Second encounter

Noona's Diary

 

 "Day 01: Why is it one? It's the first time I felt this way. Meeting that guy,    Kai, made my heart... race so fast. I'm still confused why that happened. It     was my first time seeing him. Though it was really nice too. And to admit       that he's quite cute-- I hope that we could meet again sometime. He didn't      even get to know my name. "

   - Hyoyeon

 


It’s been two weeks since Hyoyeon saw Kai. And for those days that she didn’t see him, that memory in the library was the only thing that was giving her hope that one day they’d be able to meet again. Since then, Hyoyeon cannot remove Kai from her mind anymore. The more she thinks of him, the more she wanted to see him. Everyday, the exact same time that she saw Kai, Hyoyeon kept coming on the library hoping that she’d see him.

As soon as their professor dismissed the class, Hyoyeon quickly stood up and got her bag, preparing to go out. Yoona noticed it and she immediately grabbed Hyoyeon by her wrist to stop her from going. “Yah-- where are you going?

Uhm.. I will just uhm... get something from Donghae oppa-” Hyoyeon said hesitantly, hoping that her best friend would believe and not ask anymore.

Yoona, on the other hand, knew that her best friend was lying. She have known her for a long time now and seeing Hyoyeon’s eyes, she was not telling the truth. Yoona wanted to know what she was hiding so she just pretended to believe and nodded. “Arasso, let’s just meet in the cafeteria after you do whatever you are going to do.” She smiled lightly before letting go of Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon smiled back and said before going. “Eung! See you in the cafeteria!” After taking a few steps, she turned to Yoona and said quickly. “And I promise to be fast!” And then she went.

After Hyoyeon came out, Yoona grabbed her bag and quickly followed her but still making sure that Hyoyeon won’t notice that she was behind. She kept tailing behind until Hyoyeon reached her destination, the library. Yoona remained outside and Hyoyeon went in. “So this is it-- she doesn’t want to tell me she was going to the library. THE LIBRARY. I could’ve understood if it was a club or a bar but THE LIBRARY! For God’s sake Kim Hyoyeon what is wrong with you!” She said to herself.

Hyoyeon went in and immediately looked around. She searched between the bookshelves, in the lounge, on the computer station but there were no signs of Kai. She let out a sigh of disappointment as she sit down on a chair. “Where in the world are you Kai...’’ She whispered to herself. After a few minutes, she stood up and went out. As soon as she opened the door, Yoona was waiting there with her arms crossed, eyes narrowed, giving her a suspicious look.

"Yoona-yah..." Hyoyeon trailed off.

The two went to the cafeteria. Hyoyeon got two red velvet cupcakes and a cup of lemonaide while Yoona got a plate of carbonara and cucumber lemonaide. They both sat down on a free seat and started eating.

"So mind telling me why you were lying to me about going to the library?" Yoona asked as Hyoyeon sip a drink from her lemonaide. "Why were going there anyways... it's not like we got assignment everyd-" Yoona was cut off as she remembered their meeting with Kai two weeks ago. She looked up at Hyoyeon with with a quite shocked look. "Oh my god- were you expecting that you'd see Kai there?"

"Shhh!" Hyoyeon put her finger in front of her lips. "Someone might hear!"

"So I was right?" Yoona said.

Hyoyeon nodded slowly as she bit her lip lightly.

"Do you like him?" Yoona excitedly asked, putting her food aside, completely ignoring it for the thought that finally after 25 years her bestfriend found a guy she was interested with. "Do you? You do right? You do like him!" Yoona smiled widely as she spoke.

"I...I don't know?" Hyoyeon looked at Yoona, confused. "I know I just met him and it was just once but... he's stuck in my mind and I kept coming to the library to look for him but he's not there. I-" Hyoyeon sighed and looked down at her food which was now cold. "I'm just losing hope that we'll be meeting again..."

Yoona understood Hyoyeon's agony at the moment. It was a first for her so she may be confused with everything. From what she was feeling and to what she is going to do with it. But what can she do? If Hyoyeon doesn't know where to find Kai how could she know? That moment all she could do was look down sadly at her friend, sighing as she did so. 

When Yoona's gaze turned to the side, she saw a familiar figure. Eunhyuk was walking towards them, humming happily. EUNHYUK! MAYBE HE CAN CHEER YOONA UP. She thought and slowly left the table to run towards the man. 

"Oppa!" Yoona said as she blocked his way. "You like Hyo right?" She smiled teasingly at him.

At the sudden statement of the girl, Eunhyk widened his eyes and peeked behind to see if Hyoyeon was looking, much worse, or listening. Gladly, he was able to sigh relief when he saw that Hyoyeon got her back turned at them propably thinking about something else with no awareness that he was even there. "Yah!" He made an irritated but not angry face at Yoona. "How can you say that! Hyoyeon is just right over there she might hear!" The last sentence being said in a low voice.

