Chapter 1

Our Baby Hyung

The fangirls were following them. Into their dorm building.

“This is all your fault Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo hissed. “I knew we shouldn’t have gone out, the five of us are too loud and conspicuous!”

“Shut up how was I supposed to know they’d follow us inside the building? Isn’t it, like, publicly indecent to follow someone to their house? That’s called stalking!”

“Do you really think they’d care? These are crazy fans hyung!” Kai whispered angrily.

They could hear footsteps on the stairs a little below them and scarily high voices cooing “oppa”. It made them all die a little on the inside.

“Wait.” Everyone stopped dead and looked at their leader. Chanyeol was blinking with large eyes. “We can’t lead them to our dorm room that’d be even worse.”

They were two floors away from their dorm and the fangirls were gaining on them.

“Well then what should we do?” Baekhyun asked fearfully as he clung to Kai’s arm.

“Oppa~”

Just then, a door opened.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. Everyone turned to look.

“WAIT!” All five of them threw themselves inside.

The door slammed shut just as the fangirls reached the floor.

“What the hell is going on? Why are you in here? Get out! I’ll report you!”

Five faces turned to look. A tiny boy was standing there, arms crossed and glaring at them.

“Please sir? We just need to hide out for a little bit and then we’ll leave.” They collectively cringed as high pitched voices floated in through the door.

A stomach rumbled.

They all turned to look.

Sehun pouted. “I’m hungry.” He looked at the boy. “Can I have some food?”

The boy stared at him.

“Are you serious?”

He couldn’t help being hungry. Sehun patted his stomach mournfully. He didn’t like diets. “It’s okay baby, I’ll feed you when I get home,” Sehun tried to console his stomach, which let out another rumble as if in discontent.

Suddenly, a slice of bread was shoved into his hand. “Here. Eat. Now be quiet, I have a headache.”

The owner of the apartment they just escaped into was really pretty, thought Sehun. Like, really pretty. His hair was black and fluffy and he had big eyes and pink lips and fair skin and just pretty. And cute. How anyone could look pretty in ugly winter sweaters was beyond him but he looked so cute with the way he seemed to be drowning in the fabric, all small and delicate and fragile.

Except he was glaring at them. “So, tell me, why should I not kick you out of my house like right now?”

Chanyeol grinned sheepishly. “Um, because the girls outside might mob us?”

The boy stared pointedly at the tallest one of them all, taking in his muscled biceps and magnificent height. “Right…mobbed by prepubescent girls.”

“We’re EXO-K,” Baekhyun chirped. “You know, the hottest boy band in Korea right now and stuff?”

The boy blinked. “…Right.” He paused. “Can you leave then?”

Baekhyun put on the full aegyo. “But you can’t leave us out there to die~” and Kyungsoo looked at him wide-eyed.

“Do you have more bread?” Sehun asked.

The boy reached out to snag the bag of bread from the coffee table where he’d set it and threw it at Sehun, eyes still fixed on them in a suspicious glare.

“Out of the good of your heart?” Baekhyun pleaded. “If you throw us out, that’d be cruel.”

The glare didn’t subside but the boy’s lips were starting to push out in a pout. He was just so cute that Sehun, against his better judgment, stepped forward and tugged quietly at his sleeve.

 “Please?” he asked, trying to make himself look as cute as possible.

The boy’s lips thinned and Sehun could almost see the thoughts that flashed through the other boy’s eyes before they closed. A sigh. “Fine.” Then, “Let go of my sleeve.”

                 

 

“Um…well I’m Baekhyun!” Baekhyun said, trying to break the sudden awkward silence. The others quickly followed suit. The boy looked up at them, eyes calculating. His skin was so smooth and soft-looking, Baekhyun had the urge to rub his face against it. He quickly blinked that thought away.

“S --…Joonmyun,” the boy muttered, eyes down on the floor. His mouth tightened a bit and then relaxed. He looked up and smiled at them and Baekhyun was semi-taken aback at how bright he was all of a sudden, and how terribly cute. “Joonmyun,” he repeated.

“You don’t have to smile at us if you don’t want to, we are intruding,” Chanyeol said suddenly.

The smile on Joonmyun’s face faltered a bit. “What are you talking about?”

Chanyeol chewed on his lip. Being the Happy Virus, he had to smile through a lot of things: painful dance injuries, his friends getting mauled in the airports, and sasaengs, among others. He knew what a fake smile looked like. Lots of people fake-smiled at them these days. Cameramen who felt they weren’t good enough, producers that thought they were amateurs, antis that snuck into events to sneer at them but had to act nice in front of their real fans.

Usually, Chanyeol didn’t mind. Everyone should be able to act however they wanted. But for some reason, he didn’t like seeing it on Joonmyun’s face. He wanted Joonmyun to be honest with them.

He stared back unflinchingly as Joonmyun studied him for a minute, smile growing ever smaller, before it disappeared altogether.

