Chapter 1

Confused.

A/N: I'm really bad at starting stories... so I'm just going to jump right in. -nervous.-


Luhan lived a normal life. It was relatively plain but he enjoyed the simplicity. He had some really good friends and we wasn't doing too bad at his coursework. The only problems he ever really faced were quarrels between his friends and the occasional one with his boyfriend, Jongdae. Ah, no, that isn't right. Actually... Jongdae was a growing problem now. 
The two had been dating for just over a year now. They was introduced to each other by their friends Min Young and Baekhyun and clicked almost right away. Luhan lusted after Jongdae and soon after, Jongdae felt the same. They seemed like the perfect pair, really. Luhan the kind yet slightly reserved one and Jongdae the happy prankster. Months into the relationship is when it started to go sour, in Luhan's opinion.

 

"Luhan! Let's get lunch. Come on, come on! I'm starving!" Yixing, one of his closest friends, whined at him after meeting Luhan outside of his classroom. The corridor was starting to fill up as students from all areas of the university poured out of the lecture halls and rushed to various places. "They are going to sell out of my favourite cakeeeees!"

"Do you really have to be so whiney at this moment? I just finished a test and this is what I have to deal with. Lord have mercy on your soul, Yixing." Luhan only glared at the now confused looking male as the other held his wounded heart. "Just kidding." Poking out his tongue, Luhan slapped him on his shoulder playfully before pulling his phone from his jacket pocket. 

'Messages (0)'

Of course Luhan knew he wouldn't recieve a "Good Luck!" "Try your best!" "Luhan Fighting!" or anything along those lines from his lover. He just got his hopes up again. He does this a lot and it always leaves him so disappointed and feeling hurt by it. Not that he would ever mention this to Jongdae. He didn't want to be that needy boyfriend. Sighing, he shoved his phone back into his pocket. 

"Are you going to let the cakes be eaten by everyone else? Are you punishing me?"

"You're so persistent today! Come on." Luhan snapped at his friend playfully, although he was sure some of his disappointment turned into rage and he just directed it at Yixing by accident. The latter was oblivious. Thinking he was just joking like a moment ago. Grabbing a hold of Yixing's arm, Luhan dragged him towards the cafeteria. 

"Yummy yummy." Happy mutters escaped Yixing's mouth as they quickly dodged through all of the other rushing students.

 

Once they reached the cafeteria, and Yixing had gotten his precious cake, they joined their other friends at the usual table. Placed conviniently near a window, but also by a heater. It was perfect both the summer and winter.
Luhan sat next to Jongdae. Naturally Jongdae was in his hyperactive mood, joking with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and basically ignoring Luhan's existance. Apart from the small peck on the cheek the two shared when the greeted each other.

Around the table were all of Luhan's friends, but one. 
Jongdae always sat next to Luhan. He was a fun-loving, but stubborn, guy and everyone knew it. He liked to joke and rarely sat still. The only time he'd get totally serious is if he deemed something unreasonable or he was singing. He loved singing and Luhan believed he had the voice of an angel. Everytime he sang, Luhan fell a little more in love with him. Across from Luhan and Jongdae sat Baekhyun and Chanyeol.
Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat next to each other everytime they were here. They were basically inseprable and one could even go as far to say they was two sides of the same coin. They had individual charms, of course, but you couldn't find one without the other. Next to Chanyeol sat Yuri. She was very cute, puffy cheeks and large eyes, only she was rather shy and quiet. She didn't speak up much but they all knew when she was okay and when she wasn't. Her expressions were extremely honest, but today she was smiling and occasionally laughing at the other boys' actions and statements. This made Luhan happy. He loved seeing his friends have a good time and he himself was also laughing too. 
Yixing sat at the head of the rectangular table. Mainly because he wasn't always up for talking and liked to put his earphones in for a while during lunch to calm himself. He was one of those people that needed to do what he needed do. If he didn't listen to his music when he wanted, he'd be stressed for his next class. If he didn't get the cake he wanted, he would be moody for his next class. That kind of thing. And his education was actually quite important to him, despite his laid back attitude most of the time. 
Luhan was the particularly close to Yixing, in terms of friendship. The two had transferred from China together, after all. They had been friends for roughly 7 years now, and still going strong. Luhan liked to have the comfort of someone like Yixing around.