"Can you do me a favor?" Yoona moved closer to him, clasping her hands just below her chin as she spoke in an aegyo-ish voice. "She's a bit down today, please take her out.. juseyooong~

"Aishh.. this girl really..." Eunhyuk made a face and lifted his hand, putting his pointing finger on Yoona's forehead to move her aside. Then he looked at her with a quite cocky look. "Watch and learn." Then he looked away and walked towards Hyoyeon. As soon as he sat down on the opposite of Hyoyeon, he saw her sad expression (not liking it of course) as she motioned the fork up and down her food, "HYOYEON-AH!" Eunhyuk shouted.

Hyoyeon looked at him, still her expression not changing. "Hyuk oppa, my ears are perfectly working so you don't need to shout." She sat straight and put the fork down. "What is it? Is Hae oppa not coming again?"

"Uhm, it's not that.." He smiled brightly. "Do you still remember that guy we saw in the fair last month? The dancing guy who you said you wanted to get dance lessons with?"

Hyoyeon looked away for a while, recalling her memories of the Dancing fair they have went to. FInally able to retrieve the memory, she looked at Eunhyuk with slightly widened eyes and lips formed into a small circle. "The one named what was that... Lay?

Eunhyuk nodded. "BIngo! Well, it turned out to be he was the brother of one of my girl..." He stopped and bit his lips before he could say something that was unnecessary. "classmates! Yes classmates and he's going to meet you today and teach you some dance moves."

"Jinjja?" Hyoyeon widened her eyes more but the excitement in her eyes is visible. "That's awesome! Actually class has just ended so I got free time." She smiled brightly. "Oh wait, Yoona-" She turned her head at the back to where Yoona was but she was not there anymore. She frowned a bit but then shrugged.

"Let's go?" Eunhyuk said. Hyoyeon nodded with a smile and they went.

Kai on the other hand was walking on the way to his bestfriend's dance studio. He got a call this morning that they were going to teach a special student so he got excited and went a bit early. Dancing was Kai's passion. If he was not in the school doing duties or at home doing homeworks or reading modules, he's probably in the dance studio dancing different genres and routines. Finally he arrived and opened the door finding his bestfriend inside already dancing to the beat of music. "You didn't wait for me.. tsk tsk." Kai said while shaking his head. "You always dance alone Yixing."

Yixing stopped as soon as he heard the familiar voice, smiling when he saw Kai standing. "Eyyy, I was just warming up.." He walked towards the other guy, throwing his arm over his shoulders. "I heard the student today is  a hidden dancing machine. So if I were you I'd practice a bit first before she comes..."

"I'd rather take her as a challenge then." He smiled and removed the arm that was hanging on his shoulder. "I'll be in the locker room just call me when she's here already." Then he walked away towards the door to the locker room, opening it to enter. 

Minutes later the door opened. Two figures were coming annd when Yixing saw them he smiled and walked up to their direction. "Eunhyuk!" Heraisedhis open palm, giving the other a highfive. "So was she the /hidden dancing machine/ you were telling me? Hi, nice to see you." He smiled at the girl, pulling out his hand to her.

The girl bowed her head in the compliment, smiling back at Yixing as she took the hand for a shake. "Hello, I'm Kim Hyoyeon. It's nice to finally meet you too- uhm... Lay-ssi?"

"You know me?" Yixing chuckled as he shook her hand, letting it go after. "Lay is actually my nickname, my real name's Yixing. You can call me Yixing instead, or just anything comfortable with you."

Hyoyeon nodded and smiled, taking her hand tto the back of her body. "Yixing then."

"Okay, I need to go donghae texted me to go back in the school for our project. Anyways, he already knows you're here so he would probably pick you up by afternoon." He said while putting his phone back to his pocket. "I'll go now, Lay- take care of her. Bye!" He waved and then turned back to go out of the studio.

"So, shalll we start?" Yixing said while smiling. Hyoyeon nodded in agreement. He led her to the center of the room, the mirrors around them reflecting their bodies perfectly. "Before we start, you could go change in the locker room. You wouldn't want to do routines in those uniforms." He smiled politely, pointing at the locker door. But Yixing forgot something. He forgot that Kai was also inside the locker room, waiting for his call. Hyoyeon bowed her head politely then walked towards the locker room.

Meanwhile, Kai was dancing inside the room with his earphones on. He was swaying his hips, moving around with grace. Until his eyes gazed into the door that was now opening. Hyoyeon opened it only to see a guy standing, a few drops of sweat falling from his face. They both looked at each other ffor a while. OH MY GOD. Hyoyeon thought to herself. SHE'S FAMILIAR, I HAVE SEEN HER SOMEWHERE. Kai said on his head. Everything was silence until finally it broke.

"You-" They both said at the same time.