Chapter Thirteen.

Triptych

“You had better keep your eyes open, or I will--” Suga threatened, poking your arm. “If you close your eyes, I’ll slap you awake! No mercy!” he yelled, trying to lighten up the situation and be tough at the same time. He looked around frequently, tapping his fingers on his leg impatiently. 

“My shoe--” you said, lifting your leg in the air. “Not again…” 

“Shut up about your shoes, just face it-- shoes aren’t your friends now and death won’t be either.”

Just as he finished his sentence, you heard the screech of brakes on a car. You heard car doors open, as well as one angrily slam shut as the sounds of people got closer and closer.

“What did you do!” Seokjin yelled, pulling Suga up off the ground. You looked up at them, Seokjin towering over Suga. Suga knew he was gonna get his chewed, he had that look on his face. But what he didn’t see was a livid Hoseok quickly making his way towards him.

Without saying another word. Hoseok cracked his neck, twisting his wrist before punching Suga square in the face, sending him to the floor. 

“Why’d you do that!” Seokjin yelled, his attention now on Hoseok. Hoseok said nothing as he made his way over to you, kneeling down and grabbing your hand. He was looking you over for any injuries, making eye contact with you every few seconds. You heard him take a deep breath as he grabbed your waist and rolled you onto your side, viewing the worst part. 

Closing his eyes for a second, he waved someone over while you were still on your side. 

Behind Hoseok came another man, this one much younger looking. He carried a small black bag, and a strong demeanor. You knew that he wasn’t one to be messed with. 

The bag was dropped by your head, the new man crouching down next to you.

“Jungkook, I swear,” Hoseok said, glaring at ‘Jungkook’. This Jungkook guy stared blankly at Hosoek, opening up his bag and getting to work. 

“Put her on her stomach and hold her hand why don’t yah.” he said, pulling out a small bottle. “You thought that explosion of yours last year was bad?” he asked, unscrewing the bottle, “This is going to be 100 times worse.”

You felt Hoseok’s hand intertwine with yours, and saw Seokjin sit down in front of you. He had a wadded up T-shirt in his hand. With a grim look on his face, he held it up to your mouth. Kindly, and yet sternly, you denied. They had put you through all this, and they were going to hear what you had to say about it.

“If she closes her eyes, pull ‘em open.” Jungkook said, clicking his tongue.

Hoseok and Seokjin nodded, each of them looking at you with pitiful eyes. 

“One, two,” Jungkook began pouring the contents from the bottle onto your back, where all the slashes and cuts were. 

At first you could handle it. You grit your teeth, kept your eyes wide open, and held onto Hoseok’s hand as tight as you could. The pain was unbearable, but you had to get through it one way or another.

You heard another bottle unscrewing, and prepared for the worst once more. Again, the liquid was poured onto your back, this time being covered with gauze, causing the burning to stay. You gripped Hoseok’s hand tighter, digging your nails into his skin as you let out muffled yells. You felt bad for doing this, but he was the one who held your hand.

This process had gone on for what seemed like forever. Pouring, gauze, pouring, gauze. At this point, tears were streaming down your face, your foot kicking the pavement and your hand squeezing the life out of Hoseoks as the process continued. 

Seokjin turned away, covering his eyes and mumbling under his breath before walking away. 

Jungkook sighed loudly, pulling out a little tube. As if it was some sort of lotion, he put in on his hands, then right onto your back. The stinging and burning ensued one more, this time, you let out a small scream, cursing and swearing left and right.

You heard the sound of gauze and tape being unraveled, and let out a shaky breath. Your vision was blurry, and you were tired. Dead tired, you wanted to fall asleep. Closing your eyes a little, you anticipated a quick nap, which was quickly interrupted when Jungkook flicked your back, waking you right back up.

“Hey!” Hoseok yelled, squaring up with one arm. 

“She closed her eyes.” 

Without another word, Hoseok shut up and focused on you once more.

A few minutes later you were wrapped up, lying on the pavement out of breath, weary, and in unbearable amounts of pain. 

Hoseok helped you up, making sure that you didn’t move your back. He had his arm locked in yours, holding you up as you walked uneasily towards the car the others had rode in. Suga sat in the front seat, holding a bloody tissue up to his nose as Hoseok glared at him.

Jungkook followed behind you, making sure that you didn’t fall over or forward. 

Seokjin waited in the drivers seat, ready to hit the gas as soon as everyone was in.

Hoseok helped you into the car, his grip on your tightening as you moved past the passengers seat and behind Seokjin. Of course, your back didn’t touch the seat. Hoseok had his eyes on your the whole time, making sure that you were both awake and mentally present.

You looked down at his hand, seeing the mess you had made of it. There were cuts everywhere, all bleeding and bruising. You looked forward once more sighing deeply.

You had no clue what you did in your life to deserve this.