My First and Last

My First and Last

You were at the young age of 3, yet you already knew having an arranged marriage was your faith. As the heiress of one of the biggest companies in Korea, this is one of your obligations. Not only you wanted to be potent successor, but also an obedient daughter.
As you started school, that was your only aspiration. You have top honors. In spite of that, you had less friends. Boys were also all over you, but you never entertained even one of them. You thought that there is in no point in falling in love,when you'll be married to a boy you don't know anyways. As the years passed that was still your motive.
The day came. You will meet your fiance. Your mother kept on telling you that you'll be married to a good-looking young man. You cared less if he was handsome or not. You already planned to make a deal with that guy to only stay as friends.
"________! Wear something more reasonable! You'll be meeting your future husband tonight, and we don't want him to think you're wearisome." mom said as she was going through my closet. "Eomma~ Why do I have to? It's just a meeting. Besides, you know I'm not into boys..." you said as you tried to hide your face from your mother. "AISH. This is not just any meeting! You'll be meeting the son of the company who agreed to combine with ours! If you don't look presentable, they may not accept this offer. All your hard work will just go to waste." she scolded. I just stood there staring at the ground, then finally "Okay... I'll wear the dress you gave me on my birthday then." Excitedly, she replied "OH! I LIKE THAT ONE! QUICKLY! WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN 20 MINUTES!"
You finally arrived at the restaurant. "A restaurant? OOHHH~ IT LOOKS SO NICE HERE! CAN WE EAT WHILE WE WAIT FOR THEM, OR MAYBE EVEN AFTER THIS?" I squealed as the sight of food came to my mind. "_____! That is not the right way a lady should act, especially that you are here in public." my father said. "Mianhae~" I replied not even meaning it. You were just staring at the restaurant with huge grin. "Should we go inside then?" my father asked. "YES!" I quickly replied. "_____! Your manners again!" my mother said as we went inside. "For how many people Sir?" the receptionist asked my father. "We made a reservation for 6. The ______ family." "Ah, right this way sir" he said as he gestured his hand to our table. "We will be eating with the Choi family. Just show them the seats when they come here." father asked nicely as possible. "Yes Sir."
You were just sitting down waiting. You were already playing with the utensils on the table. It was obvious you were bored to death. "Eomma, Appa, can I go the the balcony for a while? It's getting cold here." you asked very politely so they could allow you. "Okay, but be back for a few minutes. They're on their way here." You ran to the balcony, but before hearing your parents scold you for doing that, you were already outside.
"Kyaaaaaaa~ It's so nice here." But then the breeze went by. "Aish, the air is colder here rather than the one inside." you said as you shivered and warmed your arms with your hands. Suddenly, you felt something soft & warm on your shoulders. *A jacket? But who?* You turn around to see a boy around your age but wayyy taller than you are. He had this charismatic smile that made your heart beat twice than it should.
"Ddd.. Do I... know you?" you stuttered. You were too mesmerized by his face. It looked so peaceful. His smile melted your insides. After that, you just frozed. He chuckled at your reaction. "No, not yet, but I would like to introduce myself to you." he said with a voice that can weaken you. "I am Choi MinHo." *Choi? Isn't that...* you thought. "I am your fiance." with that, he slowly took your hand and kissed it. "It's nice to finally meet you.", and again he gave that same smile. You thought you were going to faint. I'll be married to a guy this perfect? And also, there was really something about him. Something about him that makes me give him my complete attention. "I'm..." You managed to say, but then he cuts you "_______... Your parents told me that you went outside to the balcony, so I excused myself to see my fiance alone.." he said as he scratched the back of his head. He was blushing. My heart began to pound so hard and maybe even loud. You were just hoping he won't hear it.
"So should we go in already?" he said as he reached his hand to me. "Yeah..." You replied softly. After that, you forgot your plan to just stay as being friends.
-----
It has been three weeks since you knew MinHo. The two of became bestfriends actually. He was the only guy that made you feel so comfortable, that you don't even know what you felt for him was growing from just being friends. You're supposed to meet him at the park today.
*Hmmm, what should I wear today? Should I wear a dress, or just jeans? AHHHHH.* Suddenly you remembered his face. You can't help fangirling. You wre just squealing inside your bedroom until you heard a knock. "Mistress? Are you alright in there?" one of the maids asked. You realized what you were doing. You straighted yourself up, took a deep breath, and replied, "Yes."
After picking clothes, you stared at yourself in the mirror. You imagined MinHo beside you. You think the two of you look good together. Your just gave off a big smile and tried not to fangirl~ again. You looked at your watch. "Hmm, it's still so early. I want to him him already." you said sadly. When you were about to turn the knob of the door, you stopped. You held your heart. "Why am I this eager to meet him?" you asked yourself. "I can't be falling for him, can I? I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!" you screamed as you fell to he floor. You just held your heart and tried to understand your feelings. *I never knew the feeling of love.* "What if I do love him? I CAN'T. This is an arranged marriage. I bet he feels nothing for me. He's just to nice..." I whispered as tears fell from my eyes."He's my first love... "
-----
You found yourself running to the park. You saw a familiar body sleeping on the bench with a book on his face. "Minho oppa~" you said with a smile running to him, but stopped because you wanted to suprise him. You were slowly walking to him. You were counting to yourself before surprising him. *One.. Two.. Th...* "BOOO!" Minho shouted. He beat me to it. I was the one who got surprised so eventually being clumsy, I tripped over. "Ooof!" I yelp, but instead of feeling the cold hard floor, I felt something warm behind me. "Minho oppa! I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT!" I said but still not yet moving from the awkward position. You were on top of him. "Kekeke, it's okay ______-ah~ Hmmm... Do you mind? You're kinda heavy... Kekeke" He said with a chuckle but also with a blushing face. After noticing where I was, I blushed hard, stood up but then pouted as I remembered his last statement. "Heyyy, I'm not heavy~ I'm just average oppa~" I said still pouting. He gave a little snigger. He just pinched my cheeks saying "My ______ is just too cute. You're too gullible and innocent!" I massaged my cheeks afterwards, then he came close to my face. I feel my face become red. He whispered in my ear, "That's what I always like about you." After saying that, he left me frozen on the street. *My _____? Cute? Like me? OMO.* I regained consciousness, and ran after him, "YAHHH! OPPAA! YOU ERT!!!"
He treated me ice cream today. He knew me too much already, but I don't mind. I trust him. "Oh, _____-ah. You have ice cream on your face." he said as he brought his hand to face to wipe the ice cream. It felt like electricity when his skin touched mine. I just remained quiet. He let out a quiet laugh.
"Hey _____. I've been wanting to tell you something." he said with puppy dog eyes. I can't resist that face. I turned away, and said, "Yeah? What is it?" "Well, there's this girl I like..." And at that second, my heart broke in to a million pieces. I mean, how can he say that he THE PERSON HE'S SUPPOSED TO MARRY? But then again, we're JUST best friends. "Oh really? That's nice." I managed to say. "Yeah. " he said with a big smile. It was the first time I saw him smile like that. I guess that girl's really special. Maybe nothing compared to me. But if he's happy, I'm happy. Minho suddenly looked at his watch. "OMO! It's already late. You should go home already. Do you want me to bring you home?" He said with this sweet smile of his. I wanted to say yes, but because of his like towards a this girl, I had to say no. "No oppa. It's okay. You have to go home early as well. I'll be fine. Bye oppa." you said that as quickly as possible with a weak smile. You quickly turned around. But then you felt someone's hand on yours. You were pulled and you saw yourself wrapped my Minho's arms. "..." you were speechless. "Kamsahamnida ______-ah. For always being there for me.." his arms tightened. You didn't know what to do so you pushed him away. You bowed "Mianhaeyo but I have to get going." you left and you were really confused. *Is he just playing around with me? Why Minho oppa? Can't you see I'm falling for you?*