His smiling, bright countenance was replaced with a cold look of haughty arrogance. But it was honest and Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile at the adorable picture Joonmyun made of a tiny boy drowning in an ugly sweater and sweats and still trying to act cold and aloof.

Joonmyun scoffed, all pretense gone. “Weirdo. You’d rather have me show you my bad side right off?

Chanyeol shrugged. “At least it’s real.”

Joonmyun’s eyes widened before he looked away. “W-Whatever,” he muttered. He breathed in deeply as if to compose himself. “I said you could stay for now so I’ll keep my word. You guys can watch TV or something. I have to go get my coffee.” He walked up to Chanyeol , who hid a smile at how cute Joonmyun was, all small and tiny and angry, and glared at him. “I don’t know if you’re the leader or whatever but you guys touch my stuff and you die, understand?”

Chanyeol nodded and smiled brightly. “Got it!”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes as he put on his shoes.

“Will you buy me chocolate bubble tea?” asked Sehun.

Joonmyun turned around and eyed Sehun. “You just ate a whole bag of bread,” he deadpanned and with that, he was out the door.

 

 

 

With the owner gone, the other members began milling around. The apartment they had run into was about the size of their own apartment which was pretty cramped for 6 but too spacious for just one. It also had the added benefit of only having one person’s clutter and therefore seemed less cramped than their own dorm.

Well, they said clutter, but the living room was spotless. The members perched themselves on the couch, scared to mess up the pristine nature of the room.

“He’s cute,” Kyungsoo blurted. He blushed when everyone turned to look at him. “Really cute,” he mumbled, picking at his shirt, embarrassed that he’d said it.

“He is,” Baekhyun agreed before curling in on himself around a pillow. “I wanted to pinch his cheeks.” He sat up. “Maybe I’ll do it when he gets back!”

Kai scoffed. “Please, Joonmyun-ssi would kill you.”

“I’d kill who?”

They all bolted upright from the couch. Joonmyun came in, holding a coffee and a bag. An eyebrow was raised in amusement.

“Um…nobody,” Baekhyun said nervously.

Joonmyun rolled his eyes and closed the door behind him.

“Are the fans still there?” Kai asked.

Joonmyun shrugged. “If by ‘there’, you mean not outside my door but parked outside the building then yes they’re still there.” He looked at them for a moment. “I always thought they might be squatters but I guess they were your fans.”

Chanyeol stifled a laugh in his sleeve. Joonmyun padded inside and set the bag on the table.

“What’s in the bag?” Baekhyun asked. A squeal of joy sounded and they all turned to look at their maknae who had already dug into the bag, pulling out a cup of chocolate bubble tea.

Joonmyun nodded at the bag. “There’s some for you guys too.”

“Are…you our fan?” Chanyeol asked as he pulled out a guava milk tea, his favorite flavor. Joonmyun had gotten them each their favorite flavor. “Like…secretly?” He looked at Joonmyun. “Do…you want an autograph?”

Joonmyun scoffed. “Don’t flatter yourself. Sehun said he wanted chocolate and the lady asked me if I wanted to try all the other flavors EXO-K liked and so I just bought all the flavors she told me.”  He leveled a look of suffering at Sehun. “What a coincidence that your favorite bubble tea shop is right next to my favorite coffee shop.”

“So you didn’t go out of your way to buy these for us?” Sehun asked sadly. “Ow!” he said as he felt a sharp flick to his forehead.

“I left my coffee shop intending to go home and there was a bubble tea store next door and I decided to go in there, spend my time standing in line buying your stupid bubble tea with my money, and carry this bag with my own energy to my apartment so yes I did go out of my way. Be grateful.” Joonmyun said. “And also, when you’re done with your tea, you should probably go back to your own apartment.”

They all pouted, stood up, and began walking towards the door. Right before they left, Baekhyun turned around.

“We’ll come visit you tomorrow Joonmyunnie~” Baekhyun called. “Thanks for the tea~”

As the five members filed up to their apartment, all of them had giddy grins on their faces. Blushing Joonmyunnie was probably the cutest Joonmyunnie ever.

***

“Um….a chocolate bubble tea,” Joonmyun said uncertainly. The kindly ahjumma smiled at him from behind the cash register.

“Chocolate? That’s our Sehunnie’s favorite flavor,” she said happily, keying in his order. She looked at him. “Are you an EXO-K fan? I know all their favorite flavors. This is their favorite bubble tea store!” she said proudly. Joonmyun blinked.

“O-Oh is that so?”

“Would you like to try their favorite flavors too?”

Joonmyun thought of the five pretty boys probably sitting on his couch at the moment.

You don’t have to smile at us if you don’t want to.

His heartbeat quickened involuntarily and he sighed. “Fine. Why not.”

***

A/N: yay for first chapter!!! XDDD leave me comments and subscribe if you like it so far :D