I'll Call You Memories

A Police Love Story

“Put that gun down missy or I can’t guarantee what will happen to your colleague here.” I am now being held hostage under the terrorist. Zie is pointing her pistol that she manages to sneak in to their meeting place. “Let him go” Zie said cold. “Put down your gun” the general said he smirked evil. Zie put her pistol down on the floor and step a few feet from it. That is when the general let me go. When I am a few feet from Zie, her face expression turn to shocked. I on the other hand saw another man came from behind with a bat ready to hit Zie with it. Zie switch places with me as I do the same. It makes my vision blurry after I receive the hit for her and at the same time I can hear the sound of a shot being released before everything went blank.

__________________________________________________

“Focus, Luhan. You can get killed if you act like this in emergency state” Zie blabber while her dagger is placed on my neck. “I’d rather die in a hand of a beauty like you” I remark and smirk to . She is still on top of me, pinning me on the floor with that amazingly sharp silver knife placed on my neck. She scoffs at my statement and put her dagger on it place somewhere behind her, still not moving from on top of me. Her face is now dangerously close to mine which allow me to have a nice view of her small untainted lips and a beauty spot on the right side of her chin. “But what if, it’s not a beauty who got you in this condition but a buff, hairy and stinky man instead?” she questioned, getting closer in intimidating ways.

 I took this chance and slip my hand on her back, grabbing the dagger she had earlier. In a blink of an eye, I switched our place and that would make her pinned to the ground while I place dagger on her neck. “He would be long gone” I said in intimidating way, amused with her shocked expression. I close the gap between our face and she closed her eyes in the process, anticipating a kiss. So I decide to a little bit more. “I just want to play a little game with my kitten…” I whisper in a sensual manner that got her blushing madly.

 “Oh! Go get a room you love bird!” Lay, my partner in crime said in much to his dismay. “You are the one who barge in when it’s getting somewhere” I said teasing him while helping Zie who are still blushing, get up on her feet. “It’s a training chamber, anyone can barge in” he said, rolling his eye annoyed with me obviously. “They’ve tracked down the meeting location of the criminal. We’ll move in a while, get ready.” Lay walked away and I follow straight behind him before Zie grab my wrist and turn me to face her. “I’m dead serious, Luhan. Focus. I don’t want anything happen to you.” She said in rather serious tone.

I released my wrist from her grasp and cupped her face. “I’m like this just in front of you. How can I focus on hurting my kitty, my love?” She put her infamous pout upon hearing my statement. “What if it’s a beauty like you claim earlier and not me?” she asked back and with jealousy taints her voice. This is another cute side of her that I came to fall for. I automatically give a quick peck on her pouty lips and her face reddening harder than before. “You are the only beauty in my world”

***********************************************************************

“Ouch! Be gentle will you…” I winced in pain when Zie punch my stitched abdomen caused by a shot. “I told you to be freaking focus!! Instead of being a police officer who can’t focus, you are forgetful too this time? What kind of dumb forgot to wear a bullet proof vest when he knew he is going to deal with criminal?!” she said rather angry but I know she’s just worried about me; I am her fiancé after all. She looked at me with that Hulk eyes, being tough and what’s not but I just smile it away knowing she wanted to cry so hard. “Come here, baby” I held out both of my hand welcoming her into my arms. In instant she is in my arms, sobbing and whining.

 “I hate you…” she mumble, nuzzling her face in my chest. “I love you too, Zie. I’m still alive, safe and sound.” “If it’s not because of Lay had your back, you would’ve dead, gone” she said looking me straight into my eyes. “Sometimes I wish you are dead and I can at least stop worrying about you” she shot. It kind of mean but I know she didn’t mean it. “I’m afraid I will have to take you with me if that happen because I am sure as hell don’t want to be the only one who worried about someone when I’m up there” I said smiling to my soon wife to be. She pulled me down for a kiss. Her small lips felt soft and tender on mine. The kiss is so loving to the point it felt so fragile and I can feel just how vulnerable she is.

___________________________________________________________________________

I can feel my eyes flutter open but my vision is still blurry. All I could hear is some rough voice screaming about blowing this place up. I tilt my head to the left when I felt a hand squeezing mine but it just to blur for me to figure out who is it. All I could see is a silhouette laying and the hand reaching out to intertwine with mine. My eyes lids feels too heavy and it closed again. The last thing on my mind was her safety. “I love you…” a whisper manages to sneak in my ears before my eyelids closed heavily.

