From concealer to friendly reminder

Conceal. Reveal.

Conceal, reveal.

 

It was another night spent with watching her boyfriend through her laptop. No, not skype-ing. She's watching the fancam of her boyfriend's performance in his latest concert.

 

Too y.” She said, as she replayed the 'too y' part again for umpteenth times.

 

She never finished the video because of replaying too much.

Once she finally moved from the y part, she found that part when he smiled to the camera so sweetly, and that's what she replay-for-umpteenth-times next.

 

She missed her boyfriend like crazy, it's been almost two months since their last meeting. And it was the day when he confessed. Yeah, their relationship was still so young and warm. She thought that it's so normal to feel longing, so freaking much.

 

She was going to sleep with her laptop beside her again when someone rang the bell. She moved her so lazily and walked out of the room while scratching her back-head. Whoever it was, she's hoping that it wouldn't be–

 

Kai.” her boyfriend.

 

Hey... Iseul.” He gave her a look from head to toe.

 

No freaking way. She was completely a mess. Iseul was in her oversized pyjama and shorts, hair was so messy as if she hadn't taken a bath for years. The last thing she wanted in her life was being caught in such a condition by her own boyfriend.

 

But there she was.

 

Kai smiled, showing his perfect arrangement of teeth, his smile was the sweetest one she's ever known. “Am I disturbing your sleep?”

 

She was dumbfounded, but she still tried to manage to answer Kai's question. Wishing that it would reduce how dumb she is now in Kai's mind.

 

No, I wasn't sleeping. W-what are you doing here?”

 

It wasn't the word Iseul planned to say once he met Kai again. She planned to hug him so tightly and say 'I miss you.'

 

I'm visiting my girlfriend, I guess?” He smiled again. Stop smiling, for God's sake I might die. “It's my first time coming here, right?”

 

Yeah.” She could only say that.

 

Well, it's normal to be so surprised like now.” Now he laughed. Oh, how can a laugh be so dangerous for someone else's heart?

 

He moved closer, “I don't care about how you look right now. Just come and hug me, I miss you like crazy.”

 

I tried. But I can't move, you idiot, can't you see?

 

Iseul closed her eyes and the next thing she knew was her being wrapped in Kai's hug. Kai's built arms were hugging her so tightly but not suffocating, it was so comfortable.

 

She slowly moved her hands to hug him back, letting herself to touch him with her hands after a long time. They stayed in the same position without any words for almost 10 minutes. It wasn't because of awkwardness, it's their way of expressing their feelings.

 

Silence has always been our favourite language.

 

 

They finally released the hug and smiled at each other.

 

“Why do you have to be here now of all times? I look terrible.” Iseul said, still holding his doubly-bigger hands.

 

“Why do you have to protest at my arrival now, of all times? You didn't even protest when I came 25 minutes late for your favourite film.” Kai said while combing her hair with his fingers.

 

“Because I look terrible! I hate looking terrible in front of a good-looking person.” She pouted.

 

He laughed, pinching her pouting lips. “Didn't you listen? I don't care about how you look. The desire to hug you tight is bigger that the desire to see you in your prettiest form, moreover, this looks natural.”

 

Iseul hit Kai's head with no doubt, “What natural!”

 

“Yah! Why do you hit my head, you little penguin!”

 

“A penguin??”

 

“Yeah, a penguin. Because you're as cute as them.”

 

You got me again, Kai. She got herself burning inside, not because of anger, but because of the super cute compliment.

 

Have you eaten?” Ha, I'm always good in diverting topics.

 

Why? Did you cook something yummy?”

 

If lasagne is yummy enough for you, then yes.”

 

Woah, of course it's yummy! I want some!” He said happily like a hungry kid, she smiled.

 

Okay, sit down and I will heat it for you first.”

 

Kai obeyed and walked straight to the dining table as Iseul walked to the kitchen to heat the food. But when he saw her back, he postponed to sit and walked to her instead, hugging her by the waist from back.

 

Hey... I told you to sit, hmm?”

 

He put his head on her shoulder, “I want to hug you.”

 

Okay then...” she caressed his cheek and proceed to pour something to the glass.

 

“What is that?”

 

“Apple juice, drink it.” She said, giving the glass to him. Kai obeyed again, drinking it in one-shot.

 

Iseul giggled, “Did you run to here?”

 

“If I say yes, could we go to bed faster?”

 

Iseul turned her head to look at his eyes, “Go to bed?”

 

He nodded, “I'm tired, but I couldn't sleep at dorm, I want to sleep here with you. May I?”

 

Whoa... we're going to sleep together?

 

“Mmm, sure. Why not?”

 

“Yes, then. I ran all the way here.”

 

And yes, that made them go to the bed faster. Kai ate really fast, not sure whether it was because he's hungry, tired, or because the lasagne was just too delicious.

 

 

After washing his face, he went into the bedroom. Smiling when he saw the video of him in her laptop, it was paused on the 'smiling so sweetly' part.

 

“So this is how you spend your days without me?” He said when he heard her stepping in.

 

“Wha– oh, God!” She abruptly closed her laptop and shoved it to her bookshelf. “Nope! It's just today.” And another todays.

