Chapter 4

Memory's Vestige Occurrence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

—Porter entered the chatroom —

[Porter: anyone online?]

—Mira entered the chatroom—

[Mira: here here Porter-chan!]

[Porter: the way you stalk the chat makes me concerned with what you do]

[Mira: awww Porter-chan don’t worry bout lil meh!]

[Mira: hmmm~]

[Porter : yeah, disterbing]

[Mira : hahaha i think u mean disturbing* Porter-chan]

 

His pocket buzzed and he flips out a phone.

[I’ve got a job for you, Transporter]

 

[Porter: Gotta go. Mira don’t linger on the chat too long. You’ll scare away L with your weird convos]

[Mira: aww so soon?]

[Mira: okay then but L-kun loves meh!]

[Mira: ♥♥♥]

[Porter: …]

—Porter left the chat room —

[Mira: awww Porter-chan is shy!]

[Mira: well]

[Mira: nothing for me to do here now]

[Mira: Bai bai~]

—Mira left the chat room—

*

Indulging in memories was his past time. They were favorable, they were warm, they were right. As he stood at the destination and stared at his phone, memories and regret piles into his head and he sighs. Heaving his chest and running a hand along the smooth frame of his bike.

Five minutes.

He remembers their warehouse. Some simple couches that people threw out and they picked up, stools, and a table in the middle. The table had to have a book under one of the legs as it was broken and massive duct tape layers plastered the underside. The graffiti he and the others designed out of boredom. The amount of junk along the walls, soda cans, and wrappers littering the palce.

Three minutes.

Their own little domain and protected the safe house as such. It was their home, they were family. Alongside his companions they shredded anyone who dared to even challenge them. Fun, that’s what it was. Using their fists and knuckles, punching back and forth. The rush. He was on top of it all. Winning.

One minute.

His family.

[You’re up]

His phone buzzed and took only a moment for him to see the message before throwing a leg over his bike and adjusting his helmet. Roaring the bike to life as he lifted the front wheel and skirted the pavement with black lines before shooting through the streets. Street lights passed as his stars. Row upon row of lights flying along his helmet, his shadows keeping him hidden.

No, his story didn’t matter.

More ringing and he flipped the phone to his ear, outside the helmet.

“It’s a fairly easy job. I’ll leave it in your hands, Transporter. You got that?”

He didn’t respond, clicking the phone away, speeding between cars and highways to get to his destination. The other liked to play and he was more than aware of so. He knew he could very well work with and for other people. Yet he always pays high and he didn’t want to be seen in society. Not now. It didn’t mind him either. Usually just picking up something and dropping it off with god who knows who.

His bike roared again and he curved into a rather old building, the entrance just beyond the flight of stairs that were cracked. The helmet still very well secured onto his head.

“I take it you’re the transporter?” another group clad with professionalism and suits greeted him as they stepped out of the building. “The informant informed us you’ll be bringing this to the other group.”

He did nothing more than a nod, because hell, he doesn’t need his voice. The men mumble and give him a duffle bag. “Careful.”

He nods again, securing the bag onto his back and started up his bike; wheeling out fast from the place. It was creepy and he hated it when people talked to him on the job. God, just mind your own business, I don’t need to get to know you.

The mind wanders when you’re alone. Memories again. Again of him.

His grip tightens on the handles and he steers a wide range away from all the cars, speeding away beyond the limits. Can’t skid, he’d fly off. Slowing down, he allowed himself to get back on route and towards the second destination. The outskirts of the city shows the river and the bridge, riding over it to let the wind howl beside his helmet and filter through his jacket. Icing his skin to freezing and he wondered if the other was warm.

The drop off was easy. Straight at the docks to the others in the boat. He got his payment from them, and sped across the city streets to the familiar office in Gangnam to receive his full payment.

“Hopefully it wasn’t too hard?”

He enters the office, holding out his hand without any other noise. The other nods, humming, “You know, I can always trust your services. Straight work, no pain. No talk.”

Placing a thick envelope into his hand, he made fast handwork to open and count the bills inside. Slipping it into his jacket once finished. He fishes his phone out, pressing with familiarity to one button and waits for it to load. “How’ve you been?”

After checking the forums, he snaps the phone back into his pocket. Turning around with brisk steps to walk away and back home even as the other male kept on talking, “How’s your boyfriend?”

His entire body stiffens at the doorknob, clenching his fists and grinding his feet to the ground. Willing not to kick the door and he was very certain his helmet was on. “Oh sorry, forgot. Is he out of the hospital now? Heard he started working. He’s graduating this year right? Will you be there?”

Kicking the door open, he didn’t give a anymore and stalked out. His shadow lingering until it fully slipped into the cracks and away from the flat. Skulking after him and the last the male inside heard was a roar and then silence of the normal cars gliding down the streets.

“He was quite a talker before,” the man mumbles, moving to his desk and picking up the black knight on the chess board. Putting it face to face with a white shogi piece. Cards lay to the side and the chess board was littered with other pieces from different board games, checkers, and bottle caps.  “I wonder if he’ll like my bonus.”

Snickering he plops down to large leather rolling chair, “So fun!”

*

Impossible.

“How’ve you been?”

No, that bastard.

“I hope well.”

He plays too far.

“Could you… could you please take off the helmet and talk to me?”

I can’t!

He stood stiffly, away from his little spot in the park. The fountain beside them continued to spray its waterfall down the rocks and into the pool. Carefully and sparkling, steadily,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter