Noona's Diary

Noona's Diary

"He was there. She was here. 

Hyoyeon and Kai were both standing in front of each other. Hyoyeon didn't know what to do at that moment. The person she was looking for in the past weeks, all those times spent going to the library hoping that he was there, when she thought they would never meet again. Her heart started beating faster, and faster. She was at the door holding the knob, the door opened just enough for half of her body, while blinking at the guy.

"Uhm... hi!" Kai spoke, finally breaking the silence. Then he took his earphones out, putting it aside. "At the library right? You were the one whose phone rang.." He said smiling and starting to walk towards her.

Hyoyeon blinked again for a few times and gulped before nodding once. "Ye-yeah..." OH MY GOD HE REMEMBERS ME. She said to herself. Her heart started to beat faster as Kai came closer. She didn't know what to say to him. SHOULD I SAY HI OR HEY OR MAYBE HELLO? But then.. "You're sweat.." She blinked, realizing how her words turned out. "Wait- I mean, you're sweating.. I mean it's normal but it could... cause complicatons?" WAY TO GO KIM HYOYEON. WAY TO GO.

Kai just laughed, not wanting to make it awkward for her. "I don't think something normal would 'cause complications." He smiled then got his hanky inside his pocket and started wiping the sweat off his face. "What are you doing here? Hyoyeon? Hyoyeon right?" 

Hyoyeon nodded and went in after she closes the door. "I'm actually going to have a dance class with Yixing." Finally a small smile found its was on her lips. "You? What are you doing here?"

"Really?" Kai's eyes widened due to excitement, not really expecting that she was the girl Lay was calling the hidden dance machine. "I'm actually the one you are going to dance with." He smiled widely, taking the hanky back into his pocket.

"What?" Hyoyeon was shocked, not really expecting that as an answer. Her heart started beating more and more faster that it feels like it's going to burst. She blinked a few times and gulped before speaking. "Isn't... Yixing going to be the one teaching me?

Kai nodded. "Yeah he's going to do the teaching and I'm going to do the dancing with you." He chuckled seeing the expression from Hyoyeon, taking it as her being puzzled at the moment. "Yixing will be going later. He has something to attend to later so maybe he'll just teach you some moves that you have to pratice with me."

ME AND HIM, DANCING TOGETHER. AND YIXING IS GOING LATER. IS THIS GOD'S WAY OF PAYING OFF MY HARDWORK WAITING EVERYDAY IN THE LIBRARY? Hyoyeon nodded. She didn't know what to say at that, the words that she wants to say were only allowed to be spoken in her head. Then suddenly, Kai held her hand and pulled her to the door. Her eyes widened at the action, but her feet were following where he was going.

"Let's go, Yixing must be waiting." Kai said but then Hyoyeon stopped walking as she remembered the thing she was supposed to do inside the locker room. He turned to look at her, wanting to know what was wrong.

"I'm going to change..." Hyoyeon trailed off, a bit of awkwardness was in her words since telling a guy about changing her clothes isn't a very comfortable subject. Including the fact that the guy is her crush. She hit her lip, looking to the side to avoid eye contact.

"Oh-" Kai let go of her hand.  "Sorry, I didn't notice you were wearing your unifom. I'll go out first." He smiled then went out and closed the door. Going out, he scratched his head and went towards Yixing who was warming up. "Yixing-"

"Omo-" Yixing said, a bit shocked from Kai's sudden appearance. "Where did yo- oh wait.. I forgot!" He widened his eyes, mouth hanging open at Kai. "Did anything happen? DId she took her clothes off in front of you without knowing you are there? I'M DEAD WITH EUNHYUK!" He said panicking from the terror he would experience if ever that happened. Kai was frowning at him, not really understanding what he was saying. When he was about to speak Yixing cut him and held his shoulder. "You should day sorry to her Kai.. and tell bher to not say anything to Eunhyuk okay?"

"You mean Hyoyeon?" Kai said casually. Before he could even continue Yixing cut him again.

"HYO..YEON? Kai... she's older than us! You should call her noona! Aigoo.." Yixing was now the one scratching his head with what he thought of about the situation. "Not because you can drop the hyung with me it means you'd do it to others.. what are we going to do now.."

Kai was just staring at his friend panicking, totally not understanding what /really/ happened since he kept cutting him off. "Yah..." He said as Yixing stopped for a while and looked back at him. "Nothing of what you said happened okay? I was dancing inside when she came so she saw me the moment she opened that door. And please- do you think the locker room is that big for that to happen?" He laughed, seeing the relieved face from Yixing. "Though, I never knew she was older. I kept calling her Hyoyeon but I think she doesn't mind because she wasn't telling me anything about being older."

Yixing let out a sigh of relief as he heard what kai said. He then patted the younger one's back while nodding. "Good thing you were careful.. and that's maybe because she's trying to be nice? I heard that she's really nice. Plus.. she really looks young. No doubt you didn't thought she was older. Anyways just call her noona.."

