Concert Tickets

Concert Tickets, Cold Beers, and Memories

I was late like thunder

I'm looking for you now

Boom Boom Boom Boom

I let out a sound late calling for you

 


 

"Bottom up!!" Yoon Bomi held her shot glass higher. The music in the room was thumping like crazy and she did like it. The merrier, the better. 

Eunji, her long last best friend who was also her coworker, tried to stop her to drink her nth glass that night, "Bomi-ya, you should stop right now," She knew that Bomi would likely have a massive headache in the morning. It was not the first time she was babysitting Bomi at the party, knowing that the latter had a quiet reputation as a party popper. 

Bomi swished her hand impatiently, "Just one more!" 

"One shot! One Shot! One Shot!" They had a merry party that night, celebrating the ending of the big project they worked on for quiet sometimes. Yoon Bomi was always be a good drinker and the party clown, that's why the other co-workers shouted her name right now as she emptied her shot glass in a second. "Yooohooooo! Yoon Bomi! Yoon Bomi!" 

Coming to this kind of party wasn't really her choice, it was the part of so-called socialize of the real world. Working in the advertisement industry also wasn't really her choice. She always wanted to be a dancer, but obviously that wasn't how the world works. So here she was, working under the name of CUBEAdv, sitting properly behind the desk and received her monthly salary. 

"Ah! This is my song!" Bomi put the glass on the table, walked unsteadily towards Kyungsoo and swished the mic from his hand. She touched him on his chest and flirted with the web-designer, "You put my song on, don't you?" 

Eunji moved hastily to save her face, knowing her drink habit very well, "This is your song, Bomi-ya. Sing your heart out," she turned her back to the display. 

"G-O-D!!!" she spell the band name fluently and sang the song she knew by heart, "RIGHT! ALRIGHT! IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT!!"

Eunji shook her head in disbelief, wondering if she could remove this girl from her friend list. 

 

 

***

 

Bomi always thought that the house rules number #8 was stupid: don't ever lock your bedroom. Chorong said it was preventing anti social syndrome and at that time, the younger only nodded, writing down the rule without knowing the future consequence. By future consequence it meant the day like today, the hangover day. 

"Yoon Bomi wake up! Wake up!" Chorong opened the door without knocking. She should really make a proposal to put 'knock the door first' in the house rules. Or maybe 'never waking up your housemate, whatever happen'; considering Chorong was a morning person and Bomi was a night butterfly. "Yah! Yoon Bomi! Breakfast!"

"I don't need breakfast," she growled and covered her head with her pink bed sheet. "Let me sleep, Eonnie," 

"I made pancake for us," Chorong sat on her bed and poked her from the side. 

"Call your boyfriend and eat with him," she said under her blanket. 

"Suho is on duty," she pouted. Being a good girlfriend was not easy, even more if your boyfriend was a doctor. "Bomi-yaaaaa…. Bomi-yaaa…" 

"Okay, okay, I'm up," she finally kicked her blanket, swearing that she would write down the new house rules. "Can you please prepare the warm milk while I wash up? I still have headache from last night," 

"I told you not to drink to much, didn't I?" she chirped, putting her hands on her waist, "I also have said to Eunji to take care of you," 

"Eonniieeeee…. I'm 28 this year! I'm not a kid anymore!" 

 

"Did someone say that she doesn't need breakfast?" Chorong put another pancake on Bomi's plate. The latter was busy munching the pancake and drinking the milk. Chorong put letters on the table, "Here, letters for you. Your credit card bill included," 

Bomi growled, she knew that her bills would a little bit blow up this month. She put her plates away and took the letters. One was from the bank (as expected), one was the invitation of friend's wedding, "Jina Eonnie is getting married by the end of this month," 

"Jina? Choi Jina?" Chorong repeated. She was freaking out when Bomi nodded, "Why didn't I get the invitation?" 

"You don't remember the last time you both quarreled because of…." Bomi hanged her words. "Okay, I don't know because of what but it wasn't a quarrel anymore. It was a fight," 

Chorong scoffed, she could become a little childish sometimes, "She's too much. I won't invite her to my wedding too," 

Bomi laughed, "Did Suho Oppa already ask you?" 

The older pinched her cheek, "Are you bragging that Minseok Oppa already popped you the question?" she pouted. Five years together and Suho didn't ask her yet, it made her a little bit hard to be happy about Minseok's and Bomi's engagement.  "He will soon," 

Still laughing, she opened the third letter. There was no sender nor information about the letter. Her expression was drastically changing as she took out a thin paper from the envelope. She whispered with holy voice, "Oh My God, Eonnie," 

"What?" Chorong barked, still offended about Bomi's sensitive question.