The lively atmosphere was really fun on this day, Luhan thought to himself. By now they was all playing a light-hearted game of truth or dare. 
"Dare!" a hearty laugh escaped Chanyeol's lips as he was still recovering from Yixing's 'truth' a moment ago. 

"A dare, hm? Oh you are very brave right now, Chanyeollie!" Jongdae clicked his tongue as he started to look at his surroundings, thinking of something to make the other do. Suddenly his face lit up and he snapped his head back to the group. "I dare you to snort up some tomato ketchup."

They all burst into laughter as Chanyeol's face went from a cheeky grin to that of disgust in 0.2 seconds. "Are you joking right now?"

"Not at all my friend, I'll get the goods for ya!" Jongdae shot up and quickly went to fetch one of the small sachets from the cabinet at the front of the hall. Determination in his strides.

"One of you has to help me here! Even the smell of that stuff makes me nauseas!!" 

"You'll certainly be smelling it alright." Baekhyun harrased his horrified friend, earning even more laughter from the others.

Luhan didn't really want to see his friend do something like this, but heck, he sure as hell wasn't going to volunteer in his place. "Come on, Yeollie. In this situation... you just have to be brave like a wolf, right?" Again, the others started to laugh, Yixing even added a taunting howl. The whole 'wolf' joke was a private thing between them after they had found a secret song that Chanyeol was writing once. Flushing red, Chanyeol only shook his head. Really? Jokes at his expense right now were not helping.

After Jongdae was gone for a little, and they had all finished picking on their friend, Luhan became curious and pushed himself a little higher to look above people's heads. Looking like some sort of meerkat, he spotted his lover and smiled. He was by the entrance talking to the one absent member of the group, Min Young. It seemed she had brought someone along with her today. 
Luhan wasn't surprised. Min Young was an extremely bright and chatty girl. She made friends left, right and center. It was actually her who got talking to Luhan and Yixing on their first day. Her who weaned them into the whole university scene. She was a few years older than everyone else and had been at the university longer, naturally. 
Oh? Maybe the kid she was with was new? Luhan had never seen him before so it was a logical explanation. Although he was tall, he couldn't have been the same age as her.

Slowly, the three moved over to the table, still talking amongst each other. 
"Hey everyone!" Min Young immediately took the focus from Chanyeol and onto her. She looked excited. "This is my new friend! He just joined today. He's so handsome, right?" Earning a blank stare from the other boys, she looked to Yuri, who was nodding very positively. "You see? This is why Yuri is better than you punks! She understands style!" 

Yuri giggled. The stranger blushed lightly. Not from the compliment, more from being exposed like that to a potential new group of friends. 

"My name is Oh Sehun, nice to meet you all." he bowed politely and flashed a kind smile while scanning over each of their faces.

"You know, Sehun is 4 years younger than me! Isn't that so cute? I love it!" clearly Min Young was proud of her new eye candy and this was making Luhan pout inwardly. He didn't fancy Min Young or anything like that, it's just usually she would greet him first, fuss over his clothes or hair. Call him cute. He did not want to start losing to this new 'Sehun' kid. 

Feeling slightly threatened in this situation, he got out of his seat and greeted Sehun with a handshake. He made sure to smile the most sickly sweet smile. Min Young always loved Luhan's child-like grin. It felt a bit mean that he was actually being kind to get noticed but oh well. Sehun wouldn't know and so he also earns a good first impression. No harm in that, right?

"Kya! Are you trying to kill me, Lu?" she quickly wrapped her arms around Luhan once he had retracted his hand from Sehun's. 

