Crayon and Friends

JeTi Cracks and Fluff

 

Jeti Cracks and Fluff
JUJUNGIE'S JETI SHOTS COLLECTION 

Crayon and Friends.
CHAPTER ONE


Genre: Fluff 
Rating: G
Type: One-shot

Summary: 5 year old Tiffany being 5 year old Tiffany as she names her crayons. Each crayon having a different personality, name, way of talking and importance as well as their meaning. And a 6 year old Jessica who’s oblivious to the screams of the crayons she’s been using.
 


 

A dandy bright morning it was in a nursery down the block and there was a cute little kid who was clad in a pink dress, hair in a ponytail as a ribbon was attached to it, carrying her backpack that was not surprisingly in the color of pink, smiling her best while waving vigorously at her soon to be playmates.

 

“Hello! I’m Fany Fany Tiffany!” She enthusiastically greeted bouncing up and down clapping her hands at the process, which every caretaker found extremely adorable for a 5 year old. She lightly chuckled and in the corner of her eye, she saw a little girl, probably the same of her age in a yellow bunny suit who was sitting, more like hiding, in the corner.

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow, flared with curiosity and before she could flee off to the bunny, her daddy took a hold of her hand. “Tiffany, what time would you go home?” he asked testing if his daughter was listening to everything he said while on their way because as far as he can remember while he was driving attentively, Tiffany was just humming a nursery rhyme, which proved she wasn't paying attention.

 

“3pm. When the big hand is on the twelve and small one on the 3.” Tiffany quickly said while her eyes were still glued to the girl. Her father was a little taken aback that Tiffany knew.
 

“What would you say if you meet someone?” 
 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Tiffany.”
 

“What are you not supposed to say?”
 

“You’re ugly.” 

One occassion that happened was when Tiffany was casually said the phrase because she thought it means the other way around which was "you're beautiful", but then later she found out that she was a victim of another ruthless prank by her cousins.
 

Her dad beamed a light smile and sent her to the playroom where the bunny kid was at. “Okay then. Go ahead and play alright, remember, no saying “you’re ugly” to anyone alright?” Tiffany kissed her daddy goodbye and she immediately fled of to meet the girl, anxious of what her personality was like.

 

——
 

“Why are you in a yellow bunny suit?”

 

The girl suddenly flushed and turned red, quickly taking a book and buried her face in it to prevent Tiffany to take the chance to talk to her. Tiffany then lightly laughed, “It’s upside down.” She chuckled, and if possible, the kid’s face was even redder than it already was.

 

“Nice to meet you I’m Tiffany.” The kid peeked through her book to look at Tiffany, who was sending out a mega-watt smile that could keep a city from having a blackout. “Jessica” she quickly said before hiding yet again, it wasn't her fault that she was forced to be in a costume.

 

“So, Jessica mind telling me why—
 

“My mom said it would boost my confidence, because I would look cute.” She shyly said.

 

Hearing this, Tiffany then bursts out laughing clutching her stomach.


Jessica would just like to dig a hole at the moment, she made a big huff and turned her back to Tiffany while murmuring some incoherent words that she managed to jumble out. 

 

After laughing for a good minute, Tiffany took notice of Jessica’s actions.


She poked her, but the bunny still was unfazed, not to mention, pouting.


“Jessica.” Tiffany cooed but Jessica still was crossing her arms. 


“Jessica~” she sang, poking her in the process, “Jessica please forgive Fany Fany Tiffany? I'll tell daddy to buy you ice cream?” She apologized while showcasing her puppy dog face that no one could resist in any way.

 

Then Jessica forgot why she was angry in the first place, not because of the dessert that was tempting for everyone but because of the pair of eyes that were shining in the light, pleading for forgiveness.


——
 

Tiffany was sitting down next to Jessica who was busy building blocks, an idea popped up, since it was pretty boring to just watch the blonde without even minding her, she zipped open her backpack and took a set of crayons.

 

You see, in Tiffany’s perspective, these aren’t just a set of crayons, these were her sister like friends. The yellow one was Hyoyeon, Hyoyeon has the personality that everyone likes because of her sense of humor, Sunny was the purple crayon, leader-wise, you can say she’s on top, after Taeyeon, the one in the shade of blue whose bottom was chopped of because of the ridges the box had, making her shorter than the others. The red on was seohyun, was a little uptight at some moments hence the orange crayon, Yuri, was always reprimanded along with Sooyoung, the indigo one.  There was another crayon that Tiffany took care of, a crayon named Yoona, the prettiest of them all for she hadn’t had a single scratch, but one day on the beach she accidentaly dropped Yoona without her knowing, it was hard at first, but later on, her daddy said Yoona was in a better place now, which Tiffany seemed to understand.

 

“Sooyoung. What did I say about bullying Taeyeon because she’s short?” Tiffany whispered to the indigo innocent crayon, who replied an apology in her imagination.


Tiffany just stared at sooyoung, contemplating whether to forgive her or not, but after a few seconds or so, she just let her off the hook, "Okay, I'll let you off this time, but if this happens again, you'll go to the pencilcase."  the crayon said approved and vowed to never break the first rule again, and being in good terms again, Tiffany took them all out of the crayon box.


They were all in organized in the set of their height, Tiffany eyed them all and started counting, doubting that maybe she dropped another crayon, turns out everyone was present and with a grin on her face she took the red and blue, then the both of them had their daily conversations, like asking if somebody got injured when they were in the tinsy winsy box, or joking around, maybe gossiping too. 


"What do you think of Jessica?" Tiffany asked sunny, and after a few minutes, she spoke again, replying to Sunny's answer, "Really? I think Jessica's nice too, even though she's shy I think she would be a very nice friend." 

"How about you, Sooyoung?"

"What is that you say? You think Jessica's an ice princess? Hey! No she isn't!"

"What do you mean bad? She isn't bad yuri! She's just shy, that's all. I could be shy too! But that doesn't mean I'm bad."

"Okay, fine, Taeyeon. Maybe she's ignoring me, but she's building blocks, so it means she doesn't want to talk to someone."

Before she could further have a chat with her friends, she felt an uncomfortable feeling at the pit of her stomach, “I need to tinkle, no one moves okay?” she murmured as she placed the box on the table and made a run to the bathroom, leaving the crayons behind, which would later on be a regret.
 

——


“Teacher! Do you have a box of—“ Jessica started off but then her gaze landed on Tiffany’s crayons, “Oh. Nevermind.” She waved off her teacher and skipped towards the innocent box, she took the yellow one and started to obliviously color the sun while humming a song.

After the yellow, she took the red, to finish of the fireman hat, the indigo for the shoes, orange for the orange juice, and colored as much as she made the coloring book full of the colors.

If Tiffany were here right now she'll probably have a heart attack, and the crayons would be screaming already.
 

——
 

After the short bathroom break, Tiffany straightened her dress to be presentable and went inside of the playroom once again. Going back to her original seat, which was beside Jessica, she noticed that the crayon were no longer in her sight, her eyes then widened and glanced left to  right finding her most precious friends. In the bound of tears, she hear her seatmate call her name,

The said girl turned around and proudly showed the colored book, “Tiffany! Look, I finished the book by using your crayons!”
 

Tiffany couldn’t move.
Stoned as a rock.
Mouth a gap


Jessica just used all the eight crayons.

She. Used. Them. All.

 

And Tiffany squealed like she never squealed before

 

“Ouch, now my ears hurt.” Jessica pouted closing her ears, Tiffany then looked at the crayons, their heads weren’t pointy anymore, it was dull and rounded, the wrapper was slightly tweaked, making it unpleasant to look at, and worst of all, Seohyun, the red one and youngest of them all, was broken into two pieces.

 

Tiffany went closer to Seohyun, palming the red crayon and staring at it with tears in her eyes, seeing the crayons to her was like how people would see the world war, everyone was injured and one died.

 

“You killed Seohyun.” She whispered, placing Seohyun on the box as if it was the coffin.
 

“Seohyun?”
 

“The red crayon.”

 

Jessica was suddenly taken aback as she saw Tiffany was crying, she didn’t mean to break the crayon, but when some was about to play with Tiffany’s toys, she shoved them away and received a small push, causing her to fall down and crush the poor crayon.
 

“I’m… sorry. Are you… mad?” Jessica lightly asked as she went and duck her head to match Tiffany’s face level.
 

Tiffany said nothing, still sulking, though they weren't broken, well except for Seohyun I guess, they weren't close to perfect anymore, but even so, the important thing is that they weren't gone and was still there, which made Tiffany feel better a little. But Judging on how Tiffany looks like, Jessica felt even more guilty because she was shedding tears, she didn’t know what to do, she didn't know that the crayons were important to Tiffany because maybe the girl didn't tell her in the first place, but then again she shouldn't touch other's things, which made her go to the bad side.

She was about to give up, until a light bulb popped in her head. To Jessica, The idea was hard to do, so she was quite hesitant, but still, she gave it a try, “Do you want to see a yellow bunny hop?” she asked hoping the girl would say yes and cheer up with the thought she came up with.
 