"Oh my God, oh my God!" she held the letter with shaking hands, "G-O-D ticket concert!!" 

 

***

 

Hanlim High School Reunion

 

"PARK CHANYEOOOOOOLLLL!!!" Baekhyun screamed at the giant who just entered the room, wrapping him in his embrace. "Look at your red hair! Look at your glasses! Look at your suit! European guy!"

"Byun Baek!!!" he tightened his hug. He really missed his small friend. After studying abroad and back to Seoul just for summer holiday, it was the first time Chanyeol met with his friend again after high school graduation. 

Another arms wrapped around the two best friends. "Kim Jongdae!!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol shouted in sync. The former king of troll grinned happily. It was a good decision to cancel one of his variety show schedule, only for attending his high school reunion. He knew the CEO and the manager Hyung would be mad at him, but for now… who cares?

"Congrats for being a million-seller!" Baekhyun patted his friend. Never passed in his mind ten years ago, that Kim Jongdae would change his name into Chen and becoming a rock star to make a living. Ok, he knew that he always had a superb voice, according to karaoke-room scoring point. He always hit 100 marks for every song he sang. 

"Oh my god, I can't believe we reunite again!" 

 

"So, what are you doing now, Baek?" Chanyeol opened the beer can and put it in front of the brunette. He remembered about what Baekhyun wrote in the email, "Are you still cooking?" 

"I don't know if you still can call me a chef," he grinned. "I'll open my second restaurant in Cheondamdong, so I am busier with bureaucracy and paper thingy rather than cooking," 

"I still remembered you made a birthday cake for me," Jongdae laughed. "Perfect icing but burned inside," 

Baekhyun chuckled, "It was my first ever masterpiece you know,"

"Ah, I really can't believe that we reunite again," Chanyeol held his smile. It's been awhile since they all met together and reminisced about the old days. 

"I really can't believe that we reunite again with you," Baekhyun repeated his words. "You are busier than Mr. Rock Star right here. Jongdae and I still meet time to time between his spare time,"

"Mr. Rock Star stays in the country," Chanyeol made an excuse, "But Mr. Architect right here has to go around the world and build some skyscrapers," 

 

Half an hour after their arrival, they were still stuck in the corner table. They didn't really pay attention to the whole event and catching up with each other. Jongdae told them more or less how he could end up in the showbiz business. Chanyeol patted his arm several times, praising that he never thought Kim Jongdae would become this handsome. The former troll master laughed it off, knowing that everything he said was true. He also revealed that he ever dated some famous faces, making the two shocked and hit him on the arm because of jealousy when he said he dated Hyeri, former member of famous girl group, for awhile.

Meanwhile Baekhyun confessed that he would get married at the next spring with his four years girlfriend Kim Taeyeon. Completing the good news, he also confessed that they actually had a baby already. Taeyeon was two month pregnant. Chanyeol and Jongdae shrieked in shocked, making the three of them center of attention for a second. 

Chanyeol was giving them a bitter smile when they asked about his love life. He told them about Oh Hayoung, a girl who stole his heart in the middle of Paris. He said that he popped the question about six month ago in their 3rd anniversary night. Chanyeol looked confused when she was hesitating to put the ring on. After asking about it, she said to Chanyeol that she couldn't leave Paris and her career, knowing that Chanyeol always wanted to go back to Seoul. After long fighting and throwing arguments for months and months, they decided to end their relationship month ago. Baekhyun and Jongdae patted his arm warmly, it was just amazing how life turned the story upside down.

Three best friends, three different stories. 

 

 

***

 

Chorong held the ticket concert as Bomi trying to get in touch with her fiancé. Bomi was really a lucky girl and she was happy that her cousin finally met someone who truly loved her, after the long journey of her love story. It was three years ago when Bomi met Kim Minseok, the owner of coffee shop around the corner. He had like fifteen branches which were literally located around the corner, every corner of Seoul.

"Good Morning, Oppa!" Bomi greeted him cheerfully. "Are you awake already?" stupid question. Of course she knew that he was a morning person. He might be brewing his coffee just now in one of his coffee shop. 

"I'm in Gangnam branch," he said, making a gesture to one of his worker to finish up the process. He glanced at the clock on the wall, it was still too early for sleepyhead Yoon Bomi. "I thought you had party last night?" 

"Chorong Eonnie made pancakes for me," she smiled to her cousin across the table, feeling grateful. 

Minseok chuckled, taking a seat in one of the table. "I really should learn the recipes from her, so I can wake you up in the morning," 

"You can just brew me a cup of coffee," she whined a bit, making Chorong wanted to throw up her breakfast, she hated to see lovey dovey scene from this couple. 