-----

2 weeks have passed and you and Minho didn't meet each other. You were trying to avoid him. You received a lot of texts and calls but you never replied nor answer. You looked at your phone. "Minho oppa... I'm sorry, but please, let my heart heal first."
Your marriage will be next month but you still haven't talk to Minho about it.

---

You just strolled on the park, but it was 6pm. Someone called out to you. "_______" You turn to see Minho walking towards you with an unpleasant expression. You closed you eyes. You were scared. You never saw him this angry. "______" He was already in front of you. "..." "______, why haven't you been returning my calls, and why aren't you replying to my texts? Don't you know how worried I was about you?!" he sounded mad. I was waiting for a slap on the face. I deserved it. Avoiding him was for my own selfish reason. Instead of receiving a slap, I got a hug. "Minho oppa?" It felt like something wet was on my shoulders. Was he crying? "_______-ah... I missed you... Did I do something bad that you're not talking to me even now? Please let me make it up to you..." Suddenly, my emotions went out. You were flattered, but also, confused, angry, and hurt. You push him lightly so he can see you. "Minho oppa, why? Why are you so kind to me? Please, because of that, you make me so confused! You say you have a girl you like, and because of that, I feel hurt! I know it's your nature to be kind to people but please, Minho oppa... I've fallen for you so please, don't make things complicated for me..." I finally said as tears went down my eyes and as I looked down. I heard Minho chuckle "_______-ah. Until now you don't know?" he said smiling already. "_______, you're that girl. You're the girl I'm telling you about. I was going to confess to you but never reply so I thought you were mad at me or something happened." You just stared at him.He held your hands. "I never meant to hurt. I was actually giving you clues on who I like. If I only knew you were this slow, I would've confessed to you then and there." The both of you laughed. "But this seems to be better though, you told me your feelings as well." You blushed. "But if you don't mind, I want to make sure.." he said with a smirk on his face. He led his hands under my chin then the other behind me. He brought me closer to him. His face were just inches away "Saranghae" he breathed. With no doubt, I replied "Nado saranghae" He smiled. He leaned closer. I closed my eyes, waiting for a kiss, but the warmth went away my face. I opened my eyes seeing him kneel down before me. "We never had a proper proposal, so if you don't mind, I'll be doing it now." he said softly. I was shock. I never expected this. "On the day I met you, you have already stolen my heart. You are my first love and my last. _____, will you marry me?" he said with sincere look on his face, then I see him holding a ring in front of me. I felt paralyzed. He was just waiting. Finally, I had the courage to say "Yes." He slipped ring on my ring finger. He smiled, stood up, then hugged me. "________, you're the only one who makes me this happy." He lets go, looks intently in my eyes. "I love you" he said as he leaned to my face. We closed our eyes in unison. Closer and closer, we touched. This is the best thing that ever happened to me. My first kiss was given to me by my first love and eventually my last, Choi Min Ho.

-end-