Thought Tiffany didn't say anything, Jessica, despite being embarrassed, hopped and hopped while her arms were in front like a bunny while wagging her tail. She knew she looked weird and funny, but she did everything just to see Tiffany happy again, she didn't know why though, but let's just say she doesn't like it when she made someone sad, or maybe because Tiffany was the only kid she talked to.

 

And there it was, Tiffany looked up and a smile immediately plastered her face.
 

——
 

“So all of them have names?”

 

After a few more days, they enjoyed each other’s company, Jessica didn’t wear a bunny suit anymore but Tiffany still found her adorable, when Tiffany would always talk, Jessica would always listen, when Tiffany was down, Jessica would cheer her up, and if Tiffany suddenly tripped, without second thoughts, she’ll hurriedly help Jessica to stand on her own feet again, in return, Tiffany did everything that Jessica did too, maybe even more.

 

Today was just like the others, they were both sitting under a tree talking and spending time with each other since it was break time. Tiffany decided this was the time she’ll introduce every single crayon of hers to Jessica, who surprisingly didn’t find it weird. When the introduction was finished, Tiffany shoved her crayon through her bag and pulled out a sandwich that she planned to share with Jessica.



“Here.” Tiffany offered, and Jessica relentlessly took it.
 

“Tiffany, since when did you have your crayons?” The blonde ask before taking a bite of the sandwich that was delicious for her taste.
 

Tiffany then sipped from her water bottle before talking again, “Since I was four. I think no one would be more important than them.”
 

“Really?” Hearing this, Jessica frowned a little, Tiffany noticed and started to mentally panicked, she made Jessica disappointed, and she didn’t like it when she did. “I mean, their important, but not as important as you.” Tiffany saved her words, and Jessica just sent out a small smile. When she was going to talk some more her teacher called her saying something about Tiffany’s toys being scattered. Tiffany excused herself from Jessica, resulting her to be alone under the tree for at least 15 minutes.

 

Without second thought, Jessica peered open the bag and took the crayons, “Why are you all more important than me? What do you all have that I don’t? huh? Just because you can color and stuff that doesn’t mean your cooler! I’m Jessica. The Jung! And you guys are just crayons. The Crayons!” Jessica exclaimed frowning after expressing her frustration, looking at the box that made no movement. She was a little jealous at the fact wherein Tiffany had a tight bond between an inanimate object, but then again, she did once lock herself in a room and ignored practically everyone when she played with her dolls. Now a days, she's been attached to Tiffany for some reason.

 

“Jessi! My dad’s here already and I asked if you could come and he said yes!”

 

Jessica turned around, wondering who Tiffany was calling, did Tiffany have another best friend? ‘Great. So there’s me, the crayons and Jessi?’ Jessica sighed before twirling the stem of the leaves she found on the grass. 
 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, as well as titled her head, Jessica was ignoring her. Tiffany quickly rushed to Jessica and gave her a big embrace which startled the blonde. “Tiffany. Air. Air. I need air.” Jessica said before squishing her more.
 

“You’re mad!” Tiffany shouted, while puffing her cheeks. Jessica rolled her eyes a little,  “You have Jessi and the crayons already, why hang out with me? Besides, hurry up! Jessi’s waiting.”
 

“But you’re Jessi.”
 

“Huh?”
 

Tiffany then let out a sheepish grin, she forgot to inform Jessica about the newly formed nickname, “Jessica, I just took away the “ca” because it would be too long, so I just called you… Jessi.” Tiffany flushed red and covered her face with her palms.
 

“Tiffany, your ears are red.”
 

Tiffany tried her best to cover both her face and ears which she didn’t succeed at.
 

——
 

“Happy Birthday Jessica!” Tiffany greeted her with a smile and hugged her best friend as tight as she can.


Today was a very special day, it was Jessica's birthday, they've already been friends since 4 months ago, and for them, it's safe to say that they're best friends now. Not only did they hung out when in the nursery, but hanging out of the nursery was common these days. Jessica and Tiffany's parents couldn't be any happier when seeing their child together, having fun, and with that, both families would have trips together.


"Here!" The brunette cheered while handing over a present that she handpicked from the store she and her parents went to last week, and yes she was preparing for Jessica's birthday since last week. 


"You brought me a present?" Jessica asked, quite surprised because she hasn't received a single gift from someone besides her family

 

"Well, it is your birthday, so yes." Tiffany replied, and with that, Jessica slung her arms around Tiffany again and said Thank you for millions of times that Tiffany lost count. 

