One

Oh, Professor

Last class of my first day in junior year, and I was seated in the front row, talking to this girl named Victoria when the professor entered and all the laughter and the talking died down to hushed voices. I wasn’t able to see his entire face, only his side profile, and I can tell that he was good-looking.Well, this is going to be interesting. I’m not really proud of how I look so I am perfectly fine with just having a sight to look forward to. Nothing more, nothing less. Who would settle for me anyway?

“Hey, he’s cute.” It wasn’t until Victoria said that line when I realised I was looking down at my table, mourning about my “good” looks, and not being able to see my professor’s face completely. Well, now I did and damn. He’s so fine.

“Good afternoon, class. I am Lee Donghae, and I will be your English professor here in English 10. You guys have that subject every Wednesday and Friday, so I look forward to seeing you in those days of the week.” He ended with a smile. Oh God. I SO look forward to seeing you too.

“Were you saying something, Mr.- uh..” he looked at my nameplate. “Lee Hyukjae?” Fck, did I say that out loud? 

“N-nothing s-sir.. I didn’t say anything.”

“Good, ‘cause I don’t want any unnecessary noise.” He wasn’t smiling anymore. Oops.

But he was staring at me. Maybe a bit too long for my feelings.

 

------------

 

“You’re totally into him.” Victoria was giggling and kept on repeating it like I was deaf or something. I was waiting for Henry since his last class won’t end ’til four thirty and mine ended at three thirty, so Victoria volunteered to wait with me. Bad idea. Though I’m not going to deny, I am actually kinda interested in Mr. Lee. But of course I wouldn’t admit that to her. Duh. “Will you quit it? Okay, he’s good-looking but it’s just that, no feelings or something. He doesn’t look fun anyway.” I looked up from my phone to see what Victoria’s reaction was and she was literally emitting sun beams. No kidding.

“Good. I’m calling dibs."

I don’t know what’s wrong with me or my stomach but I felt something, and it wasn’t nice. It was like letting go of something I didn’t even have. Oh stop being dramatic, Hyukjae. You’re just hungry!

“All yours.” I’m usually the always-smiling kind of person, but this time, I think I faked one after I said it.

I saw Henry walking with some girl from his year. He’s two years younger so I’m not quite familiar with the students of his batch. “Henry!” I caught their attention, so I waved and they went to where we were. Victoria was talking to someone on her cellphone, so I half-jogged to meet them half way.

“Hello, Hyukjae oppa! Henry told me a lot of nice things about you every time we hung out last summer. It’s nice to finally meet you!” Ohhh, so this is that Amber girl Henry was talking about. I wasn’t sure if she gave a little emphasis on the “nice things” which may hint sarcasm, so I threw judging looks at Henry. “Hyung! ‘nice things’ seriously! Can you just trust me? After being best friends since we were babies...” He actually pouted. Aish, this kid. “I’m kidding! You know that I trust you. I even tell you my man crushes, and that’s seriously something!” Henry let out a sigh of relief and smiled.

“And that’s because you always tell me about this girl you really like,” I winked at Amber and she ended up blushing.

“Hyung!!!!"

 

------------

 

“Henry, will you please hurry up!” He was making weird noises so I knew he just got up. “I’ll be there in a sec just calm your moobs,” he said groggily. “Henry, please. We're half way through with this year and you're still a slow arse. I don’t want to be la-“ beepbeepbeep. He hung up on me. What a brat.

After deciding that calling Henry again would just be a waste of time and effort, I decided to punish the pebbles in the curb. For about fifteen minutes. ‘Cause he was so slow like a turtle.

“Hyung, I told you you can always go ahead. You don’t have to wait for me,” Henry said while locking the main door. Finally. We started the long walk to school. “You know I wouldn’t do that. Your mom will be so mad, and she can strangle me anytime since we’ve been living literally next to each other for the past sixteen years.” I replied as I messed up his hair. 

And that signifies the start of my daily dose of Henry every school morning.

 

------------

 

“Okay, the first group may now proceed with the report. I will just sit here in front, if you don’t mind.” Mr. Lee sat next to me since Kyuhyun was absent and it was the only vacant seat. Oh Lord, please let me smell good. 

I was trying to avoid any form of contact from the godly being, so I was sitting still as fck until Victoria slipped a paper in my notebook.

“I am SO going to kill u for sitting next to my baby Hae ><“ 

I crumpled the paper and aimed for her lap. She made a face, and shoved me jokingly. I almost hit Mr. Lee, and that is something I wouldn’t want to happen. I can’t be a turn off, nope. No thanks. I did a little revenge and pushed Victoria a little harder. She almost fell off her chair and sht, funniest face ever. A funny incident is twice as funny if you’re not allowed to laugh out loud. This seriously not just a funny incident. I was trying to stay as quiet as possible, so that made smile like an idiot with shaking shoulders. Victoria’s shocked face was gone and she matched my not-making-any-noise-but-this-is-funny-as-sht face when she whispered, “Nice gums, arsehole.”

“Thanks, it likes your Hello Kitty too.” Aaaand we continued shaking and shaping our abs.

But a strong grip holding my arm made me stop completely. A strong, gorgeous, perfect hand touching me. “Lee Hyukjae,” that deep voice said my name oh god. He leaned forward. I’m gonna faint. 

“If I were you, I would just stay still, and listen carefully to the next thing I will say,” he said, almost whispering. 

He leaned even closer.

“See me in my office after class."

 

------------------------------