another sequel

Insurgent

Hi~

Yes, I'm still around. Sorry that I haven't updated my other fics for a long time.

When I started to work on my fics again last month, I found it hard to write the way I used to be after not writing for almost a year.

So I decide to do a warm up by writing another sequel to this fic because plot-wise, this fic is the lightest, the easiest to write for me.


Both Jonghyun and Taemin were so nervous today. Yes, today was the day they finally get their exam results.

When their teacher started handing out their papers, Jonghyun let out a huge sigh of relief and stealthily texted Jinki from under his desk because he just couldn’t wait until lunch break.

On the opposite, Taemin cursed under his breath the moment his eyes landed on the score and his cursing continued on the lunch break and only stopped after Jonghyun warned him about Minho’s minions.

 

“It’s okay dude, we still have so many exams ahead.”

“It’s two score away, two ing score for me to pass!”

“, Taemin, keep it down. You said it yourself that anyone can be Minho’s spies right now.” Jonghyun hissed.

“I don’t ing care.”

Jonghyun knew this Taemin. Jonghyun also knew the only thing that could cool him down when he was extremely pissed off, this level of pissed off. “All right, let’s just go to the rooftop and calm you down -“

“Watch out!”

Right after the warning, something hit Taemin so hard the poor boy lost his balance and hit the ground. Jonghyun failed to catch him because it was happening so fast.

Taemin groaned loudly, holding one of his arm that just got hit by the soccer ball. “, what happened?” Jonghyun bent over to check on his friend and helped him get on his feet.

They were walking back to the building to get to the rooftop. By walking back, it meant walking next to the school’s field where another class seemed to have a soccer match after their PE session.

“Stupid bunch of -“ Taemin halted his curse when he saw a familiar figure running to his direction. Jonghyun followed his eyes and saw Choi Minho approaching them with concerned look.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry we don’t -“

“ off.”

“He’s meaning to say that he’s okay and apology accepted. Now why don’t you go get your ball and back on the field? I’m going to tend on the damage you just caused.” Jonghyun grinned and dragged his friend away before things got complicated.

 

 

“You can apply for their tutorial program, you know” Jonghyun popped the idea carefully, wanting to be helpful without pissing Taemin even more.

Taemin didn’t respond and lit up another cigarette instead. Nicotine had been the most effective cure for the pair when they had a rough day at school. They smuggled it in and kept it hidden at the rooftop. They had been very careful not to get caught by anyone.

“I don’t know man, haven’t thought about it. But isn’t it too much? You get to enjoy it just because you get that nerd as your tutor. Otherwise, I doubt you could endure it.”

“I can still talk to Jinki. Who knows Minho can actually be your tutor or if it’s not possible, maybe he can pick someone for you. Just give it a try.”

Jonghyun felt his phone vibrating, showing a next text message from Jinki.

“Are you done? Jinki is asking if I can meet him which I’m going to say yes.”

Taemin rolled his eyes. “Go first, I’ll catch up with you.”

“Nah, I’m not leaving you alone. God knows what you might be doing or saying if you’re off on your own. Come on Taem, lunch break is almost over.”

Jonghyun inhaled his cigarette one last time before standing up from the ground, snatching the one on Taemin’s hand and throwing it in the least visible place.

Jonghyun had texted Jinki to meet them in front of the lab near their class and he agreed. He couldn’t hide his smile on their way, making Taemin want to punch his silly face.

 

 

“Hi there” Jonghyun greeted Jinki with the widest grin Taemin ever seen.

Jinki greeted and smiled back at Jonghyun. “Hello to you to too, Taemin” Jinki said as he realised Taemin wasn’t looking as good as usual.

“Please ignore him. He isn’t here.” Jonghyun replied on behalf of Taemin whom blatantly ignored Jinki.

“That works for me.”

Jinki smiled at the cute banter between the two. “I’m so happy when I read your text. You did well, Jonghyun. And you too, Taemin.”

“Didn’t we agree that I’m not here?” Taemin snapped, leaving Jinki surprised with his hostile reply.

