Chapter 2 - EXO Cafe

Life As An Animator

EXO Cafe

 

 

Yi Fan's POV

 

It's been 2 days since I came to Seoul now. Right now, I am living in an apartment on my own and I guess everything isn't going as planned. It's been twice since I applied for a job in SM Anime company but they always decline my application.. It's frustrating but I'm not gonna give up!

 

Other than that, I've not spoke to Ga Heun ever since I made friends with her, she's been in my head ever since and I don't even know why! I have texted her yesterday morning but I think she's busy because she is an assistant in some Anime company… Or, she forgot about me..

 

Ding!

 

I checked my phone and speaking of the devil.. she's not even a devil.. far from a devil.. oh god! Wu Yi Fan, what are you blabbing about?!

 

To: Yi Fan

From: Ga Heun

 

Hey, Yi Fan! Sorry, I couldn't reply to your text yesterday.. Was kinda busy >< Do you want to go for a coffee..? I'm kinda stressed with work and I could use a pair of ears to hear me out..  But if you're busy then it's okay.. I'll understand! :)

 

NO! I'm free!

 

To: Ga Heun

From: Yi Fan

 

Hi Ga Heun! It's ok, I totally understand! :) and actually, I'm kinda stressed too so yeah, a coffee can calm me down haha :P I'm at Seoul, where abouts are you?

 

Sent! Wait…. God damn it! I shouldn't ask her where she is.. I sound creepy!

 

To: Yi Fan

From: Ga Heun

 

Oh great! We can both hear each other out hehe :P I'm actually in Seoul too.. Do you know where EXO Cafe is? We can meet there in an hour?

 

EXO Cafe…? it sounds familiar… oh! I went past it yesterday!

 

After I texted her that it's fine with me, I quickly hopped in the shower and filled out another job application for SM Anime company…

 

While on the way to EXO Cafe, I went past SM Anime company, I dropped off my application and well, wish me luck…

 

I arrived at EXO Cafe 10 minutes early, I took a seat near the window and the waiter came up to me.

 

"How can I help you sir?" The waiter said.

 

"Erm.." I Should wait for her then order…

 

"Can I order later? I'm actually waiting for someone.. I'll order when she arrives, thank you" I told the waiter.

 

The waiter smiled and walked away.

 

After 5 minutes, The cafe door opened to reveal a girl wearing skinny jeans and a long t shirt, she was wearing sunglasses…. she looked beautiful even though she's wearing casual.

 

She walked towards my direction.

 

"Hey Yi Fan" She took her sunglasses off, revealing her identity and Oh My God! It's Ga Heun! S-she looks beautiful!

 

END OF POV

 

 

Ga Heun's POV

 

I saw him through my sunglasses and he looks… how do I explain this… white v neck t-shirt and stylish jeans… He looks Ho- Ah! Cut it out Ga Heun..

 

I made my way to him. I guess he doesn't recognise me because I have my sunglasses on and comparing to last time when I met him, I was wearing a long jacket covering my clothes.

 

"Hey Yi Fan!" I smiled at him as I took my glasses off. I waited for his reply but I hear nothing.. I looked at him and he was just staring at me.. I couldn't read his face.. It's unreadable.

 

I waved my hand across his face and called his name a couple of times.

 

"Earth to Yi Fan!" Surprisingly, that worked.

 

"Huh.. Oh.. Sorry Ga Heun.." He said while rubbing his neck, embarrassed.

 

END OF POV

 

 

Yi Fan's POV

 

It felt like I was under a spell the moment I saw her.. it was strange. Then I was brought back to the real world.

 

"Earth to Yi Fan!" She joked.

 

"Huh.. Oh.. Sorry Ga Heun.." I felt so embarrassed and I hope she didn't see me staring at her… oh god!

 

Just when she wanted to speak, the waiter from like 5 minutes ago interrupted.

 

"Can I get your order now sir?" He smiled at me.

 

"Haha, well seen as though she's here.. yeah" I laughed.

 

I looked at Ga Heun but she had a confused look on her face, she's probably trying to make out my conversation with the waiter.