"Okay but... aren't you curious that I know her?" He asked Yixing.

Yixing just chuckled and messed Kai's hair. "I'm used to girls knowing you all the time."

By that time, Hyoyeon came out of the locker room dressed in black sweat pants and a simple white v-neck shirt. She smiled at the two while walking towards them. "So what shall we do?"

After that Yixing went in front of them and started to teach them the moves for the partner dance. Kai took the lead in starting the dance since Hyoyeon was new in the Dance studio. He turned to her and held out his hand as she took it in hers before they started dancing. They moved and swayed as Yixing instructed, stopping at times to catch their breath and take a break to drink water whilew wiping their sweat. And when the clock struck to 4:30pm, Yixing bid his goodbye to the two for he needs to go on an important appointment. Hyoyeon and Kai continued to practice still for a good 30 minutes until they decided to end it at 5pm. Hyoyeon went to the locker room to get her stuff while Kai sat down on the floor.

"It was a good time dancing with you. I wouldn't have thought that you dance so well when we met back in the library- more like you're a bookworm." Hyoyeon said while walking towards Kai as she opened her bag to get her phone.  Kai chuckled on the other hand, understanding her statement fully. 

"Well who would think that a library assistant would be?" He chuckled once more before continuing. "You we're good as well noona! Oh about that, I'm sorry about calling you by your name- I just didn't thought you were older. You look like the same age as me."

Hyoyeon looked at him while smiling and shaking her head. "No it's fine! And I'm taking that as a compliment that you thought we're of the same age." Then she opened her phone and saw a message from Donghae telling her to go home already for a family dinner. "I need to go. I... have somewhere to go to."

Kai stood up and looked at her. "Oh- where are you going? I'll take you there. It's getting dark outside and you might run into something not.. good." 

"No it's okay- I mean I can handle going home without getting into trouble. It's not even fthat fr from here so I'll just get a taxi to make sure." 

Kai shook his head and smiled, insisting to take Hyoyeon until he makes sure that she gets home safe. So after taking his things as well, the two went out of the studio and started working towards Hyoyeon's home. The walk was silent and spaces between them were quite filled with awkwardness. Kai would often cough to clear his throat when he attempts to bring up something but ends up holding his words back. Hyoyeon on the other hand, keeps herself silent while avoiding the other's gaze. The silence was still and unbreakable until a bike came running down, almost hitting Hyoyeon but fortunately Kai was fast enough to wrap his arms around her waist and pull her towards him.

"YAH!" He shouted to the man riding the bicycle who seemed to not care about almost hitting someone. "Noona are you okay?" He said while looking at her with worried eyes while Hyoyeon was just looking at him with wide eyes, her hands clutched up inside his arms. "Noona?" He asks again until he noticed that her chest was touching his. So he immediately broke the hug and looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with her. "So-sorry noona... I didn't noticed... a bike was approaching the-"

"It's okay. I understand that you didn't want us to end up in that... position." She cut him off and does the same, avoiding his eyes as well as they noth started to walk. 

Now he mood was now worse than a while ago. The awkwardness between them grew larger and larger that only the background noise and the sound that their footsteps made was heard as they walk down the street. The silence was broken only when finally they arrived in front of Hyoyeon's house. "Thank you Kai. I'll.. I'll go inside now." 

Kai smiled at her while rubbing the back of his neck. "That's nothing. So I guess I'll just see you around. Bye noona." He waved his hand once at her before walking on the opposite side. 

Hyoyeon went inside her house then as soon as she turned her back from the gate, she lifted her hand and hit the side of her head twice while going inside. "Aishh! That's so embarrassing!" Then as she walks in, Donghae came and stared at her.

"Do you know that hitting your head could cause you a head injury?" Donghae grabbed her hand to stop her from hitting her head. "What happened?"

"Nothing. I just... something embarrassing happened to me." Before her brother could even open his mouth to ask, Hyoyeon quickly added. "And I don't want to talk about it." She then went upstairs and changed her clothes before going down to have dinner with her family.

Kai on the other hand was on his way back home and was about to call his father when he realized that he left his phone in the studio. He shook his head and made his way back to the dancing studio.  Within minutes of walking, he finally arrived in the studio. He entred and immediately went to the locker room to get his phone. Upon getting it, he sends a message to his father about his whereabouts and why he was going home late. On his way out of the studio, he saw something-- more like a little notebook at the corner of the room where he and Hyoyeon sat down earlier. 

"It seems like I was not the only one who left something." He said while picking up the small notebook. Kai stared at it for a while, turning it to observe its sides and then decided to randomly open up a page. "I came but he wasn't there?" He closes the notebook as soon as he realized that it was Hyoyeon's diary judging from what he read. After that he took his bag and put the diary inside and decided to just return it back when they meet again. Kai then set off, ending up the one taking a cab back to his house.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Sorry my dear readers :( I was on hiatus because college life is so hard. I promise to update longer chapters soon. And more chapters since christmas vaction is approaching. Enjoy reading this :)