II.

My Petite Peach Blossom

"How dare-"

 

"I can't resist your beautiful face and your lips!! Also, you don't need to think about the rumor anymore! " he cut me, his voice is happy and.his face is smiling while looking at me.

 

"You only make everything worse! " I shouted at him irritated

 

"Only if you'll tell everyone" again he smile. How does he handle everything like this calmly? This guy is really crazy.

 

"Stop! don't show yourself to me anymore or I'll kill you! " I warned him.

 

"Woa Hanna, you're scaring me. Let's be friends! "

 

"shut up.leave me alone. "

 

Later, Chanyeol left as he was dragged by three girls while they saw us walking along the back of the school. I decided to take a walk towards the washroom and wash my face on the sink also trying to wash out the memory of Chanyeol kissing me. That idiot.

As I made my steps outside, I heard some male students bickering. My footsteps came into a halt once I heard my name. They're talking about me! I quickly hide myself in a wall to peek. There I look the guys in bench. I found out they were my classmates Baekhyun,Chen, and Kai.

 

"I can't believe she can do that! " Chen said

 

"Yeah right. As you look at her she's a totally poor innocent but surprisingly behind that, there's the hidden we don't know! She definitely beat my girls,hilarious! " Kai chuckled.

 

"you guys stop those s" I heard a guy in the corner right. I extended my neck to check who it was and now I'm shock to see Sehun sitting in the ground with his bag on his lap. Oh yes I forgot, those three were his friends.

 

"I know Hanna is not that kind of girl.She will not do those things. Why do you easily believe words without assurance? surely those are just rumors so don't waste your time talking and judging people so sudden." I blushed as I heard him said that. My crush, Sehun, is defending me! I feel like I have wings and about to fly. I woke up to my seconds of imagination and then I see the three guys forming an "O" at their mouths as if not believing it was Sehun who are talking to them. Well yes, I can't imagine the very silent person Sehun will talk seriously about a girl whom he doesn't have any interest with.

 

"Sehunna, it's not your girlfriend we're talking about so what's with that reaction bro? " Baekhyun asked him. He just stayed silent.

 

I don't think I have to hear these things anymore. I may be glad that Sehun defended me from his friends criticisms over me–it really hits me cause I know I'm not perfect but I am not that kind of person,the person they perceive as me. And I know even Sehun told them that,it will not change the fact that he hates girls like me. It all really makes me sad that even when I return to our classroom, I look like totally messed up and idiot staring in a space without blinking while our professor is giving a lecture.I didn't even see what he was wearing all I know is that after an hour of being blank, I found myself grabbing all my things,stand up going towards the door of the room as the bell rang indicating that the class is over. I made my way down the stairs, the corridor, and along the long shed outside within the campus. I heard someone calling my name from behind. I continue to walk.

 

"Hey Hanna wait!" I know it's Chanyeol so I increase my pace and he's trying to catch me in my walk.

 

"I told you not to show up!why are you here?" I make it sound obvious that i'm irritated by his presence.

 

"I just suddenly see you walking alone and you look so sad that's why i'm here to comfort you darling. Here,let me.." he gestured his self as if he's going to cuddle me with his arms wide open ready to lean on me. I quickly avoid myself and push his arms.

 

"Don't ever think that you will get me again. I'm aware of everything now."

 

"Come on Hanna! I'm here and no one will see us. Look" he's looking around telling that we, two are alone.

 

"Stop it Chanyeol,i'm not in a mood to joke around." I'm really tired of thinking what was happening to me and all the words I hear from different mouths around the school.

 

"That's why i'm here for you. You can tell me what's your problem."

 

"No. I don't have to trust anybody."

 

"why not? Of course you can trust me."

 

"I can't. Don't you see what happened? Even the person I treated as friend is doing something on my back." I'm really upset to Minah. She's the only one who hangs around with me but she will do these things.

 

"Do you think I'm like Minah? Hanna, every people are different. If you can't trust her,I'll assure you, you can trust me. Now tell me." I stop my feet and look at him, I really want to cry right now because I can't handle these things alone. But showing it to him makes me think that I am weak. So I hold my tears and started to talk to him.