 

"What do you want?" I smiled at her.

 

"Erm…" She bit her lip while studying the menu.

 

"I'll have a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallow please" She smiled as if she's proud of herself.

 

I chuckled at her childishness.

 

"I'll have the same, thank you" I smiled at the waiter which he did the same and he left us.

 

It was quite awkward because it suddenly went quite. 

 

"Well.. I'm all ears.." I said, deciding to break the awkwardness.

 

"Ahah… I actually forgot the reason why I invited you to coffee…" She stuck her tongue out a little and scratched her neck.

 

"But anyway, did you ever feel frustrated when watching an anime that has no meaning at all?" She sighed.

 

I know it wasn't a question so I stayed quiet.

 

She continued. 

 

"It's so frustrating because I -- I mean, my teacher wrote this meaningless storyboard… it has nothing at all, no feelings, nothing… and because I'm a huge-" She stopped when our drinks were being put on our table.

 

We both said our thanks to the waiter.

 

She carried on. 

 

"Where was I?" She mumbled.

 

"Ah! yeah, anyway, because i'm a huge anime maniac, it's frustrating…" She seems really unhappy.

 

"Then, can you perhaps give your teacher your opinion, like your ideas?"

 

I don't know why, but when she heard that, I can see her tense a little.

 

"No… I'm just an assistant.. I can't give ideas.." She said weakly.

 

"But anyway, thanks for hearing me out Yi Fan.. I feel much better now!" She smiled again.

 

She took a sip of her hot chocolate before speaking again.

 

END OF POV

 

 

Ga Heun's POV

 

Ah.. I feel so guilty all of a sudden… it's the second time, Yoo Ga Heun, urgh!

 

"But anyway, thanks for hearing me out Yi Fan… I feel much better now!" I smiled at him, trying to change the topic.

 

"So.. What about you? Why are you stressed?" I asked him after I took a sip of the hot chocolate.

 

"ah… well… I'm stressed and frustrated!" he said before drinking his hot chocolate.

 

"Job?" I asked.

 

He looked a little shocked but he carried on.

 

"Yeah.. I've applied for a job two times now and they keep rejecting me.. All I want to do is follow my dreams.. But I never knew it was this hard.." I can see a hint of sadness in his eyes.

 

"Well, Yi Fan.. Achieving your dreams isn't easy, you have to climb many obstacles in order to get what you want… But I believe you can do it!" I smiled apologetically.  

 

He looked in my eyes and smiled back.

 

"What job have you applied for?" I said while drinking my drink.

 

"Anime assistant for SM Anime company" He said causing me to choke.

 

Cough Cough!

 

"Are you okay?" He said looking at me worried and patted my back lightly.

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay.." was the words I managed to spit out.

 

"Why the big reaction?" He teases me.

 

"What big reaction? I-I'm just surprised because that company is quite popular.." I mentally slapped myself.

 

END OF POV

 

 

Yi Fan's POV

 

We spoke for an hour or so before her phone rang.

 

"Hi.. yeah… what? Now?….. Okay…. I'll be there in 20.." She hung up.

 

She looked at me apologetically.

 

"I have to go Yi Fan.. An unexpected thing came up.."

 

"It's okay, you take care of it first.. It was nice talking to you again!" I said.

 

She stood up and pat my left shoulder.

 

"You'll get that job, don't' worry… don't give up okay?" She smiled and pumped her fist up indicating the hwaiting sign.

 

"You too.. don't get too stressed okay?" I did the same as her which made her chuckle.

 

We bid our goodbyes and she left the shop. I sat in the shop for a couple of minutes watching her leave. I then stood up and made my way back to my apartment.. which made me go past SM Anime company.

 

Achieving your dreams isn't easy, you have to climb many obstacles in order to get what you want… I suddenly though of Ga Heun's encouraging words.

 

I will not give up.. I thought. 

 

 

END OF POV

 

 


 

Chapter 2 guys!^^

 

Was gonna upload this on wednesday but it was my birthday haha :P

 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to upvote and comment! 

 

Thank you~! ^____^