Chapter 3

Confused.

Luhan attended his morning class and went to break as usual. Once he got to the cafeteria, he found Sehun standing by the door. He remembered that Yixing had told him Sehun was looking for him the day before so he approached the tall acquaintance with a smile. 


"Yo, wassup?" Sehun greeted.

"Nothing much. I heard you was looking for me yesterday?" Luhan remained still as they started the conversation.

Sehun thought for a moment before remembering. "Oh yeah. I was going to ask if you wanted to come to the arcade with me?" 
Luhan run the question through his head and before he could answer, an earwigging Baekhyun wrapped an arm around his shoulders from behind.
"Yo, that sounds super sweet! We could all go after classes?" Baekhyun blurted. 
Luhan nodded and Sehun agreed on it too. 
Baekhyun started to walk towards the usual table. "Let's ask the group then." 


Of course they all agreed.



Luhan and the rest of his friends all arrived at the arcade together. It was a Friday so various kids and teens were spread throughout. All immersed in their games, laughing with each other and some people were eating also. It wasn't long before Baekhyun and Chanyeol had split and gone to find the games that amused them most. Yixing and Min Young decided the first thing they wanted was some food and then to go to the cranes. So Luhan stayed with Jongdae, Sehun and Yuri. They started to explore to find something to play but Luhan was noticing how Sehun was always right behind him. Always looking at him and wanting to play whatever he was playing. He wouldn't have minded if Sehun wasn't so forward the day before but he chose to forget it and just enjoy this. Much like a fresh start and a fresh friendship. The two shared laughs over certain stuff and Sehun even managed to win a Stitch plush from the cranes. Luhan loved Stitch so Sehun gave it to him without hesitation. 


Jongdae watched the two from behind. Just silently glaring as they went around like they were on a date, well in his opinion anyway. Yuri noticed his negative expression and wondered why he looked so down when usually he was so cheery.


"Jongdae? What's up?" she asked in her sweetest voice, hoping to earn a confession from her friend.
"Don't you think those two are being too close? Sehun won't leave his side!" Jongdae whispered to her but the annoyance in his voice was as clear as day. 
Yuri looked to the pair and examined them for a while. They was chatting calmly to one another. It looked like they were ready to go and eat. "I suppose they are a little close but really they are just being friendly. Don't think too much of it, okay? If it gets too much, tell Luhan." she reassured and advised him. Leaving Jongdae feeling only a tiny bit better. They followed after the other two once they started moving. 


As the four approached the food area they noticed Yixing and Min Young seemed to have not moved from the area at all but Luhan knew they liked to have their catch up sessions sometimes. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were stuffing their faces with god knows what and cheering about how they reached a high level on a video game and beat some airheaded kid. 
Min Young noticed the others and waved them over. There wasn't room to sit so they stood awkwardly at the end of the table. Chanyeol looked up at them and beamed a grin. "So where to next? It's a Friday. This can't be it." he sounded so stubborn to Luhan. The friends looked around at each other, puzzled.


"My parents are away for the weekend if you guys want to come to my house?" Sehun suggested to them all.
"Nice one! Sounds good to me!" Chanyeol already got onto his feet, shoved his remaining food into his mouth, and started to head towards the exit.
Sehun looked at Luhan and put a hand onto his shoulder. "We'll eat at my place. I know you're feeling hungry..." he assured. Luhan had nothing to say so he only nodded. Jongdae took his Luhan's right hand and made his boyfriend smile down at the sudden affection. Sehun led them all to join Chanyeol and walked the quickest way home with everyone following. 


"Let's watch a movie? Can we?" Baekhyun sounded like a child and it made everyone laugh at him. He immediately sulked once he realised they was laughing and put his head down. Luhan loved his child-like personality and even admired Baekhyun for always being so up-beat. 
"Don't worry Baek, I'm sure we can." Luhan looked to Sehun who smiled, signaling a yes.



Once they had reached Sehun's fairly large house, they all gawked at the exterior AND interior. It looked like a mansion to most of them, who came from simple town houses. Sehun smirked, he loved looking smooth in front of people. He showed them to the living room confidently and soon brought in snacks as everyone decided where to sit. 


He looked around at the arrangements. On one sofa sat Chanyeol, Min Young, Yuri and Baekhyun was on the floor by Chanyeol's feet. Yixing was in a similar position to Baekhyun but he sat by an arm rest, leaning against it, already nearly falling asleep. Luhan sat in the middle of the other sofa with Jongdae on one side and BINGO, no one on the other. Sehun took this chance and planned he would squeeze in there once the movie was decided. He handed out some crisps and popcorn to everyone before opening the cabinet door underneath his flat screen TV. He revealed a library of movies. Action movies to rom-coms and anime. Horror to superheroes. They all looked baffled but soon agreed on Fast and Furious 7 because only Baekhyun and Chanyeol had seen it and they had no complaints watching it again. Sehun plonked the movie in the Blu-Ray player and sat in his ever-so-desired spot next to Luhan. Maybe a little closer than what was acceptable but he didn't care.


Luhan could feel Sehun pressing against his side. Every so often, Sehun would his own legs and get Luhan's with it. Once Luhan looked round, Sehun just mouthed an apology, acting as if it was all an accident. It happened several times throughout the movie but  Luhan decided to ignore it. It really could be an accident anyway. However, it didn't go unnoticed by a, now irritated, Jongdae. Yuri looked to him and also saw Sehun playing around. Both remained quiet, for now.


The movie ended and they all started talking about what they had just seen. Luhan didn't know what to say as he had never actually seen any of the other Fast and Furious movies. He would never admit that though, fearing humiliation and a fit of "How could you??" but still he nodded with whatever anyone was saying, trying to convince them. Suddenly Chanyeol cut through their conversations with a booming declaration.


