Chapter Five.

Triptych

    Taehyung pulled out a small pocket knife, cutting the zipties that were around your ankles before grabbing under your arms, hoisting you up and out of your seat. You looked up at him and then to all of the other men in the room. No one looked at you or even said anything, except for Taehyung who was whispering for you to stay calm. It was hard to stay calm when you were just going to be handed off to some guy who apparently was a weapons master.

 

“My shoes--” you called out, looking at the wonderful, $40 shoes that you had bought just a few weeks ago. They were your favorite shoes, but when Taehyung ignored you you knew that you were never going to see them again.

 

“I’ll deliver your shoes later, dear.” Seokjin replied, picking up your shoes by the heels. You were going to thank him, but before you could you were in a different place.

 

A cool breeze hit your body as you were brought outside. The pavement was cold and wet, the wetness either coming from rain or someone spilling their drink as they tumbled out. Either way it was still freezing cold as you walked.

 

You noticed that Taehyung’s grip on you had decreased significantly, and it was becoming intensely tempting to just see how far you could run, how quickly you could find other people who would help you get out of here. Your heart was pounding at this point, your heart telling you to make a run for it and your mind telling you to stay safe and go with Taehyung.

 

But when does the mind ever win over what the heart wants?

You moved your foot behind you, testing to see how slippery the pavement was; not too slippery at all. Without another thought in your mind you began running away from Taehyung, your hands still behind your back as you ran, making it significantly harder to keep your balance and run faster.

 

You could hear Taehyung yelling behind you, as well as heavy footsteps from him. He was a pretty fast runner compared to you, but then again he had his arms. You looked behind your shoulder to see how close he was and then looking in front of you once more. You saw someone’s arm out to the side and knew that it was all over.

 

You ran into the person’s arm and they grabbed you tightly, slinging you over their shoulder in one quick movement. Whoever this guy was, he reeked of gunpowder and cologne, like he tried to mask the smell of what he was doing before coming outside.

 

You could hear Taehyung finally catching up to you and whoever this guy was, laughing loudly as he let out a deep sigh.

 

“Hoseok, we make a perfect team, you know that?” Taehyung stated, slapping the man’s back. Was this guy Hoseok? He sure did smell like someone who would work with chemicals and weapons all day.

 

Nothing was said from the man you assumed was Hoseok. Taehyung let out an awkward laugh before stepping away from Hoseok who began walking in the direction you were previously running.

 

You wished that you could get a good look at Hoseok, but all you could see was his pants, the bottom of his shirt, and his . He was wearing black pants as well as a black shirt. Was there some type of theme with these boys? Black clothing?

 

The view was nice but you really wanted to see his face and the front of him. You had a feeling that he would look extremely intimidating, but that thought changed when he finally spoke up.

 

“Some kidnapper you are,” he commented, holding onto your legs. “You almost let her go.”

 

His voice was very bubbly despite how muffled it sounded. Maybe there was something covering his mouth? It sounded like a voice that you would hear from the nicest person in the world, someone who was sure to have a wonderful life. Surely he couldn’t be that bad!

 

A few minutes of walking and silence later, you heard the sound of a large metal door opening.

 

The new place you had entered was extremely bright and smelled of heavy chemicals, powders and cleaning supplies. You could see the floor, which was surprisingly spotless even with all the little particles floating in the air.

 

You felt yourself being put down, your feet touching the cold tiles. You cleared your throat quietly, all of the fumes from his ‘work’ getting into your lungs. But at least you would finally be able to see this Hoseok guy. But before you looked at him you decided to peer around at your surroundings.

 

There were metal racks lined up on the widest wall in the room, all holding different containers with some sort of powders in them. On one side of the large room there were firearms, ammo and knives, the other side held already made explosives. There was another door, more friendly looking, by Hoseok’s large desk as well.

 

You thought that he wouldn’t be too bad, but in all reality you should have stuck with your original thoughts.

 

This man was extremely intimidating. His mouth and nose was covered by a large mask that was covered in tiny spikes. Good for both fashion and as a weapon, you guessed. He had splotches of grey powder on his face here and there, as well as a few burns which you assumed were from the chemicals.

 

Once more you cleared your throat, covering your mouth with your hand as Hoseok stared down at you.

 

“Hoseok, aren’t you gonna get her a mask? You should get me one too--” Taehyung mumbled, elbowing Hoseok. Hoseok rolled his eyes before pulling out a small box filled with a variety of masks. Taehyung took one and put it on, letting out a sigh of relief.

 

Hoseok set the box back in it’s place, picking something up off of his little work desk before walking back over to you. It looked like a small pocket knife, but you couldn’t see all of it before he slipped it in his pocket.

 

“Why didn’t I get a mask?” you asked, coughing. Hoseok raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

 

“You can’t be wearing the mask all the time. I sleep here, live here, even eat here sometimes. You gotta get used to the fumes, sweet cheeks.”

 

You frowned at his response, not liking the feeling, or the smell of these things in the air. You were going to die before you were able to learn anything from this guy! Noticing your distress Taehyung elbowed Hoseok once more.

 

“The Boss doesn't want her dead yet, Hoseok.”

 

Although you appreciated Taehyung’s attempt at helping you, he just terrified you further by saying that the Boss didn’t want you dead. Yet. Hoseok glared at Taehyung and tilted his head to the side.

 

“You know I could just grab something from the side and kill you in an instant. You’re not in your zone, Taehyung. Watch yourself.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes, walking towards the large metal door. “You’re on your own, toots. Good luck with him!” With a quick wave, Taehyung was out the door.

 

You looked back to Hoseok as the door shut, gulping as you did so.

 

“You’re in for a long night.”