BOOM!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“She can sleep wherever and whenever she can, isn’t she?” Lay said smiling, looking at Zie who fall asleep on my laps. “She hasn’t slept for two days. Have some mercy will you?” Lay just shrugged and pat her head. “She’s too worked up on tracing the terrorist” Lay said again. “I bet she will get straight to work just as soon as her eyes flutter opens” he let out a chuckle at his own statement. “I’ll make sure she gets some rest. It’s your turn continuing the search now. Get going!” “Geez! You are not even married yet…” he complains walking out from my office.  I looked at her peaceful sleeping face and I automatically have the urge to kiss her, which I did.

 Big mistake, she is now awake and starts to mum about the search. It’s just been an hour since she falls asleep. “Relax, Lay had it. You haven’t been sleeping for two night straight. What do you think you are a robot? Even a robot need to be charged.” I nag at the sleepy creature before me. All I get for an answer is her lying on my laps burying her face deeper on my stomach. The memories of me kissing her back then get me chuckles to myself. “What so funny?” she questioned. “You remind me of sleeping beauty” it looks like I got her attention when she no longer burying her face on my stomach but look at me. “What do you mean?” “You woke up right after I kiss you” I let out a little chuckle.

“You are taking advantages on me while I’m sleeping? Naughty boy!” she said faking anger in her voice. “But I will only be a sleeping beauty because you are the fated prince. If other prince were the one who kissed me, I don’t think I would wake up.” She let out a small chuckle on her own statement” “But this prince want to kiss the princess even if she’s awake” “The prince don’t have to ask” slowly, I close the gap between us. I will never get bored having her lips on mine, kissing oh-so tenderly every time. Sharing our last kiss would never come in my consideration even if we are working in dangerous fields right now. That is because I don’t know what the future held for both of us.

If only I’d know, I’d make this kiss more meaningful.

________________________________________________________________

My eyes flutter open heavily. My vision is not as blurry as before. I look at my surrounding, the entrance blocked by collapsing pieces of the building, it’s a miracle I survived this incident. My back is still pinned on the floor since my head is still heavy from the impact before. My right hand automatically rests on my temples, massaging it a little hoping the pain will go away. I tried to sit and that is when I feel my left hand intertwine with someone’s. My eyes traveled from my hand to the stranger hand. Our intertwined hand caused my ring that tie me with Zie and the stranger ring place next to each other. The ring on the others hand seem quite familiar. That beautiful, slender finger too is familiar…

_____________________________________________________________________

“I told you, if I was supposed to die, you will come with me” I tease my soon wife to be. We are now in the vehicle, heading to the terrorist hide out. Zie is obviously not amused with my joke when she hit me hard on my shoulder. I just let out a heartily laugh at her action, faking hurt. “I have my bullet proof vest, my gun is loaded and yeah. I’m well prepared. You don’t have to be worried” “I don’t, my gut feeling tells me it’s not going to be good today.” “And I wonder when will your gut feeling come true”

As on cue the vehicle stops. “We’re here love birds!” Lay said playfully before getting out from the black van. Zie had my wrist on her grasp when I was about to jump out from the vehicle. “If it were destined one of us will go first today…” “I’m not going anywhere” I cut her, not wanting to hear her ridiculous speculation. “Listen!” she tightened her grasp on my wrist but I had released my wrist from her tight grasp and follow behind Lay. “I said if…” is the last thing I heard. Never thought I would’ve regretted this.

I should’ve listened till the end.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“NO!”

The now limp body lies next to me, lifeless. The stranger hand is no stranger at all. That hand belongs to my bride to be. Her white plain blouse drenched with blood. I automatically wrap her lifeless body in my arms. I can feel warm liquid on my cheeks running freely. The words no keep leaking out from my mouth like a mantra, while I rock both my body and her. I can’t accept this, she can’t go without me. She should be walking down the aisle with her uncle next week. This can’t be happening. I stop and look at her. Her face looks so peaceful as if she is sleeping after a long day from working. I automatically remember about the sleeping beauty incident and kissed her. I hope she’ll wake up just like the other day but she didn’t.

“Fated prince, my ! Wake up Zie! You said only me can kiss you wake up…” I said in desperation. “Who will wear that wedding dress? Who will walk down the aisle with your uncle? Who will I marry next week?” I said. The tears run free on my cheeks. Nothing can be heard except for my sobbing and desperate cries. After a few minutes of wailing I finally cool down. “I understand that you are tired. So I will kiss you, if I can kiss you wake up, I should kiss you goodnight.” I kiss both of her cheeks. “You’ve worked hard” I kiss her temple. “Sleep well. Good night, princess” I kissed her now cold lips. “I’m going to miss you”

“I love you” a whisper from before rings in my head and I am sure that is Zie confessing on the end.

“I love you too”