2/2

Blood and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere was tense as they stared at each other. Although Min Joo looked brave and almighty, she was panicking inside. 

There was no way to escape. The way to both the lift and emergency staircase were blocked by men in black who she recognised as the minions of the boss. On her right, there's a place to jump off the building but she's staying on the 13th floor, jumping down is definitely not a good choice. It's the same as committing suicide. 

There's only one way to escape - which is to break through them and run down the stairs. 

"Jong In." Min Joo whispered after stepping closer to him "Run towards the emergency stairs at the count of three" she instructed.

Blinking in confusion with his eyebrows furrowed, he leaned closer to ask her further. "Why?"

Sighing inwardly at Jong In who is always so bad at reading the situation, she counted, ignoring his other unnecessary questions. "One...two.."

"Wait what?"Jong In shrieked.

"Ms Min Joo. It won't work. Just come with us." The bearded man in the black suit and white shoes persuaded, taking a step forward. However, being the persistent girl she is, she refused to listen and continued with her plan despite that the chance of escaping is 1/100.

"Three!" 

With that, Jong In dashed, passing through the men in black and ran towards the emergency stairs with Min Joo pushing him from behind. Her right hand was inside her pocket, ready to take her knife out in case she has to use it.

The fastest man among the rest managed to grab Min Joo's collar, pulling her back making the girl choke badly as the cloth was strangling her. Jong In whipped his head and pushed the guy off her harshly. 

"Don't hurt her!" He stood in front of her with both arms opened, attempting to block them from hurting her. Jong In is known as the kindest guy ever who doesn't even dare to kill ants. An angel is a better word to describe him. But if it's for his love, he is willing to do anything.

As expected the men do not care about that. Two guys dashed to him and skillfully tacked him down. No matter how much Jong In struggle, he couldn't get out of their grip.

More guys came to attack Min Joo. She kicked, punched them and even cut some of the men's arms and body. She then sent the guys flying to the wall. Angered by her actions, 6 guys proceeded to held her in place and had no choice but to knock her unconscious by hitting the back of her head. She felt a sharp pain on her back and everything turns black.

"Min Joo!!" Jong In screamed her name but she did not wake up.

"Let's go." The oldest guy ordered and with that, Jong In and Min Joo were carried into the van.


Muffled voices were heard as Min Joo tried her best to force her eyes open. Everything was blurry and her head hurts from the impact earlier. She tried moving her hands to no avail, they were tied together. Both her legs were tied together too. Shaking her head to get a better vision, she looked around the room. It was quite dark, with only a candle as the light source. Footsteps were heard passing by the room accompanied with male's voices. Clenching her teeth, she forced her hands to get out of the ropes which failed as it hurts her wrists. She let out a frustrated groan, feeling vulnerable at the moment. Looking around, she tried to find something sharp...

A smirk was plastered on her face as she found it. Waggling her feet together, her hand reached to the glass shred. Using all of her strength, she cut the thick ropes with it but winced when it accidently cut her wrist making it bleed. After her hands were free, she moved to free both her legs. She stood up groggily, almost hitting the table beside her. 

"Jong In..No!" She panicked. Nothing may happen to him. He shouldn't be hurt. He's innocent!!

Min Joo turned the doorknob and luckily, it wasn't locked. She pushed the door open and looked to the right and left, searching for the presence of anyone. It seemed like they left since it's quiet there. She took a step outside and proceeded to find Jong In. Her steps were fast but quiet as she opened the doors she saw, her head poking inside the rooms to find him. 

"Jong In-ah!" Called Min Joo upon seeing him. She was utterly shocked by his current condition. He was being held on his seat by 2 men. Both his hands and legs were tied, mouth taped. She could see blood stains almost everywhere and he was panting heavily. "What did you do to him?" She growled. "Release him."

"But the boss.." The man said.

"Release him." Her eyes became extremely cold as she clenched her fists in anger. Feared by her, they released him just like how she wanted before pushing him towards her. Min Joo ran to him, supporting him by his arms when he was about to fall. 

Jong In breathed heavily. "M-m-In.."

But Min Joo put her finger against his lips. "It's okay, don't speak first. You're weak now." She shook her head. Jong In showed her a weak smile and was about to open his mouth when a voice interrupted him.

"Are you guys filming a drama?" 

Min Joo turned back in alert. There he was, leaning against the door frame, gazing at her. The man she feared and hated most. The boss or her so called stepfather. He was the one who adopted her when she was abandoned in the street. He was the one who educate her, train her to be the best assassin. He wanted all the best for her. But he was also the one who made her do such sinful thing like killing. 

Clicking his tongue, he began. "You're getting more and more daring with me you know. You used to be like a cute little girl who always listen to me. Never once did you try to disobey me. Now that you've met that bastard, you dare to disobey me?!" His voice got louder and it resounded the whole room, sending chills down Min Joo's spine. He was scary. She admitted that. But she was no longer the little girl who is weak. She's a grown up lady who is trained to be an assassin. A dog will still bark at its owner when it's angry. And she will. 

"I do not want to listen to you anymore. I've had enough. You're killing innocent people just because you're envious or you are mad at them! You're pure evil!" She gathered her courage and shouted whatever she wanted to say to him the whole time. It felt so great to say that out after holding it in for a long time. 

The boss' face changed immediately. The once cocky and a little angry face was replaced with an icy and he looked very angry as if he could kill someone without mercy in a blink of an eye. "Well done Min Joo." His eyes glinted with evil. "You've just said the keyword for your death. Should I show you what pure evil is like?"

Min Joo remained calm. She was thinking hard on how to escape this and wanted to report him to the police so that no more innocent people will be killed just to satisfy him. It's not worth it. 

The boss took out the gun in his pocket. He looked at it for a while before lifting his head, showing them his smirk. 

"I won't let you kill him old man!" Min Joo glared at him. She stood in front of Jong In, shielding him. 

Shaking his head, he chuckled. "No no Min Joo-shi. I'll not kill him. You know I don't kill." That made Min Joo raise an eyebrow at him. The smirk on his face grew wider as he said his real intention. "I want you to kill him."

Her eyes widened. "Never! I told you I will not do what you say!"

"If you don't kill him, then I will make him kill you." He said.

Jong In shouted immediately, moving forward to shield Min Joo from him. "No! Please! If you just want to kill me, then kill me! Don't hurt Min Joo. She had suffered enough!"

He looked at Jong In with amusement. "This is funny. I can't believe you are willing to sacrifice for Min Joo. Well, it can't be helped since you don't know what's behind her mask."

Jong In narrowed his eyes at the boss. "What do you mean?"

Folding his arms together, he explained. "Do you know why she entered the same university as you? Why did she take the same course as you? Why is she always with you?" He paused to let Jong In have some time to think. "If you think this is all fate, then you're wrong. It's all planned."

"Boss!" Min Joo called out, attempting to stop him from revealing further but Jong In stopped her by holding back her hand.

"Why? Scared that he'll hate you?" The boss snickered. "What's done is done. You cannot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter