Sequel

Insurgent

A random sequel for you guys. Please forgive me for not updating That Man's Child since forever.

Enjoy.


It would be a huge lie if Jonghyun said he wasn’t nervous about the tutorial session. He was nervous yet excited about the idea of spending two good hours alone with his long-time crush in his room. Yes, it would be in his room, not the living room or the dull study room his dad had set up for him – to encourage him to do well on his study, his poor dad said. But he wanted to show Jinki what kind of person he was, that was why he picked his room.

He stopped his trail of thought when he saw Jinki coming. He grinned so wide it reached his ears when Jinki got into his car.

“I’m sorry it took longer than expected.” He apologized.

“It’s okay,” Jonghyun replied, still grinning like an idiot while openly staring at Jinki.

“So… are we going to stay here?”

“Ah, that’s… yes, we should get going,” Jinki shook his head on Jonghyun’s silliness but still smiled a little because he thought Jonghyun was cute.

 

When they entered Jonghyun’s room, Jinki immediately wondered if it was the best place to study. He screened the room and didn’t see any table or study lamp or anything that could support their study session.

“Wait here, I’m gonna get my books.” Jonghyun said as he left for his study room to grab some books, leaving Jinki in his stupor. Jinki didn’t like this if he could be honest. So when Jonghyun was back with a stack of book in his hands, Jinki asked if they could do it in other rooms, with a table and chairs or just a table would suffice but Jonghyun shook his head.

“But I want to do it here, Jinki.” And Jinki couldn’t say no.

Jonghyun was lying on his stomach with an open book in front of him when Jinki trying to explain how to solve a math problem because Jonghyun had an upcoming math test and barely understood anything in class. However, Jonghyun didn’t make it easy for Jinki as he was too often caught staring at Jinki’s face and he didn’t look like he had the slightest will to understand the math problem in front of him.

“Jonghyun, I don’t think this is an effective way for you to study.”

Jonghyun looked up and frowned, “uh?”

“I don’t think you can learn anything if all you do is lying on your bed and staring at me.”

“You want me to sit?” Jonghyun immediately sat up and looked at Jinki, waiting for him to continue. Jinki heaved a sigh knowing that this would be impossible.

“I think we need a table where you can sit up straight because it will help you to concentrate better. You’re too distracted to focus on –“

“What about we take a break, Jinki? Maybe I’m too worn out from school to study,” Jonghyun suggested and Jinki automatically translated it as ‘it’s flirting time’ because he kinda had an idea of what Jonghyun was up to.

“Alright, if that helps you with your study then let’s take a fifteen minute break.”

“Great!” Jonghyun clasped his hand and jumped out of his bed. “Jinki, do you like wearing T-shirts?” Jonghyun asked as he made his way to open the door to his walk-in closet. “I have a huge collection of T-shirts and I don’t mind sharing with you!”

Jinki was startled at Jonghyun’s 180 degree shift of attitude as soon as Jinki announced a break time which led Jinki into thinking if being Jonghyun’s tutor was the right thing to do because he sensed that he wouldn’t be any help to Jonghyun’s academic performance.

“Jinki, come here! Come on!” Jonghyun shouted from inside the wardrobe. Jinki slowly rose from his spot and took hesitate steps to the wardrobe.

It was a lie if he said he wasn’t in awe upon seeing Jonghyun’s wonderful walk-in closet because he would never get that kind of wardrobe and Jonghyun was contented when he saw Jinki's amazed face at the sight of his glorious closet. Jonghyun picked a random T-shirt and shoved it to Jinki “I think you would look great in this. Come on, try it on.” Jonghyun urged.

“Jonghyun, I think this is… I don’t think so… I’m –“

“You haven’t even tried it Jinki.” Jonghyun grabbed Jinki by his hand and pushed him into the changing room – yes, his walk-in closet had that too. When Jinki came out a minutes later with the T-shirt on, Jonghyun’s eyes went wide and he nodded in approval. “See? You look great in it.” Honestly, anything Jinki wore looked good in Jonghyun’s eyes because it was Jinki. Jinki was the living version of perfection in his eyes and nothing would make Jinki look bad.

“Well, it’s a nice T-shirt.”

“You can keep it.” Jonghyun said.

“What? No!” Jinki immediately took it off, forgetting that he wore nothing under the T-shirt and Jonghyun mindlessly stared on Jinki’s milky stomach and blushed so hard he had to look down to hide it.

“Oh, sorry.” Jinki apologized as soon as he realized what he had done.

“Put it back on, Jinki. You look great on it.” Jonghyun said shyly, eyes still staring down the floor.

Jinki quietly wore the T-shirt again, “Isn’t it too much? I mean, we barely know each other and you give me this. I heard you like your T-shirts so much.”

Jonghyun looked up and smiled, “No, I want to share with you. From now on, we’re friends! You’re free to take anything you want here! Don’t mind it too much.”

Again, Jinki smiled a little because he thought Jonghyun was cute, for the second time of the day. He also noted that Jonghyun could change from a shy boy into an eager puppy in split second was cute too.

“Do you want another T-shirt?” Jonghyun started screening his T-shirt collection to decide which one he should gave away but Jinki stopped him.

“Jonghyun, thanks but I’m good with just one.”

“Ah, if only Taemin has the same manner as you…” he muttered.

“Huh?”

“Ah, nothing.” Jonghyun shrugged.

“What’s with Taemin?” Jinki inquired. He was always curious about Jonghyun and Taemin’s friendship, simply because they were giving headaches for the council.

“That little is shameless, you should know that. As soon as his eyes catch a stuff he likes, he takes it home with him.”

“You guys are very close, I see.”

Jonghyun was silent for a moment, “We’re close but not like that, though! We’re just friends.”

Jinki chuckled at Jonghyun’s silly response and added “I wasn’t thinking that you two were close in a romantic way. You must have forgotten that I know that Taemin likes Minho.”

The realization hit Jonghyun hard and he could only smile sheepishly.

“I never know Taemin has a crush on him and the fact that he is being a big rebel just for the sake of Minho’s attention is out of my mind.”

“It’s not as out-of-mind as you may think. If Taemin wasn’t being a little like he is now, why in the world people like Minho would notice him?”

Jinki couldn’t say anything back because Jonghyun was right, there was no way they would know the two if they were to act like normal students. “What about you?”

Jonghyun turned around as he heard the question. “What about you Jonghyun? Why are you… you know… not being the normal student?”

Jonghyun smirked when an idea popped on his mind. He took steps closer to Jinki and when he got close enough, he stared deep into his eyes and said what he wanted to said out loud. “Because I like you, don’t you get it?” and he was beyond satisfied when Jinki couldn’t say a word.

“You know the game Taemin is playing with Minho right now? The be a good boy and get the reward game?” Jonghyun said as he stepped back and made his way back to his room. “I think that’s a good move from the council to handle us. I don’t mind playing that game too, Jinki. Like if I pass the math test, I get to see a movie with you again. What do you say about that? I think it would help me to focus on the lesson better.”

If he thought he wasn’t going to be any help for Jonghyun’s academic problem, now he thought Jonghyun wasn’t going to be any help for his school life from now on.

“Come on, Jinki! Break is over and I’m in a very good mood for studying.”

 

“What the you’re doing here?” Taemin glared at him when Jonghyun told him to come to the library.

“Studying! For math test.”

“Did you lose your mind? You don’t ing study for test, you brain couldn’t afford that.”

“Shut up and join me. You know what, I’m playing this good boy game with Jinki too. But I’m the one who proposed this, not the other way around. I’m gonna get a movie date if I pass this. So I recommend you, my friend, to join me and see what Choi ing Minho would do when he finds out that you pass the test.”

“And the nerd ing agree to this? Is he an idiot?”

“Nah, it’s more like I force him into the game.” Jonghyun grinned. “Agree or not, I’m still dragging him to movie if I pass.”

“If you pass

“I’m going to ace this and earn Jinki, you better follow my path.”

Taemin seemed to be convinced so he sat down and took a book from the piles of books stacked in front Jonghyun.

They were a moment of silent before Taemin broke into a confession, “I think I forget how to study” and Jonghyun couldn’t be more frustrated toward his friend.