 

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea.talking with a crazy chick boy right now and confessing all what I feel." He just stayed in his position,standing in front of me and ready to listen on whatever I'll tell him.

 

"So....I'm just..uhm.. " I look down lack of words to start to. I felt chanyeol's hands brushing my hair like a child. I look up at him and I see him smiling. Right now I realize how tall he was as he was near me. And I think he's a bit taller than Sehun. Wow!

 

"How tall are you?" That's the only thing I suddenly felt to ask him. He grin. This guy really likes to smile.

 

"Not sure exactly but I'm more than 6ft..what's with the sudden question? You always surprise me.tell me if you need my hug, I can do it for you." He chuckled.

 

"Pabo! I just realize how giant you are. I feel even smaller with you now." I said it and take a little step back ward so my neck doesn't hurt to much while looking up at him.

Maybe he got my move so he offered to take a sit on the bench but I refused.

 

"So what really makes you sad?" he turns back to the topic. I remember that's the reason why we're here together.

 

"Oh nothing, forget it. I'm okay now." I want to forget all of this. But how?

 

"No Hanna tell me.you cannot escape from this. Is it still about your issues? " I just nod.

 

"People started to think that I'm a . Plus knowing that Minah, the only one I talk to, the only person who I think cares about me was just stabbing at my back. I don't know who else will believe me." My eyes are about to cry but still,I hold it. I can't take a look at Chanyeol's face at the moment.

 

"Me." I know that he's looking at me right now. "I believe you." I was startled by his words. Is this really Channel who are talking to me right now? I don't know how to respond so I just continue..

 

"And a while ago I heard some guys talking about me. but then Sehun ...he defended me from his friends."

 

"You like him right?"he ask and I pretend not to hear it maybe he can change the subject. so I say "what?" but he asked me again,"Sehun.you like him right?" I'm trapped! he's eager to know if I like Sehun. This is the thing I really don't want anyone to know. But reminding me that I can trust Chanyeol, I told him.

 

"Yes. How did you -"

 

"I just know it. No one said it to me but the way you look as you mentioned his name made me found out."

 

"I admire him since junior high school." I spill it all out.

 

"I was really glad knowing that he's my classmate when I came in this school. He's very silent person but he looks cool, he's intelligent,he's good at many things. " I'm ashame to tell this to a guy but I my conscience needs someone to talk to about this.

 

"Why don't you tell him?" He asked as I turn silent for a while.

 

"One time I heard some girls talking in the room and I found out that Sehun doesn't like girls who aren't tall. Since then,I lose all my hopes. "

 

"Hmm..I don't think small girls aren't cool.I actually love them. I like you Hanna!" He jokes and put his arms on my neck and again wanting to hug me, but I pushed him.

 

"But I don't want to just throw my feelings in the trash. But at the same time I don't have the guts to tell him. I don't like to push myself to him and I'm afraid to be rejected."

 

"But as long as you don't tell him, you'll never know Hanna."

 

Again, I'm lost for words. "Thank you Chanyeol. " I smile at him.

 

"There. You smile. I like it. Pls always wear that smile." I make a sad face to .

 

"Oh why? you know, if I need to look like a clown, I'll do it. Just smile." He started to dance like an idiot in front of me. He looks akward because imagine a very tall guy singing and dancing worse than a clown do. I laugh while watching him. I almost cry and hold my stomach to stop laughing.

 

"Stop your goofing around Chanyeol. " he stop. "but thank you. You really helped."

 

"Sure. If you need help, I'm always here." again, I smile knowing that's what he likes which I think enough to thank him.

 

Later,we bid goodbyes as some girls saw him again asking to go out after school. He first offered me to come with them but I refuse and said that I need some time alone.

 

While walking, I check my phone for some texts. There's nothing important aside from some reminders from my Mom telling that she will be home late tonight. I decided to listen for some music in my phone as I grab the earphones from my bag and put then into my ears. I'm humming along the music and as I continue I was startled to see Sehun standing few steps in front of me. He looks like waiting for something and he's looking at me. Wait, is he waiting for me?