 

When Jessica let go of her grip, without second thought, she ripped open the present and there came a little stuff toy the form of a cute cat that had "Maomao" as the name tag. It was in the color of white, fluffy and had a little resemblance to Jessica. 

 

Jessica stared at it, speechless and completely drawn towards how cute the cat is, seeing there wasn't much reaction from Jessica, Tiffany stared to worry a little, "Don't you like it?" she asked carefully. 

"I love it!" 

And that's the day when Tiffany started seeing Jessica hugging Maomao everyday when it's naptime.

Maomao, the gift that Tiffany gave to her.
 

——

"Tiffany!"


A year almost had passed, and Tiffany wonders when she last took hold of her crayons, or even talked or greeted them. Even so, she didn't miss them as much as she thought she would, which was quite surprising if you viewed it on her side. Two months, four months, seven months, all of those moments, she mostly spends time with Jessica and liked every bit of it, sometimes she even leaves the crayons at home.

 

"Yeah?" She asked before turning around and suddenly saw that Jessica's dress had stains of mud in it, jessica was crying, while some girls were still push her. 
 

Tiffany took no time to just stare, she immediately ran as fast as she could at where her best friend was at, fuming with anger. 
 

"Don't push her!" She shouted with all her might while protecting jessica by blocking her towards the bullies.  Jessica could only cry and hide behind Tiffany. 
 

"I'll report you to Ms. Kim if you do!" 

 

Ms. Kim was one of the teachers that can be described close to Satan, therefore it didn't take another word before the girls fled off. When they did, Tiffany faced Jessica and she was as helpless like a little puppy soaked in the rain. 
 

"Don't cry, I don't like it when you cry. Jessi isn't cute when she cries." Tiffany said slightly ducking her head because Jessica's gaze was on the ground.  

"Hey, Tiff is here. Tiff promises that she won't let anyone hurt Jessi anymore." she whispered while hugging Jessica to make her stop crying. 
 


And That's the promise Tiffany still keeps until today.

 
——

"What's the color I love the most?" 

"Pink. How about mine?"

"White. What's my favorite tv show?"

"Spongebob! What's the movie that made my cry?"

"Frozen! That's so easy!" 

The question game could go on, forever and ever yet they'd still know the answer to the point that some find it amusing. 

"Tiffany, say goodbye to Jessica now, you're dad's here to pick you up!" Her teacher called, it was already 3:00, and that means she needs to go, it's sad, but she'll see Jessica again on the next day so it's okay. 

She frowned a bit, "I have to go now." She said while pouting. 

"Aw. What a bummer, the time flies so fast! I guess I'll see you tomorrow, don't be absent okay? Maomao would be worried if you do." 

Maomao, more like Jessi would be worried, but wouldn't admit it.

"You won't be worried? Only Maomao would be?" She asked while Tiffany walked away slowly, pretending to shed tears and Jessica only saw the retreating back.

"Okay! I lied! I'll be worried if you're absent tomorrow so do't be absent okay!" Jessica shouted and Tiffany turned her back and flashed a wide smile with her eyes forming the shape of crescent moons. 

She dashed through the hallways and straight into her dad's car while smiling as her dad adjusted her seatbelt,

"Daddy, I think I've found someone much much better than my crayons!" she cheered. 


And that's the day when Tiffany donated her crayons to her cousins who truly needed them,

She donated them because she has Jessica now. 

 

Jessica, the friend who would stick by her side no matter what. 

Jessica, the girl who would make her always smile

Jessica, the best friend that's important than anyone else.

 


 



 


 


 

Author's Note: 

I totally had a lot of fun making this shot! Just picturing the two of them as preschoolers is just asdfghjkl. feels overload. I had a little hard time in constructing the sentence because they need to sound like a kid not a teenager. And my kid vocabulary isn't top notch. I made this easy to read unlike paper heart that had metaphors and stuff, I hope it was easy to read? Oh, and tinkle means "pee" ouo Hopefully I could wrap up more of the one-shots, I really like making these because I don't need to update the one-shot because it's already done! One down, many to go. If some of you were wondering why this was suddenly chapter 1 and all of you commented in chapter 2, it's because this was made before TAUH and it was just on hide. :)  

Props to anonymous (Okay, I don’t know if the author is really anon, or that’s really his/her username. ono) for making “naptime” which was the inspiration for me to make this fic and to some kids down the street who were buying candy. :D

Click here to read naptime: Naptime by Anonymous
Click here to ask me anything  you want: Ask.fm

 

 

 

— JULY 18, 2014  
 THEME BY JUJUNGIE
2014 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED