This World Which I Now Call Home

Mikoto

I awake in a forest. As soon as my eyes open up, a curious black rabbit is sniffing my nose, trying to decipher whether I'm alive or dead. I grumble as my body strains to get up. I shake my head and leaves fall out of my hair and onto the forest floor. "Ayanami," I call out for her, my throat dry and parched as the land to the west. I clear my throat and swallow some saliva to try to lubricate my tongue. I call out louder, yet I'm still met with the sound of the forest and no other human voice except for my own. 

I look down at my chest. It's still my body, still my clothes, yet my hair has been dyed to a light green, almost like the mint tea that Ayanami used to serve me when I had nightmares or was stressing about the fate of the land. My head throbbed as I tried to search for answers about where I was. "My name is...?" That's odd. For the life of me, I can't figure out what my name is. I can remember all of the things about Ayanami and the rest of my court, and the villagers, yet I can't seem to remember what they called me--not even a nickname.

I struggled to get up, the weight of my own body seemed to work against me, but I managed. I followed a path until I came across a small hunter's cabin. I knocked against the door, "Is anyone in here?" I heard a light thumping noise that got louder as it came closer. The door opened and I was met by a young man in a black gingham shirt. HIs hair was cut short, fully exposing his ears and forehead. With a broad jawline and ripped muscles barely concealed by the arms on his black shirt, straining to hold themselves together against the buldge of his arm.

"Can I help you?" He spoke in a deep voice, hidden with a subtle undertone of annoyance.

I stumbled to catch my voice again, "I-I need help getting out of the forest..." My voice still croaked and I tried my best to try and hide it, but the man still caught on to how parched my throat was. "Can you please help me? I'm a doctor with the Shinganuma Temple."

"How did you find your way into the forest in the first place?" He asked.

"I can't remember." I strained my head to try and find fragemetns ofmy memory from beofre I came here. The fire. The man. The cold ice trailing along my throat. It all seemed so surreal. How did I get here again? I know for a fact that this isn't my real hair color, so why do I have it?

I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. sOMETUIMES MY CHAPTER MIGHT BE SUPER LONG, AND OTHER TIMES THEY MIGHT BE SUPER SHORT... THAT'S JUST THE WAY MY INSPIRATION HITS ME i GUESS?(≧∇≦)/