Heh. Nailed it.

After the small talk they all shared, Jongdae dragged Luhan back to his seat and quickly wrapped his arm around him. He had always been a little wary of the older woman. Min Young pulled up a chair on the corner of the table for Sehun. It was between her own and Jongdae's. She sat opposite Yixing, at the foot of the table. "I've already filled Sehun in with the group gossip." 

"Group gossip?" Yixing furrowed his brow.

"Yeah! You know... How Luhan and Jongdae are NO.1 of the super gays, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are runners up. You're just... Yixing and Yuri is the my cute baby!"

"SUPER GAYS?!" Luhan, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Baekhyun all hissed at at accusation. 
"Just Yixing? WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Yixing snapped but only to be ignored and Min Young only laughed at all of their reactions.

"HAHAHA! Funny one that. Yeah..." Chanyeol sarcastically laughed at her. "We are not lovers." His tone turned a little more serious.

Seeing that Chanyeol actually looked somewhat hurt by her statement, she turned to Sehun and re-told him the truth. "Chanyeol and Baekhyun are only best buddies. They aren't really dating. But those two are."

Sehun only nodded. He really didn't really care much about the private lives of others. He could clearly see what was going on by Luhan and Jongdae's chemistry and body language. It actually made him a little jealous, though. Luhan was really pretty and kind, Jongdae was lucky to have landed himself a prince like him. 

"Sorry to in here, but I think that lunch is over." barely loud enough for them all to hear her, Yuri spoke softly. Pointing at the rest of the people around them moving to their next lessons. 

"Such a shame. Chanyeol didn't even snort that tomato ketchup yet." Yixing pressed on the matter. He wanted to see the show after all. 

"YAH! That's right! You didn't!" Jongdae suddenly stood up, he had forgotten about the game and starting waving his arms like a mad man.

Before he was made to do anything he didn't want to, Chanyeol jumped up, moved round to Sehun swiftly and wrapped an arm around him. "You saved my today man. I owe you!" he quickly took off after grabbing his backpack and left Jongdae standing there with a defeated expression. 
"HEY! We have class together!" Baekhyun soon picked up his bag also and run after the sprinting male. 

"Those two... really." Luhan laughed to himself as he stood up. Swinging the strap on his back over his shoulder he smiled. "Will you walk me to class, Jongdae? Yixing is in the P block and-"

"No, sorry. I'm going to go to the Library with Yuri. I'll catch you later, Lu." He cut Luhan off coldly before placing a small peck on the smallers cheek, he and Yuri soon walked away.

Luhan looked to the floor. 'Yeah, it's cool. I didn't want alone time with you, anyway.' he thought to himself mockingly. 

"I'll be going to the P block with Yixing. Sehun-ah, will you get to your class okay? I want you to be safe." Min Young put on her mothering tone as she fussed Sehun's hair.

He nodded. "I'll be fine, thank you." flashing a warm smile, Min Young returned the nod and stood to walk with Yixing.
"Let's go!" She linked her arm with his and soon it was just Sehun and Luhan left together. 

"I'll be taking my leave, then. Nice to meet you Sehu-"

"I'll walk with you!" Sehun suddenly blurted out to Luhan. Who was already starting to walk away. 

"Huh?" Luhan's stopped in his tracks. His large brown eyes widened, surprised at the youngers offer. "Oh... if it's on the way to your class, then sure!" He smiled friendly. At least he wouldn't have to walk alone. Which he hated. 

"Should we go then, cutie?" Sehun had a playful smile on his face as he winked to the unsuspecting male.


 

A/N: This came out so much longer than I expected. O__O

I'm sorry it hasn't really been a productive first chapter, but I wanted to put a base on the plot! 
Luhan and Sehun's full personalities haven't really shown yet, but that will come in the future. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and please comment! It would really help me out! :D

I might even start writing the second chapter now! I have my thinking cap on! HAHAHA! :P