He smiled, "You don't like coffee, Bomi-ya," he knew her very well, she always ordered juice or milkshake when she visited his coffee shops. 

"You know I'm trying, Oppa. I'm soon to be the bride of the famous barista, so I should like coffee," 

"You don't have to try, Bbom," he flashed a warm smile, "You don't have to like coffee because of me," 

 "I try because I want to, Oppa," Chorong rolled her eyes and pointed the concert ticket, reminding her about why she called him on the first place. "Ah, yes, I've got your surprise," 

Minseok frowned, "Surprise? What surprise?"

Bomi laughed, "Don't play hard to get, Oppa! Your surprise… it came this morning," 

"Bbom-ah, I didn't send you anything," 

This time was Bomi's turn to frown. 

 

***

 

After the important part of the story changing passed, Chanyeol was interested in his surroundings. He couldn't recognize half of his classmate and his antisocial blood didn't help at all. Facebook, twitter, path, or instagram? He didn't really have something like that, even his smartphone was just full of news application and appointment alarm. He raised his neck and looked around, "Where is Myungsoo? I can't see him anywhere,"

"Kim Myungsoo? Class President?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, "He married last year and live abroad since then. Yah, Yoda, I know you are away for too long, but you should catch up what happened with us," 

Still raising his neck he asked again, "And Sandeul?" 

Jongdae put his cellphone on the table, "Still on his way… He'll arrive maybe in thirty minutes?" the rocker still kept in touch with him since they worked in the same area, although in different genre. Sandeul was a professional musical singer and opera. 

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, stared at petite girl across the room. "Is she Sohee? Ahn Sohee?" He was startled that his guess was right. 

Baekhyun nodded, "She's really pretty, right? No one could lie my eyes. I had crush on her since the first day," he sighed. "Remember the day we stalked them? We were busted right away,"

"Them?" Jongdae chuckled, "Ahn Sohee and Yoon Bomi, flowers in our youth days,"

Chanyeol closed his mouth, he had a soft spot for the latter name. Yoon Bomi. Jongdae was right, she was the flower of their youth days. His youth days. He took the beer can and played with it, considering if it was really the right time to ask. There was a mission he brought when he decided to attend the whole reunion. Don't ever tell them but It was not to meet Jongdae and Baekhyun, and definitely not about finding out where Myungsoo and Sandeul were. It all came down to the vivid memory of certain fairy from his youth. He inhaled and exhaled secretly, deciding to ask the question that bothered him for the last ten years, "Where is Yoon Bomi?"

 

***

 

"So… it's not from Minseok Oppa?" Eunji repeated slowly. The Busan girl was coming to their apartment when Bomi sent her a SOS message ten minutes ago. Her hand was still holding the ticket and the envelope, trying to look another clue on it. 

"Nope," Bomi shook her head. She put another plate in front of Eunji, in case she wanted to try Chorong's morning pancake. "Now I have to explain to him, why someone sent me this ticket. How can I now why the sender sent me the ticket, if I don't even know who it is?"

Chorong took a pen and notes from the drawer, writing on it, CANDIDATES FOR THE MYSTERIOUS SENDER. "So… who's the second?" she asked after wrote down Minseok's name and directly crossed it out. She look at her clueless cousin. She knew her love history very well, that's why they needed a pen and notes. Because not like her who had only Suho and someone from high school days named Nam Woohyun, Bomi's love story was a little bit more complicated. 

Eunji knew her since years and years ago, in the college to be exact. It was fortune that keeping them together, they even got into the same company. Like Chorong, she also knew about her love life reputation. They suggested some names and wrote it down. Digging Bomi's past were not so difficult, but it seemed not so easy to sorter the name. "It's maybe good thing to narrow down, who's from them knowing the fact that you are a big fan from GOD?"

Chorong scoffed at the suggestion, "Who didn't know the fact that she is a big fan from GOD? That's the real question,"

 

 

***

 

"Where is Yoon Bomi?" Chanyeol fanned his self, pretending that he didn't really care, pretending that Bomi was as unimportant as Myungsoo and Sandeul. "She doesn't come?" 

Baekhyun's eyes sparked for a second before answered, "She never attends our class reunion. Some says she is going abroad, some says she works at the local company…" 

"Wait," Chanyeol stopped his drinking movement, put the beer can on the table. He wasn't ready to hear the news of Yoon Bomi. But Bomi worked for a company was the last thing he wanted to hear. What happened with her dreams? She always told him that she would dance in Juilliard in the future; she would make BoA seeing her as a rival. At that time, Chanyeol believed she would reach her dreams, because Yoon Bomi was the prettiest when she danced. "What do you mean? She… doesn't dance anymore?" 

Jongdae and Baekhyun looked at each other in silence, just now realized their friends literally lost contact with everyone. How to explain this to Park Chanyeol. 

 

***

 

"What is Kai doing in that list?" Bomi raised her eyebrows, pointing one of the name. She even didn't know him very well, they met at the age twenty when Bomi had visited her aunt in Australia. "He was not my boyfriend," 

Eunji widened her eyes, her conservative way of thinking didn't match Bomi's statement, "He was not your boyfriend? Then what? Your long lost cousin?" 

Bomi swished her hand, "He was… summer fling? I don't know! We just spent two weeks together before I went back to Korea and he stayed in Perth. What did happen in two weeks? Finding soulmate?" Bomi chuckled on her own idea. She didn't really believe the concept of soulmate, it was a little bit stupid. 

"That makes sense actually. Why would your summer fling send you a 100,000 won ticket? And he lives abroad," Chorong nodded her head and crossed Kai's name from the list. Because of the same reason, they also crossed Sungyeol's name out, knowing that he was enjoying his life somewhere in the african jungle right now. 

"Luhan?" Eunji tapped her finger on his name. "Xi Luhan the exchange student? How about him?" It was maybe two or three months after her summer fling with Kai ended, when she met Luhan. He studied in their University for a year before went back to Beijing and also ended his relationship with Bomi. 

"Definitely not him," Bomi crossed his name three times, even scribbled a poop beside his name. "He hated GOD. He said that they had bad hairstyle, strange fashion, and horrible music. Hah!" she scoffed. "If only he wasn't so sweet back then, I would have smacked his head for badmouthing my Oppas," 

"But you were head over heels back then!" Eunji pointed her. Still fresh in her mind Bomi dragged her to the green field and fangirling the exchange student. 

"Just because he was so cool on the field!" Bomi pointed her best friend back, "My love for GOD is for eternity. Xi Luhan could go back to Beijing and stay there as long as he can, I don't care," 

"Stop it you two," Chorong hit the two girls with pen in her hand. "Can you please concentrate on the list?" 

They were crossing some other name after Bomi shook her hand repeatedly, mentioned the reason; love affair ("Maybe Chunji wanted to apologize with a ticket?" -- Chorong crossed his name and drew a bigger poop -than Luhan's- beside his name.), another GOD anti fans ("He thought his music was the best, Pyo Jihoon!"), and just feeling ("I still kept in touch with Taehyung! And we just met yesterday at the gathering, why should he send me one without name?")

Bomi glanced the only name left on the list for a second before looking at Eunji and Chorong, searching for agreement, "Park… Chanyeol?" 

 

 

***

 

Chanyeol just blindly threw his blazer on the floor and plopped his body onto the bed after he got home. He didn't really know what to feel after the whole reunion ended. The excitement for meeting with his high school friends was dissolved after he heard about Bomi. He crawled so that he could reach the night desk, searching for something he bought a week ago, before he even decided to go to the reunion. The ticket concert. 

 

"They would be back together," Chanyeol Bomi long hair awkwardly. He didn't really know what to do to make his girlfriend stop to cry. "And you will see their concert again,"

Bomi pushed his chest lightly, "No way. You just… don't know… Park Chanyeol! Don't say it lightly! They wouldn't get back together ever again! Gyesang Oppa would be busy with his filming schedule and Taewoo Oppa would go solo," she wiped her tears, "Everything wouldn't be the same. GOD is disbanded!" 

Chanyeol wiped her tears with his thumb, "I promise you would see them again someday,"

 

Chanyeol released a big sigh, in front of him were the tickets concert and a paper with Bomi's address in it. He got it after begging Ahn Sohee earlier. He always thought that she had beautiful eyes, but he had to correct himself. That almond eyes looked so scary if the owner squinted them and shot him with distrust look. 

He counted briefly in what year the last time he saw her. 2004. Ten freaking years and why now? Why did he decide to look for her after ten years? First love? Chanyeol scoffed at his idea. 28 was surely not the age where you still believed that first love would last, wasn't it? 

He rubbed his face in disbelief, what are you doing Park Chanyeol? No one had demanded him to fulfill his promise. And was it even counted as a promise when a teenager made them just because he wanted to soothe his girlfriend?

 

And this question really bothered his mind, 

 

was he too late? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

I wasn't made for oneshot T.T writing about what would happen ten years later really excited me (and also bunch of Bomi's Ex-s) lol 

I promise it won't be angst. 

It would be lovely if you tell me what you think ^^