 

"Hi." he talked. Oh my gosh! I panicked inside my mind and check my back to assure he's talking to me. I turn my eyes to look at him pointing myself and removing one of the earphones in my ears to ask if he's talking to me. He nod.

 

"Uhm...hi"

Is this real?Sehun talking to me? I feel like going crazy,consciously thinking on how I look like right now as I face him. He stayed silent so I awkwardly walk, passing him.The earphone from my left ear is still hanging.maybe he's waiting for someone.

 

"Hanna." he called my name from behind. My heart starts to beat so fast as I hear a sweet song playing in my ears. I face my back to see him again.

 

"Hm?" I ask trying to look okay.

 

"Uhm...I heard what you said to Chanyeol a while ago." My brain is in total chaos at the moment. WHAT?? I recall my conversation with Chanyeol. And if im not mistaken, I told chanyeol all my feelings for Sehun.

 

"Uh....uhm...wh..what?" Crap! I'm stuttering,this is so embarassing. I want to dig a hole and hide myself in there as in right now!

 

"I heard everything. You telling him that you... you like me." He's also a bit lost of words.I want to pass out. I can't talk and can't find any words to say.

 

"You know, what you think are all wrong." he said. I look at him,I raise a brow to ask what he's talking about.

 

"It's not true that I hate small girls. I don't think where that idea came from but I swear I never say that I hate small girls." Oh! he openn up to me! I keep my feet from the ground,standing still and silent. How would I respond to that?it's not a question.

 

"Hanna..." he's now staring at me. His eyes look so sincere his face is so calm. He looks perfect and saying my name makes it the best.

 

"actually I..."

Sehun what? There are many voice asking "what is it?" on my brain but nothing comes to my mouth to ask him.

 

"Hanna I like you."

 

I feel my heart beats even more faster right now. I find it hard to breath. Am I dreaming? Is this true? Maybe everything is just a result of my hallucinations, maybe Sehun is not really talking to me right now. I blink my eyes and as I open it,he's still there. What magic just happened on earth? Does the angels are giving away wishes? Sehun! My crush Oh Sehun just confessed to me that he likes me.

 

"Hanna?" All the questions from my brain immediately faded away as he caught my attention. I look at him, still he's staring at me. how great that I think I'm going to melt already. I can't really say any word.

 

"I just can't take it anymore ,to see you hurt. So I think this is the best thing to do. I want to protect you from anyone who say bad things about you. I want to let them know that you are not what they think, that you're a very kind girl." I process all the sweet and caring words he's telling me and i'm having butterflies on my stomach at the moment.

 

He walks closer to me and wraps his arms around my body giving me a warm hug. I feel so secure in his arms. I want to stop the time because if everything is just an imaginaction, he might just disappear anytime. He stare at me after,he's holding me in my arms. I feel like a human ice cream who's about to melt. I'm just looking uo at him, he's very tall as Chanyeol. But the most important is that I'm with the person I like.. and the person I love.

 

After the sweet moments we have which I thought will never end, we talked all about my situation. Also, the thing about Minah.

 

It seems so fast but yes, we began dating.

 

Our first two weeks of relationship goes very well so far. I have Sehun beside me all the time so no doubt that everyone knows about us.But still I feel uneasy on people around when I'm alone.they don't act normally when I see them. I know they're talking something behind.

 

Later I found out that people are saying that after flirting Chanyeol, now I hook up with Sehun. They're telling me that I'm a play girl.

So one day during lunch break I talk to Sehun.

 

"I want to keep our relationship as a secret." I say, because I know Minah was the person behind the gossips.

 

"Why?Are you ashame of telling everyone that- "

 

"No Sehun.,of course it's not because of that. I just want to make sure that this relationship is safe.I mean,there's Minah. I know she's jealous and she doesn't want me to be happy. Let's just wait for the right moment."

 

and with that, he agreed to keep our relationship as a secret.I know this is crazy but I don't have a choice. I need to secure everything that's how I really cherish being with Sehun. I don't want to lose him.