“No mean words to Jinki!” Jonghyun warned. ”Ugh, Taemin didn’t pass, just two point short, and got hit by soccer ball over the lunch break thanks to your friend which are enough to turn him into a walking satan. Before he can do anymore harm to you, let’s just head back to our classes and see you after school at my house?”

“Do you want to join the tutorial program?” Jinki politely asked.

“Jinki, we can talk about this later -“

“Well, if you really want to play nice, what about inviting me to your tutorial session, nerd?”

“What?! No”

“I don’t mind tutoring for both of you.”

“What? No! Wait, Jinki, no! You can’t!”

“You’re the one who suggested me to join the tutorial program. Now I do so shut up.”

“I said talking to Jinki to get you a tutor, not asking Jinki to be your tutor nor sharing my tutorial session with you.” Jonghyun had gone hysteric at the idea of sharing his precious tutoring moment with Taemin.

Taemin was about to say something but got saved by the bell.

Jonghyun was about to throw a fit of not going to the class before they resolved this.

Jinki was so done with them he promised Jonghyun he would think of another way to help Taemin without messing their private study session so they could all attend their classes.

“I can agree to that. See you after school, Jinki” Jonghyun grinned. Taemin already on his way to the class.

“Jonghyun…” Jinki called out. Jonghyun stopped and turned around. “Yes?”

Jinki took a few steps to him before whispering “Smoking at school ground is strongly prohibited. It’s a serious offense.”

Jonghyun stunned.

“I’ll turn a blind eye to the two of you this time. But I don’t think I would do the same next time.”

 

 

Since he wasn’t going to join Jonghyun’s tutoring session, Taemin parted way with Jonghyun right after he tipped him off that Jinki knew they smoke. He was walking aimlessly on the school’s backyard when he felt a hand grabbed his injured arm.

“Hey”

It was Choi Minho.

“Doing a second check on my arm, Mr. President?”

“No, I’m here to give you a warning for swearing.”

“Ah…” Taemin recalled he swore on Minho’s face the afternoon. “I got it. You done now?”

Minho sighed. “I know the reason behind your foul mood today, Taemin.”

“That nerd must learn to shut his mouth.”

“Let’s go grab a coffee.”

“Ha, did you just ask me out on a date?”

“I didn’t but I did ask you out for a coffee. Just a coffee.”

“If I know a coffee date would be the compensation for getting hit by a ball, then I don’t mind getting hit everyday.”

 

 

“Is your arm okay?” Minho asked when they finally sat down at the corner of a coffee shop near their school.

“It hurts but I can handle the pain, I’m not that weak.” Taemin said as he sipped his hot chocolate.

“Let me see.”

“What about you check it out at a more private place like inside your car or my room?”

“Taemin…”

Taemin chuckled upon Minho’s defeated look. “Just kidding, don’t worry about my arm. Like you said, I’m not in my best mood so I gotta go before I snap at you.”

“I’m not done, Taemin.”

“Minho, I know you like spending time with me, so much more than I do, but really I gotta go. It’s for your own good.”

“I know what you did with Jonghyun this afternoon.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Smoking is a serious offense, Taemin. Since when you’ve been doing this?”

“Did you see me smoking?”

“Taemin, stop being difficult.”

“So what now? You’re going to rat me out to the teachers?”

“No, I want you to stop. It’s not good for your health.”

Taemin wasn’t expecting it.

“About your test, you did well, Taemin. You may failed but your grade is up. Jinki has agreed to do another tutoring session for you and I’m working on clearing out his schedule from school council’s work.”

Taemin wasn’t expecting that one, either.

“It’s my brother’s birthday this Saturday. We’re going to throw a small party for him and you’re invited.” He stopped to check on his phone. “Sorry but I gotta go. My phone has been vibrating non stop since we got here.” Minho raised from his seat, grabbing his cup. “I hope you can come to the party.” He gently ruffled Taemin’s hair before making his way out of the shop, leaving Taemin alone and dumbfounded. But soon after, a smile finally graced his face.

He had come to terms that he liked this good boy game a lot.


I will be working on That Man's Child and After You soon.

Thank you