"I'M NOT TIRED! What should we do now?" Everyone looked as clueless as they did in the arcade and his expression changed to a somewhat smug one. "How about we get some drinks in a crank this party up?" thinking he had suggested something godly, he continued to grin, earning him a light slap from Min Young. 


"One, wipe that grin from your face. Two, this is Sehun's house. You can't just suggest drinking!"

Sehun butted in before Chanyeol got a further telling off. "No no, I think that sounds like a good idea."

"Are you even old enough to drink?" Yuri added a snidey remark. She knew his age really but loved to taunt people sometimes.
"Psh, of course." Sehun got out of his seat and straightened down his shirt. "Lu, want to come to the shop with me to buy some drinks?" He looked down at the older male, hoping to get some alone time.
Luhan pondered the journey for a moment but just before he could reply, Jongdae interrupted. "Me and Luhan will come. You always need extra hands, right?" he was internally burning holes in the younger but still kept his sweet facade painted on over his face. 
Sehun turned sour right away but agreed nonetheless. "My laptop is in the other room, I'm trusting you to find some good music to put on. Just plug it into the speakers." He looked to Chanyeol, as he seemed the type to know his music.


The three then left the house and went to the nearest convenience store. Buying all of the alcohol they could be bothered to carry, they started to walk home. Luhan could feel the tension between his boyfriend and new friend. He knows the reason but he wanted nothing to start so remained silent. It was awkward and they were quiet nearly the whole walk. Luckily it wasn't too far and they got back to Sehun's place quickly.


Entering the living area once again, they was greeted by cheers from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Excited to get drinking. The two girls just sat talking, trying to hear each other over the obnoxious noise. Yixing still lay sleeping on the floor. He could really sleep through anything, Luhan thought. 


Sehun put the bags onto the coffee table. Pulling out enough beers for the guys and two sweeter drinks 'for the ladies' as he called it. 


"Pfft. What's this? You think I can't handle beer?" Min Young crossed her arms and refused the drink. "What do you think I am? Wait... where's the wine?" 
Yuri just giggled at her friend as she started to drink her own drink. She loved the sweet ones and didn't know what her best friend was thinking. 
"Oh, we didn't get any, sorry." Sehun was amused at her reaction. Still holding the drink for her to take. After a few seconds, she pouted her lips and snatched the drink, giving in.
"I guess this'll do then."


Reaching towards a small remote by the TV cabinet, Sehun turned the music Chanyeol had chosen up. It started thumping through the ground and they all (but Yixing) began chugging drinks. It wasn't long before their small party really got started. They was all talking, well shouting, at each other. Laughing, joking around and Yixing even joined a while after. Luhan noticed how Chanyeol and Min Young were getting closer. He assumed they were flirting or something. They sat on the sofa, Min Young being giggly and Chanyeol whispering things Luhan would rather not hear into her ear. It made him happy to see her getting along with a guy other than just a 'cute' type. Someone that actually fit her image and could look after her well. Deciding they should have privacy, he diverted his attention else where.

Sehun and Yixing were both dancing, not together, but kind of together. Laughing and suggesting funny moves to each other, it made Luhan chuckle. Jongdae and Baekhyun sung along to the songs they could while Yuri, who apparently comes out of her shell when she's drunk, rapped when needed. He just stood and observed them all. Drinking calmly and joining conversations when called.


An hour or so passed and Sehun had finally turned the music down. They all looked a bit flushed from the heat of the room. 
"Wait... where's Yeollie?" Baekhyun stopped dramatically and looked around. 
Yuri also eyed the room. "Min Young-ah?" she started to well up, looking for her missing friend like she was her puppy. 
"Well I think we all know what's happened here." Jongdae teased and they all chuckled but Baekhyun and Yuri. 
"They lefts us? For real??" Baekhyun huffed, now looking equally annoyed as the only remaining female. They both puffed their cheeks like kids. 
Yixing, still being somewhat straight headed, suggested he walk both Baekhyun and Yuri back to the dorms. They agreed with him and so they left almost immediately. 


"So, now it's just us." Sehun stated the obvious. The atmosphere between the three wasn't so awkward anymore. Mainly because they was completely intoxicated and were tired but hey, as long as it wasn't tense, Luhan concluded. The three drunk some more. Jongdae was questioning Sehun as he didn't actually know anything about him yet. After that session, Sehun offered they stay the night. Feeling too light headed to deny, they agreed. 
Before sleeping, Jongdae decided on washing his face and using the bathroom. Many of the guests had used it through the night, including him, so he knew where to go. 


Sehun sat on the sofa, next to an already sleepy Luhan and moved ever so close again. "You know, you can always sleep in my bed if you like? I don't mind sharing with a prince like you." he whispered smoothly into Luhan's ear. 
Luhan's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "N-no thank you. I... don't feel like that towards you Sehunnie... and Jongdae is my boyfri-" he starting rambling on in his drunk frenzy before Sehun put a finger to his lips and hushed him. 
"It's fine. I was just kidding anyway." Sehun left the room and returned with blankets for the couple to sleep with. They both climbed onto the separate sofas and already began to pass out as Sehun lay the soft quilts onto them. He couldn't believe these two were dating. They hardly spoke all night, hadn't kissed once and now they were sleeping apart... no cuddles? He scoffed to himself as he believed he could do a better job with Luhan than Jongdae, but he forgot about that and shut the light off to the room as he left to go to his own. He could get used to these friends.


A/N: Yes hello... it's been a year. O__O I totally lost motivation for this story but now it's back and I've actually planned the whole thing out. I can't wait to write more chapters and I hope you liked this one! The next chapter will me HunHan focused so I hope you look forward to it! After that Jongdae will be more of a contender too. ;) Thank you for reading!