Chapter 1 - How It All Started

Life As An Animator

How It All Started

 

 

Yi Fan's POV

 

It all started when I was 10. I was in the airport in Canada with my parents waiting to board the plane back to China for the summer holidays. I was bored and suddenly a girl round my age.. Maybe 2 years younger than me..? Came up to me and showed me this book with awesome drawings.

 

"What's this?" I asked her.

 

She pouted. "It's manga.. I drew it" she smiled back.

 

"Oh.. Cool, you're a great drawer! But... Why are you showing me this?"

 

"Thank you and because you look bored so I thought I'd show it you.. And also to show off my drawing skills" she winked.

 

I chuckled and read through the manga. 

 

"Wow! I really like this!" I gave it her back.

 

"Really? Take it" she handed it to me.

 

"Are you sure?" 

 

She smiled widely and nodded. "Yeah"

 

After that, I've never seen her again.. I didn't even catch her name but thanks to her, that's how my love for anime and manga started. 

 

I am now 20 years old and you can basically say I'm an anime slash manga freak. I've watched loads of anime's but I never thought I would take the animator path.. It's all thanks to this person named Hope, that person's work motivates me and that person is so underrated! 

 

"I'm going to be like you one day, Hope.." I said while stepping into Seoul.

 

I came to Seoul because Hope's work is published by SM Anime company which is in Seoul.. Well here. So I came to Seoul to hopefully get a job in SM Anime company, achieve my dreams and find who Hope is.. I need to because I want to thank the person for giving me so much motivation and also because I'm a big fan.. it would be an honour to work with Hope. Also I want her as my teacher.. A sensei hehe..

 

Why do I like Hope's work you ask? Well because it's unique and meaningful, the story plot and the drawings are beautiful.. It's so inspiring!

 

END OF POV

 

 

No One's POV

 

With Yi Fan day dreaming plus walking in the airport at the same time equals he will bump into something or someone and yes it happened, he bumped into this girl and all the papers where scattered on the floor.

 

Yes, he mentally cursed himself before helping the girl.

 

"I'm so sorry!" He apologised to the girl who had her head down picking up the paper.

 

He bent down to help her pick up the papers.. 

 

Gasp! Anime drawings and storyboard! He thought.

 

"Thank you and no, I should be sorry" he looked up to find the girl smiling at him.

 

He handed the papers back to her.

 

"Erm.. I'm really sorry.. D-do you wanna go and get coffee?" 

 

Her eyes widened when she heard him.. I don't even know you.. She thought.

 

"Ah, no.. I just want to apologise so I'll treat you to a cup of coffee as an apology.. I feel guilty because all your papers are unorganised.. I could give you a hand in organising them back..?" He shyly asked while rubbing his neck.

 

"Uh, okay" she chuckled.

 

They spent 2 hours in the airport cafe, talking, laughing and organising the papers. They both found out they like anime's and manga's which made them less awkward.

 

END OF POV 

 

 

Yi Fan's POV 

 

I checked the time and we sat here for 2 hours and I've not even introduced myself.. How stupid..

 

"Oh yeah, I'm Wu Yi Fan, but you can call me Yi Fan" I smiled while putting my hand out for a handshake.

 

She looked at me and looked at my hand, she then chuckled

 

"I'm Yoo Ga Heun!" She smiled back and took my hand to shake it.

 

It was getting late so we both exchanged numbers, bid goodbyes and went our own separate ways.

 

I was in the taxi and ding! I checked my phone and it was a message from Ga Heun.

 

To: Yi Fan

From: Ga Heun

 

It was nice talking to you Yi Fan! Have a safe ride home and see you soon! ^^

 

I don't know why but I smiled like an idiot at that text.

 

To: Ga Heun

From: Yi Fan

 

It was nice talking to you too! I'll definitely watch the anime's you recommended :D you're awesome Ga Heun! Let's meet up sometime! 

 

She's so awesome.. First day in South Korea and I already made a friend.. Who likes anime and manga.. But for some reason, it feels like I've known her for ages.. Hmm..

 

END OF POV

 

 

Ga Heun's POV

 

To: Ga Heun

From: Yi Fan

 

It was nice talking to you too! I'll definitely watch the anime's you recommended :D you're awesome Ga Heun! Let's meet up sometime!^^

 

Let's meet up sometime.. I don't know why but I suddenly feel happy.. 

 

Wu Yi Fan.. What a cute name.. Wait Ga Heun, what are you thinking of?!

 

END OF POV

 

 

No One's POV

 

That night, the two kept thinking of each other and how similar they are. They both learnt that they're from canada, they are an anime and manga maniac and Ga Heun works as an assistant in an anime company.

 

END OF POV

 

 

Ga Heun's POV

 

I'm so sorry Yi Fan, but I have to...

 

END OF POV

 

 

 


First chapter^^ sorry if it's boring, but I promise you, it will get interesting!^^

Please do subscribe, upvote and comment! :)

Thanks for reading~!

~ Lisaa_23