

"I can tell."

Sang-gon let go of me and stuck out his tongue at Yuto and my eyes widened.

"It's so long!"

He jumped and looked at me.

"Stick your tongue out again."

He covered his mouth and shook his head.

"Come on, please?"

He sighed and did it again quickly.

"That's so cool! Are all fairy tongues like that?"

"It's because his dad was part snake, so no."

"Is that why you don't speak, Sang-gon?"

His whole attitude changed and Yuto pulled him into a hug and Sang-gon rested against his chest.

"He's just

Please log in to read the full chapter