 

He didn't bother to smirk and say 'Liar', he found her hiding the truth is just too cute so he couldn't help but let it go.

 

He sat on the centre of the bed, Iseul followed to sit in front of him.

 

There was another silent, just looking at each other's eyes and holding hands.

 

But then Iseul broke the silence, “You got a severe dark circle here. Let me take the concealer.”

 

Kai was going to stop her but she moved really fast like a little deer.

 

 

“What are you doing...” Kai said when Iseul started applying the concealer on his dark circles.

 

“I'm preventing you from changing into a panda.” Iseul said, applying the concealer so seriously. “Didn't you sleep?”

 

“You know that I sleep a lot.”

 

“I mean the night sleep, it's obligatory! You have to sleep at night, you're not a bat or owl.”

 

“Yeah, I only got a little bit of that.” He admitted. “Hey, will it be effective to Tao?”

 

“If he was really born with the dark circles then no. His is not this kind of erasable dark circles. Okay, it's done.” Iseul said as she cap the concealer, throwing it to her desk.

 

She cupped his cheek, “Hope it will be better next morning.”

 

“Thank you.” He kissed her forehead, hugged her and fell naturally to the bed together. “It feels so good to sleep with you.”

 

“I feel safe with you here.”

 

“I will always keep you safe, don't worry.”

Kai planted a soft kiss on her lips, and of course, she kissed back. The kiss lasted for 5 minutes with no further actions, it was merely a soft and sweet kiss with 0% lust. Then they closed their eyes and drifted to the dreamland with hugging each other.

 

Kai woke up automatically, it means he had a really good sleep. But he got no Iseul beside him, he abruptly got up and looked around.

 

“Iseul?”

 

“Yeah?” Iseul popped her head from the bathroom, drying her face with towel. “Hello, sleepyhead.”

 

“When did you wake up? What time is it?”

 

“30 minutes ago, it's 9.15 now. Why? You got schedules?”

 

“I won't be here now if I got schedules, manager hyung won't let me go. He loves me a lot.”

 

Iseul threw the towel right to his face, Kai merely laughed. She climbed to the bed again, brushing off the towel and looked at his eyes.

 

She smiled, “It got better.”

 

“Thanks to my personal beautician.” Kai smiled, caressing her cheek. “It's so good to see your face right when I opened my eyes in the morning.”

 

“Me too, you slept so sweetly. You didn't even snore like the other boys.”

 

“THE OTHER BOYS?” He raised his tone unknowingly. “Have you slept with other guys??”

 

“Geez, Kim Jongin. My dad snores, my friends told me that their boyfriend snores, your bandmate Baekhyun even yelps. But now I have proven your bandmates' statement that you sleep so silently.”

 

Kai scratched his back-head, smiling sheepishly. “Sorry, did I look possessive?”

 

“Yes, so possessive.” Iseul giggled.

 

“Ah, let me be possessive to my beautiful girlfriend, I won't let anyone have you.” Kai hugged her tightly.

 

“Mmm, it's really good to hear that.” She put her head on his shoulder comfortably, hugging him by the waist.

 

“I'm going back to the dorm at noon... so I want to spend the remaining time like this.”

 

“At least brush your teeth first.”

 

“Later.”

 

They went silent again, busy with their selfish thoughts of not letting each other go. They would have stopped time if it were possible.

 

Kai ran his fingers through her hair, inhaling the strawberry scent of the hair. Iseul was merely resting her head on his shoulder, sometimes rubbing his back softly. And then Kai moved to kiss her cheek, her neck, and shoulder, rubbing her bare arm so softly as if she was made of glass.

 

“I missed you so much.” He said.

 

“I really want to pay for an hour of your time if I could... just an hour.”

 

Kai tried hard to not cry, “You don't have to buy for my time... I will find time to spend on you, as much as possible. I promise.”

 

“Don't hurt yourself again, keep in mind that you're still a human, not a robot. It hurts every time I hear you got hurt, you know?” Iseul has dropped her first tears.

 

Kai immediately grabbed her face softly, looking at her eyes, “Why are you crying? I'm okay... it's not something to be cried of...” He wiped her tears with his thumb.

 

“How can it not be something to be cried of? I worry about you...” She started crying.

 

“No, don't cry please...” He leaned to kiss her eyes, pausing for a while to lean his forehead to hers. “I don't want to see you cry...”

 

She was still sobbing, holding his hand so tightly. It's something that he hate to see, it hurt him, each drop of her tears made a wound in his heart. As if he had done something really wrong, making her cry was something really wrong.

 

He moved to kiss her nose, and then lips. He made it soft again, he wished it could stop her tears.

 

She gradually stopped sobbing as she kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. He started giving more pressure in their kiss, making it deeper, he pulled her by the waist. And the next thing they knew, they got themselves got messed up, literally.

 

 

There was an awkward atmosphere after making-out earlier. They kept on avoiding each other's eyes as they talk.

 

“So, uhm, see you later?” Kai said, clearing his clean throat again and again.

 

“Okay.”

 

“You have something to reveal the next time we meet.” He made a friendly reminder, making Iseul looked up at him with wide eyes.

 

“What?”

 

Kai merely smirked, “Bye, sweet cake.”

***