1/2

Blood and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The storage was dim, the smell of blood, corpse and metals filled the air. The door creaked open, a woman with black shoulder length hair entered the room. Only her footsteps was heard as the room was quiet. She stopped and bowed to the man in front of her. "Yes boss?"

Tappings were heard for a moment before the boss finally spoke in a low voice. "How's it going?"

Lifting her head up, she answered. "It's going well, boss." Her heart beats rapidly and cold sweat formed on her forehead. She was afraid of what her boss will say. The man with beard and cigarette stick on his mouth nodded, stood up and ordered. "Do it tomorrow. Failure means your death." His voice was menacing as he poked her forehead roughly before walking away.

"Roger that." She breathed heavily, turned away and walked towards the exit. He sat back down, puffing his 5th cigarette today in the dark room. The smell of smokes makes him felt calm and happy. His lips curled to a smirk. "The fun part has just begin..." 


The light shined through the window, making the male who was sleeping soundly groaned in annoyance. He rolled on his bed, trying to find a better position to sleep when his alarm just had to wake him up. Grumbling loudly, he slammed the alarm clock hardly. Satisfied that finally there is peace, he snuggled under the covers and smiled in content. Nothing's better than having a deep sleep. Just when he was about to fall asleep, he heard an angel like voice.

"Jong In-ah."

Immediately, he smiled and opened his eyes to see the woman he loves lying beside him. He could smell the strawberry scent from her hair as she leaned closer to him. "It's time to wake up." Min Joo whispered softly beside his ears. 

Jong In shook his head, trying to act as cute as possible and pulled her down by her shoulder. Min Joo let out a squeal in the process and her face came in contact with his chest. Wrapping his arms around her tightly, he refused to let go as if she is going to disappear if he do so. "I don't want to wake up. I want to stay with you like this. Forever."

Giggling, she shyly put her hands on his chest and tried getting up. It's not that she didn't like being that close to him, instead she likes it a lot. His warmth makes her felt safe and protected. However, she knew that if she did not do that, he will not wake up and go to work. She smacked her arms lightly and nagged at him. "Jong In-ah! Wake up. It's past 8 and you have work at 9. You don't want to be late and get scolded by your senior right?"

He gave her a pout and whined. "Fine, fine." He got up but suddenly turned to look at her when he remembered something. Something he needed everyday. "What about my morning kiss?" He puckered up his lips. 

Min Joo rolled her eyes at the "baby" Jong In. "Later." She stuck her tongue out and get off the bed. "Get ready okay? I'll be waiting for you outside." Jong In yawned sleepily, before nodding. She peered over her shoulder and eyed him suspiciously. Thinking that Min Joo had went out of the room, Jong In sneaked under his covers again. 

Min Joo huffed."Kim Jong In!" 


 

The table was filled with different types of food. There were rice, sausages, bacon, omelette and banana. Jong In, being the big eater, devoured all the food in within 10 minutes. People would usually be surprised at him but Min Joo had got used to it long time ago.

They first met when they were in university during the tennis club practice. Truthfully, Min Joo didn't want to join it because she was scared of balls. Scared of being hit by balls. However, the other clubs were full and tennis club was the only club left. On the other side, Jong In was one of the best player there. After noticing Min Joo struggling with tennis, he walked over to her court and offered to help her. Slowly, they began to develop feelings for each other. A year later, Jong In confessed to her at a ski resort. 

"I'll be back soon." Jong in said near the doorstep and leaned in to give Min Joo a slow kiss. Min Joo smiled and waved at him. The door closed and Min Joo's expression changed immediately. She peered over her shoulder and saw the picture of her and Jong In during their 3rd year anniversary. "I'm sorry. I don't think I can do it." She sighed. After cleaning up the house, she grabbed her purse and drove to a flight agency.

The glass door opened and Min Joo stepped into the building with nervousness inside her heart. She walked towards one of the empty counter and the agent greeted her with a friendly smile. "Hello Miss. May I help you?"

Returning the smile, she responded. "Hello. I want to buy 2 tickets to Sydney tomorrow."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter