Four

Oh, Professor

Hair? check. Breath? check. Clothes? check. Swag? double check!!! I was fixing everything before I went to the café in front of our school to meet up with Mr. Lee for the tutoring details. Of course, I can’t look like sht on our almost-first date! I was up the whole night last night and I can’t really fix the slightly-dark circles under my eyes. I mean, who wouldn’t get excited when you receive a meet-me-in-this-place-tomorrow-kind-of text from your forbidden crush in the middle of the night? It’s so movie-ish/drama-ish. Me likey.

He raised his hand when I entered the store to make me aware of his location. I went to sit across him and placed my stuff on the floor. “So..” he started. “I didn’t know you’re the teacher type.” I didn’t know that too. “Well, yeah. I value my studies so much because I want to make my parents proud. I also want something to actually happen to my junior year because so far it’s all… meh,” I let out a small laugh, and he smiled too. “Well I’m honored to be the one to make that “interesting moment” in your junior year,” he shrugged, acting cool and nonchalant.

“A little cocky, huh? What makes you think that, Mr. Lee?” He immediately stopped drinking his coffee. I thought something was wrong but he said, “Please, just call me Donghae. We’re outside school anyway.” ALL THE FEELS. I gave so much effort in stopping the tinting of my cheeks and I succeeded. “Seeing how your ‘student’ succeeds is such a great feeling—you can ask the other tutors—and I’m sure you would want to experience that for yourself,” he continued. I was about to say something, but he added, “Plus, you’ll be working with me so that’s another fun thing.” He was smirking. Oh lord. “Ding ding ding! Best joke ever, Mr- err.. Donghae!” I replied. He hit my arm and his cheeks were slightly colored. Was he shy??? “Tell me who mistererrrdonghae is, first.” He was mocking me. Gosh. “Where were you hiding this Donghae all along??” We laughed together.

Well, I could get used to this.

 

---------

 

I met up with Siwon two days after my orientation with Mr. Lee in the café. He gave me Siwon’s email address so I can contact him, and we both agreed on meeting on Friday—which was today—after his football practice. I was sitting on one of the benches around the field while waiting for him. I was thinking about leaving because I sort of forgot to tell him who I was and how I looked like, so how was he going to find me? I can’t believe he agreed to meet with some random guy who emailed him. Weird. I stood up and decided to just apologise and reschedule our session.

“Hyukjae? Wait up!” I haven’t heard my name being said by that voice so I looked back and saw Siwon half- and jogging towards me. SWEET BABY JESUS. “You’re my tutor, right? I kinda asked Mr. Lee who my tutor was ‘cause I forgot to ask you your name, I’m sorry. I’m Choi Siwon,” he smiled and let out his hand for me to shake. I KNOW, I KNOW OMG. I was stunned. I just shook hands with THE Choi Siwon. “Hey, are you okay? you look kinda pale…” he touched my forehead. EEP. I backed up a bit and said, “Y-yes I am!” I faked a laugh but it turned out awkward. Fail. “S-so.. H-how did you know how I looked like?” I asked. “Oh, right! I always see you in the morning, you know. We arrive at the same time. There was just this one time when you dropped your ID and I surrendered it to the desk so that’s how I knew your name.” Your kindness is too much for me to handle. “Do you mind accompanying me back to the lockers to get my stuff before we start? I saw that you were about to leave so I ran..” he looked shy when he said that while fake-scratching his nape. Awwwww. I smiled and nodded, and we headed to the locker room. “Hey, Hyukjae,” he stopped and looked at me. “Before we start and everything… can you not think of me as.. all this?” he gestured his whole body. His status. “I want us to be friends, and I don’t want this to stop you from agreeing,” he smiled, almost sad. I gave him my warmest smile and told him that that would be nice.

We shared a few more small talks before we went out and started reviewing. I knew he was nice, but I didn’t know he was that nice. To think that I thought only Mr. Lee can make me feel that way..

Wait, what??

 

---------

 

I saw Victoria, Amber and Henry walking together during the break. I walked to them quietly and shouted when I was near (trying to scare them) but they just turned around and gave me weird looks. Wow how supportive. “So what’s up, guys? I haven’t talked to you in a while.. I mean we talk in class but not that kind of talk.. I mean- ugh, you know what I mean!” They were enjoying the way I struggled. What's new. “Well, Henry is still slow as ever, and Amber is still as shy as your good looks because both of them are still “getting there”,” Victoria said and the accused hit her at the same time. “I, on the other hand, am happily living my non-single life, so don’t ask us “what’s up” ‘cause you’re the one who needs to tell us what’s up! How is the tutor life, lover boy?” she continued. “Excuse you, Victoria, but my good looks are not shy,” they all tsch-ed, THANKS, but I just ignored them. “ANYWAY, about my tutor life, Siwon is very nice! I mean, like SUPER nice. We always hangout after our session, like, can you believe that?? There was this one time when we went to the ice cream store and he paid for mine AND oh my god, I just remembered something. GUESS WHAT. I already went to his house!!! He’s so rich and handso- wait why are you not reacting..”

“…..Siwon???” they all said at the same time. “Oppa, I thought you were doing this for Mr. Lee!” Amber added. RIIIIIIGHT.  “Oh!! We always meet at the café. He told me I can call him ‘Donghae’ EEEEEP that’s something, right?? He has this really cool and fun side!! Like, we’re just normal friends hanging out,” I said while wiggling my eyebrows. “Whew, if I didn’t know better, I’d think that you’re now crushin’ on Choi Siwon and not on Mr. Lee!” said Victoria while laughing. 

Meanwhile, I let off a nervous slash sad laugh.

 

---------

 

Henry and I were walking quielty on our way home. And yes, it wasn't a normal thing. I was about to break the silence but Henry beat me to it. "Hyung.. can I ask you something?" Oh lord, that question. "Yeah, sure. What is it?" His eyes chose the ground over me when I looked at him. "Uh.. Do you still like Mr. Lee?" Something dropped inside me. I knew someone would eventually ask the question, it's just that I still didn't know how to answer it—I wasn't prepared yet. My lack of responce made Henry panic. "H-hyung! I'm sorry! I just saw how sad your eyes were when you were talking earlier and I don't like seeing you sad.. s- so, I just want to help. I didn't mean to make you feel bad!" Henry's kindness made my feelings even more sensitive. "Damn it, Henry. Why are you so nice," I said as I decided to slump down on the sidewalk. He sat beside me and gave me a reassuring pat. "Want to let it out? I won't judge you, I promise," he smiled warmly. Sighs.

"It was just this one session that Dongh- I mean, Mr. Lee and I had... Well, uh.. I was sorta giving off "hints" 'cause you know how unsubtle I am," I faked a laugh. "He just always laughed it off so I thought it was okay, right? but then before we separated he..." I stopped because I felt it again. I looked at Henry and he had that concerned look. "He what..."

"He said, 'Hyukjae, if you have a different motive in doing this.. you know that can't happen right?'" I smiled at Henry sadly. "So, I don't know. I felt really hurt because we had so much in common, you know? We got along so well... and then BAM! he ended all the possibilities." Henry was just gaping like a fish for a few seconds before he figured out what he wanted to ask. "Well how did he say it.... I mean, was he serious or something.."

"He looked sad actually.. but I don't want to get my hopes up anymore!! It's always this way. I'm always the only one feeling defeated. I always think there's something, but there's actually none. I always try to hold on when, in fact, there's nothing to hold on to. Henry, I get tired too." I didn't realize that tears were already forming in my eyes. He gave me a hug and said, "So.. is it Siwon now?" Well, that was a fast transition. I smiled at Henry's curiosity and concern. "Siwon's nice.. and really handsome, too! He makes me laugh and all..." I smiled as I remembered the jokes Siwon and I shared the other day. I got up and started walking again.

".....was that a 'yes'?" Oh, Henry. I messed up his hair and he scrunched his nose in annoyance.

Maybe.

 

------------------------------

A/N: this is still an eunhae fic I swear! /hides 

To those asking who tops or something, my answer is.... I don't really know (EEP!) I won't really focus on that stuff in this fic.. just as long as is the two of them, right? hihi don't hate meeeeee

pls stick around ;u; Stars for your patience! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

/HUGS YOU TIGHT/