And

Memory's Vestige Occurrence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6

Lunch rang out and together with Sungjong, the three second years round about the halls up the stairs onto the roof, where they shared a huge lunch of breakfast foods together.

“Seriously, why so much breakfast?” Sungyeol pats his stomach, eating the majority of the waffles. Sungjong had already checked out with them, eating his fill and immediately returning to his works with other friends. The Lee sibling that stayed with them suspected the younger was betting who’d win the next soccer match. Or football. Whatever you call it. “Cooking Mama?”

“My brother went on a cooking spree, indeed Cooking Mama,” Hyemi giggles, rubbing her neck with slight embarrassment, but Myungsoo could tell her voice was still fond. “Woohyun-sunbae was over, I guess he was trying to impress.”

“They did—slash—are going to do it!” Sungyeol screamed. “Oh my god! It’s just like the sudden appearance of Isaac’s son in Golden Sun!”

“Shut up you idiot,” Myungsoo laughed jubilantly, smacking his friend down. As Sungyeol plopped, in his pocket a little folded paper fell to the floor. “Hm?” he made an intrinsic sound, “What’s that?”

“This, my good lad and lass,” Sungyeol picked up, showing the little square to the interested second years, “Is…!”

He dramatically stood up, unfolding the paper with slight hinders because he didn’t want to rip it and stood rather stupidly for some time trying to unfold it. “This is the ‘Who’s-Has-The-Nights-App’ bet list!”

“Bet list?” Myungsoo sat up, taking the paper and staring at it. “Why?”

“The Nights app is shrouded with mystery,” Sungyeol steps up onto this edge that they don’t know why is there but they sit on it and Sungyeol makes full use of it there, making the giraffe even taller. Putting a hand to the sky, he boldly smirks and winks to Myungsoo, who gags. “Why is it that the app doesn’t allow people out of Seoul to download it? Why cats? Why—no, who are invited to play? It’s like an undercover gang, representing each member with a sly cat! Tamagachi’s!”

“I think it’s cute,” Hyemi shoots a smile, shuffling her hands into her lap. “Cats are cute.”

“Dogs are cute too, but why not a parakeet?” Sungyeol deepens his expression, jumping down and twirling around them, “Why, my dearest Myungie and Hyemi-mi—“

“Mi-mi?” she asks, but it doesn’t hinder the tallest.

*

“Hey Hoya-hyung, can I ask a question?”

*

“Why is it that the Nights app uses forums? It’s like a super secret chat list… Super duper secret chats that are only seen by members! It’s a hidden gang!”

“Yeah, but who are the members?” Myungsoo smugly grins. “You can’t differentiate unless you literally steal their phone, if they even have a smartphone—let alone the app, get past the passcode and log into the app that is password protected.”

“How do you know so much about this, Myungsoo?” Sungyeol grins stupidly, his eyes arching up and irises up there too and it’s completely ridiculous. “Are you, perhaps—le gasp! A member?!”

*

Him, Dongwoo and Woohyun look up from a game of cards. Dongwoo was winning on the counter of I-Tize. “Shoot.”

*

“No,” Myungsoo says simply, cutting in the last line a bit too quickly.

“Myungsoo’s too uptight about his own homework, how can he even post on a forum?” Hyemi scoffs, high fiving Sungyeol when he squee-ed in delight. Yes, Squee-ed.

“Hey!” Myungsoo frowned (pouted) and the two continued to laugh at him. “So,” he huffs when they calm down, “Who’s on the list?”

*

“What are the Nights?”

*

“Oh the usual,” Sungyeol said like it’s the most obvious in the world and he should be seeing it like how he farts. “Like Amber, Seungho, Wooyoung, Junho, Henry—“ Myungsoo asks about Henry but the is shushed by Hyemi, “Lee Joon—“

“Why say his last name—“

“Shhh!”

“Chansung, G.O”

“Sounds suspicious”

“SHH!”

*

“The Nights are a gang, kid,” Hoya sets his cards down, a full house. Woohyun folds and Dongwoo smirks, throwing down a royal straight flush. Hoya clicks his tongue and rummages his pocket for a 5. “They go around, like any other gang, but colorless. You never know who or what is in the Nights and that’s the dangerous part. Best to stay away, Myungsoo.”

“Oh Howonnie, you’re being the big brother character type.”

“Or the mythical fairy that shows the way to the protagonist.”

“Be quiet you two!”

*

“Kyuhyung and Yesung-nim!” Sungyeol finally finishes, listing perfectly from the paper in Myungsoo’s hands.

“Oh, some have lots of votes,” Hyemi points to Amber and Seungho, the top of the list. “Do you think they really are?”

“Dunno,” Myungsoo looked at the list carefully, “Wait, what’s this with Henry having one vote?”

“Ah, you noticed,” Sungyeol winked again and Myungsoo nearly punched him. “Of course, little Myung-myung—“

“Could you stop with the nicknames?” he shivers with the memory of the chat rooms.

“That single and most courageous—no, most charismatic vote is none other than from yours truly,” the giraffe tilts his chin up. “Impressed?”

“Hardly.”

*

“Why?” Woohyun tilts his head, “Do you want to get involved with them?”

“I-it’s not that!” Myungsoo clears quickly. “I’m just curious that’s all.”

Hoya looked at him seriously, “Curiosity killed the cat.”

*

“What makes you think it’s him?” Hyemi looks around, “Where is he? Can we ask?”

“He’s usually in the corner of the roof,” Sungyeol points to a student with their back towards them. “Some say he smokes.”

“S-smoking?!” Myungsoo bursts.

The other two laugh at him and he huffs again.

“So why’d you vote for him?” Myungsoo can’t control his interest when Hyemi kept pulling them towards to other student, completely in the idea of knowing. She kept muttering ‘curious curious!’ like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter