Chapter Twenty Eight

Triptych

Suga led you back into the room you were in before the two of you had moved into that V.I.P room- although at first you weren’t able to tell what room it was. Everything was dark—you couldn’t even see your hand in front of your face. You held Suga’s hand tightly as he searched for the emergency lights, shuffling your feet around to ensure that you didn’t step on anything. Finally he found one after a few seconds of searching. He flipped the switch and dim lights flickered on, the soft lights being the only thing to light up the room.

Although it was still a little hard to see, it was better than not being able to see at all.

“Taehyung?” you called out. Suga called for Namjoon, letting go of your hand and exploring the room. You went in the opposite direction, searching for any sign of the boys. You peeked around corners, continued to call their names, but got nothing. Not seeing anything on your side, you ran back over to Suga.

“I don’t see either of them,” you said, linking your arm around his. He didn’t seem to mind, but he didn’t respond.

He looked behind chairs, pulling out each one he could. A small frown was on his face as he searched, cursing under his breath as he tripped over something. Looking back at what he tripped on, he realized it wasn’t really a what. It was a thing. A hand, to be exact—sticking out from under a table.

You stood behind Suga as he crouched down, grabbing the hand that he had so carelessly stumbled over. Realizing that it was connected to something, he yanked on the hand, slowly pulling out whoever it was. It took a few yanks to get a good amount of whoever it was out; the person was either dead, knocked out, or just didn’t feel like trying. 

You caught a glimpse of the person’s hair, your mouth gaping open as soon as you recognized that unique orange.

“Aw hell,” Suga mumbled, standing up and fully pulling Taehyung out from under the table. Taehyung was definitely unconscious, Suga’s struggle made it more than noticeable. It looked as if Suga was dragging a dead body out, a small line of blood being created from a some sort of injury on Taehyung’s head as Suga pulled him out into the light.

“Jungkook!” Suga called out, rolling Taehyung over onto his back. Tapping Taehyung’s face, Suga began to check for some sort of pulse. He let out an angry sigh, shaking his head before tapping Taehyung’s cheeks once more. He pushed Taehyung’s hair back, and noticed a rather large gash at the corner of his forehead.

You looked up, seeing Jungkook run into the room. Jungkook looked at you tilting his head before looking to Suga. Jungkook opened his mouth to speak, but then Hoseok came running in.

“What’s the problem?” Hoseok asked, jogging into view. He froze in his steps, his jaw dropping as he laid eyes on you.

Your hair was messy, your neck and collarbone littered with hickeys. Your shirt was being held closed by you, some of your lipstick smudged. His face turned to a smile as he looked over at Suga, whose hair was also ruffled around, and who had small claw marks on the side of his neck and arms.

Hoseok tapped his foot on the floor, trying to find the right words to use. By right words, though, he was trying to find ones that didn’t involve screaming and hollering. He bit his lip, eventually finding just the right thing to say.

“Were you two…?” Hoseok asked, a small smile on his face.

Suga looked at you as you frantically shook your head, as Hoseok staring down at you with angry eyes. Suga looked back over to Hoseok, tensing up as soon as Hoseok took a step forward.

Hoseok let out a small sigh, shaking his head as he rubbed his temples.

“That’s the last time I ever let someone get so close,” he mumbled, his eyes locked on you.

Waving a finger at the two of you, Hoseok laughed.

“If I ever see you two again, I won’t hesitate to kill you.”

Hoseok let out one more laugh before walking away, shaking his head as he did so.

“Ohhh _____, if only you knew!” he chimed, exiting the building.

As the door slammed shut, you felt your heart drop. You looked down at the floor, taking a seat in one of the chairs as Jungkook scrambled over to Taehyung, giving directions to Suga. You could feel Suga’s eyes on you as he worked, Suga eventually leaving with Taehyung and Jungkook.

After Taehyung was patched up and situated, Jungkook came back out to where you sat, head in your hands.

“So, you’re going to be staying here for a while,” he said, trying his best to not make things awkward. “So I’m going to show you to your room…?”

You wiped your eyes, pushing your hair out of your face before standing up and following Jungkook to goodness only knows where. As he led you up to the second floor of Triptych, you saw Hoseok and Suga clearing everybody out of the club. You kept your eyes on Hoseok as long as you could before Jungkook directed you to the left.

Jungkook lead you down another hallway, opening the door at the far end of it. He let you inside, watching as you looked around.

“So this is where you’re gonna be sleeping.” He stated, letting out a sigh. “Any questions?”

“Do you have any clothes I could borrow? Or something you could buy?” you asked, taking a seat on the small bed. Jungkook sighed loudly, looking down the hall before turning back to you.

“I’ll buy you something. I don’t want Hoseok seeing you in any of my clothes.”

As Jungkook walked away, you heard him mumble something under your breath.

“I don’t know what he’d do to me if he saw you in my clothes.”

The door shut, leaving you in silence. You got up from the bed, walking towards the door. You let out a deep breath, locking the door as quickly as you could, turning off the lights and plopping yourself back down on the bed.

Words couldn’t describe how horrible you felt at this point.

_____

You flinched as you heard the doorknob being jiggled around, groaning softly before getting up and walking to the door. You stood a good distance away from it to make whoever it was think you weren’t there, but you stood close enough to hear what they were saying.

Three heavy knocks on your door, following by more knob jiggling.

“_____ open up! I have your clothes!”

Jungkook.

You crossed your arms after closing your shirt again, making it as tight as possible.

“, come on! Open up- no one else is here!” Jungkook yelled, knocking on your door again. You stepped towards the door, unlocking it slowly and opening it just a crack. Before Jungkook could push the door open you reached your arm out, snatched the clothes, and shut the door, relocking it as quickly as you could. 

“Hey!” he yelled, knocking at your door again. Took your mangled shirt off taking a look at what Jungkook had gotten you; a black hoodie and a pair of grey sweatpants. Once more another pair of undergarments was supplied. You sighed, changing out of your ‘tainted’ clothes and into the new ones, tossing the old ones in the corner of the room.

You flipped the hood up, crawling onto your bed and hugged the pillow, taking some time to do some thinking.

__________

Three soft taps at your door were heard.

“_____, open up. It’s Jungkook.”

You ignored him.

Three more taps.

“I have food for you, you gotta eat.”

Without saying anything, you raised your hand to the door, flipping it off secretly.

“_____, I know you’re not sleeping.”

You shut your eyes, internally begging for him to go away. He continued knocking and talking for a good ten minutes, finally giving up with a heavy sigh.

“If you want to eat just come by my room. It’s right across yours, okay?”

Without words you nodded, letting out a soft sigh as you adjusted your position on the bed, one leg now hanging off of it.

“I’m leaving now…” he stated. You heard his footsteps go away, hearing another door open and close. You listened for any more footsteps, covering your face with your hands as soon as you knew it was safe.

You kicked around in your bed, huffing loudly as you did. You stopped immediately when you heard a knock on the wall that connected yours, and somebody else’s room.

“Hey, stop being so loud. I’m trying to get some sleep here, Jungkook.”

You lifted your head up, your heart breaking. Jungkook must have switched your room and his room, putting you in the room next to Hoseok. Whether it was on purpose or on accident, you didn’t care. Now you couldn’t flail around to stop the tears from threatening to fall.

__________

The next morning, someone knocked at your door. Your eyes opened slowly, the hood of your hoodie covering half of your face. You pushed it back, running your hands through your hair before swinging your legs out of the bed. Wait.

You exhaled deeply, feeling extremely discouraged. You flipped your hood back on and rolled back into your bed, wrapping your arms around your pillow once more.

“How long are you going to keep yourself locked in here?” you heard Jungkook ask. He tried to wiggle the doorknob around, knocking again when he realized it was still locked. “You have to eat, _____.”

Ignoring his words once more, you put the pillow over your head, trying to drown out his words.

“If you don’t eat by tomorrow I’m kicking this door down.”

With no further knocks or words, Jungkook was off. You exhaled loudly, removing your head from under your pillow before punching the fluffy little thing mercilessly until you were too tired to do so anymore.

You huffed, throwing the pillow on the floor like a child having a tantrum before falling back on your bed. Your stomach growled, but you ignored it. You didn’t want to eat, but your stomach did. You felt too sick to eat but your stomach thought otherwise.

You grabbed your pillow off the floor, moving to a small corner in the room. You wedged yourself in the corner, hugging the pillow and resting your head on it before going into deep thought.

Once more that night Jungkook came around, this time only knocking once. He told you he had food, knocked again, didn’t get a response, and left.

You stretched your legs out, letting your head rest on the wall, embracing sleep once more.

__________

“Wakey wakey!”

That’s what you woke up to. It wasn’t Jungkook’s normal voice—It was Taehyungs. As curious as you were, you stayed on the floor, frowning at how Taehyung was jiggling your doorknob.

“You know _____, I’m a kidnapper. I pick locks to get to my people if need be.” Taehyung mentioned, letting out a small laugh when hearing your door unlock. Your eyes widened as the door opened, Taehyung stepping to the side and letting Jungkook in.

He carried a tray of food, his eyebrows raised as he walked over to you.

“You’re going to eat even if I have to force you to.”

You looked away from him, using the pillow to cover your face.

“I guess you want to do this the hard way?” Jungkook asked, setting the tray on the floor. He his teeth, shaking his head and ripping the pillow away from you, tossing it out of the door.

“Okay,” he started, sitting down on the floor with you. “We have apple juice or water, a honeybun, and I think—yeah. A bag of Cheetos. It’s not much but we’re kind of hiding out for right now,” he said with a chuckle.

“Which do you want to start with?” he asked, leaning in.

“None of them.” You replied, looking to the side.

“Ahhh, wrong answer.”

Jungkook picked up the honeybun, unwrapping it and taking off a small piece.

“Open up or I’ll do it for you,” he cooed menacingly, inching closer and closer to you. You covered your mouth, hoping that that would stop him, but it didn’t. Using his free hand he grabbed the hand that was covering your mouth, quickly shoving the piece of bun in your mouth before you could cover your mouth with the other hand.

“Don’t you dare spit it out!” Jungkook yelled, using his hand to cover up your mouth.

You heard footsteps coming down the hall as you refused to eat what Jungkook forcibly gave you. Using his other hand Jungkook grabbed your chin.

“Up and down, _____, up and down.” He said loudly as if you were a kindergartner.

You looked out of your door, seeing Hoseok peeking in. As soon as you saw his face you began kicking at Jungkook, Jungkook yelling at you as you grabbed his arms and tried to tug him away.

You closed your eyes, finally giving up. Instead of kicking him away you would use him as a shield from Hoseok’s eyes—you pulled Jungkook closer to you lowering you head and removing Jungkook’s hand from your mouth.

Jungkook turned around, waving to Hoseok.

“Don’t mind us, just having breakfast!” Jungkook exclaimed, picking up the honeybun package.

Finally, you lost it. You let out a small whine, feeling tears prick at your eyes. You turned your head to the side, spitting out what Jungkook had shoved into your mouth before scrunching up into a ball to protect yourself.

“Hey!” Jungkook yelled, pulling at your arms. “I told you not to spit that out!” He finally got one arm away, staring at you intensely as tears streamed down your face.

“You haven’t eaten in days, _____! Just eat the damn honeybun!” he lectured, loud enough for the whole gang to hear, but more importantly, for Hoseok to hear.

“What do you mean she hasn’t eaten in days?” Hoseok asked, stepping into the room.

“She had her damn door locked, wouldn’t talk to me, wouldn’t open the door to even grab the food, nothing!”

You pulled Jungkook closer to you, resting your forehead on his back to try to keep Hoseok’s eyes off of you.

“Jungkook, can you leave us alone for a little bit?” Hoseok asked, taking a seat on your bed. Jungkook nodded, having to physically pull you off of him before he left.

“First you didn’t want me in, and now you don’t want me to go,” Jungkook mumbled, grabbing the apple juice off your tray. “Hope you don’t like apple juice.” Was his final remark as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Now it was you and Hoseok. Alone. In one room. Together.

You picked up your pillow, shoving your face into it and backing yourself further into your little corner.

“_____.”

You kept your face hidden.

You heard Hoseok sigh, standing up and moving next to you. He slid down the wall, his leg bumping yours as he sat.

“_____, listen to me. Take your head out of the pillow.”

You removed your face from the pillow, but kept your eyes on the floor.

“Look at me.”

Slowly, you pulled your eyes towards his, immediately feeling the judgement and scorn he had for you.

“You need to stay healthy,” he said, picking up the water bottle. He unscrewed the cap, handing it to you.

“Why do you even care?” you asked, your voice hoarse from not talking. “You said the next time you saw me you’d kill me.”

Hoseok shook his head, watching as you held the bottle in your hands.

“Drink it.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Why not?”

You turned your head away from Hoseok, setting the water bottle on the floor before looking back at him.

“Why haven’t you killed me yet?”

Hoseok sat still, moving his eyes away from you and onto the wall in front of him. He shifted in his spot, letting out a breath of air.

“I could never bring myself to do that.”

You frowned at his words, that response never coming to mind. You had thoughts of things like “I’m busy,” or “I haven’t found the right time” or “I’m still planning,”, but definitely not that he just couldn’t find the strength or heart to kill you.

You looked down at your feet, hiding your hands inside your sleeves.  You felt Hoseok’s arm wrap around your shoulder, a small kiss placed on your cheek before he stood up. He slid the tray of food to you, a smile on his face.

“I thought we had something good, but, all good things must come to an end.”

Hoseok exited the room, carefully shutting the door behind him.

You let out a shaky breath, glancing down at the food in front of you. You looked at the door, back to the food, and then back to the door. Hastily you grabbed the water bottle and dug right into the bag of Cheetos, your eyes on the door the entire time.

__________

You were slowly starting to fall asleep; it had to be somewhere around 11 or 12 in the night at this point. You still felt absolutely horrible. The words Hoseok left you with kept running through your head over and over, that solemn tone of his drilling holes in your heart.

Standing up you exited your room, shutting the door behind you quietly. You tiptoed to Hoseok’s room, slowly turning the knob—it was unlocked and you were able to quietly sneak in, shutting the door behind you.

You shuffled across the floor silently, taking little steps and running your hands across the wall to find somewhere clear to sit. Once you found somewhere, you slid down the wall, crossing your legs. You let out a quiet breath, hoping that you wouldn’t wake him up. But doing this is the only way you would be able to act remotely normal around him.

“Hoseok, I have no clue why I did that,” you whispered, looking down at your legs. “Suga was the one who stuck with me back there with Jimin and we were both just so excited about saving a life and…” You closed your eyes, shaking your head.

“We both had the adrenaline pumping and I have no clue why I thought doing what I did was a way to get it out.”

You rubbed your eyes, having trouble getting your words out.

“I never meant for that to happen it’s just,” you choked on your words, covering your eyes and mouth to prevent Hoseok from waking up. You let out a shaky sigh, continuing.

“It’s just that-”

“You didn’t mean for that to happen?”

You looked over to Hoseok’s bed, seeing him sitting up to turn on the lamp by his bed. His hair was messed up, his eyes half closed with the smallest of grins on his face.

You nodded, feeling a small tear run down your face. You wiped it away quickly, not wanting Hoseok to see that you were crying over this, but sadly he saw.

“You’re sorry?” he asked, rubbing his eyes. You nodded once more, standing up against the wall. There was an awkward pause as you sighed, trying to regain your cool.

“Can I sleep with you?” you asked timidly, not sure if he would deny you. You weren’t sure what sharing a bed with him would do- but the words came out of your mouth faster than your mind could comprehend or stop them

He held his chin, giving you a small smile.

“Did you eat all your food?”

“Yes.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

Hoseok nodded his head, scooting to the side and pulling back the covers, patting the open space. Happily you crawled in next to him, Hoseok lying down on his back and getting comfortable before you went and did anything. As soon as he stopped moving, you put one arm over him and held him tightly, resting your head on the side of his chest.

Shifting around a little, Hoseok put an arm around your waist, kissing the top of your forehead before going back to sleep.