Out of Sorts

I'm Not a Bad Person

Today was the day. The bus ride was super long, and Ken really wasn't kidding when he said it was going to be snowy and cold. It was obvious some people didn't check the weather and Mari chuckled lightly at some of the freezing girls. No wonder the school employees weren't hounding them about their shorter clothing. This cold is punishment enough. "They had to choose now of all time to visit these mountains? It's the coldest it's been yet." One complained.
"We just ran out of time, be happy we even get to have a trip. Last years students didn't." A girl dressed warmer retorted. 

Because of how early they left, even after checking into the hotel and dropping off all of the luggage, it was only 1 in the afternoon. It warmed up a bit and it was agreed to all go hiking. So all of the students crunched their way through the snowy mountains. 
 

Leo, Ravi, N, Ken, Hongbin, and Hyuk formed a group and asked Mari to join. N wanted to bring along his girlfriend but that idea got shut down by Hyuk and Leo who seem to find her annoying. 
Leo seemed a little strange. It was as if he was watching everyone a little closer. There was sort of a protection vibe coming from him. 
 

The woods finally cleared and the sky surrounded them. The air was lovely and although still a little cold it was peaceful. Mari carefully peered over the edge of the rather tall mountain they stood on. "We sure climbed up high.." She said taking a cold breath in. The boys continued on, saying something about some dumb student climbing up a tree and not knowing how to get down. 

Mari slowly felt herself drifting away from the group. Suddenly or it could have been her imagination, but it sounded like someone was calling out her name in a hushed voice. Looking over, her eyes caught something twinkling in the snow by a patch of poor frozen flowers. She glanced worriedly at the boys but they were laughing and pointing at a tree. 
She made her way over to the flowers and nestled in them was a rusty, frozen over key. Mari scrunched her eyebrows, perplexed. "A key of all things..." She muttered to herself. 
 Leo turned and gasped loudly. "Mari..that cliff!" Ken broke into a dead sprint towards the wide eyed girl.  
Mari remained in a croutching position, clasping the key as the ground managed to gave way. She didn't even realize just how close she actually was to the cliff. Her fall was cut short as Ken managed to grasp her arm. Looking up at a panicked Ken, Mari's vision began to blur as snow began to fall once more. 

"Guys!! Help!" Mari recalled that Ken had injured his arm the other day playing basket ball with the guys. She felt herself slipping and as she reached with her other hand his grip was lost and she fell.