Chapter Five

Exo's Littlest Sister (ON Hold)

CHAPTER FIVE

 

            The boys froze, no one besides Beakhyun really dared to turn around to their manager. Truth was, when their manager was mad, he was mad. One time he got so mad, they thought he was going to a put a couple holes in the wall, making all of Exo scared of him. But, to their manager, those being afraid meant them respecting him, and that was all he wanted.

“Manager Hyung!” Beakhyun said, surprised by the sudden appearance of their manager. Their manager looked at the child, waiting for the boys to become unfrozen.

“So,” the manager began as the boys started to turn around to him, their heads low. “‘Hello Baby,’ huh? She’s a bit old for that, don’t you think?” Their heads snapped up, their eyes widening when they heard what their manager said.

“Well,” Suho started. “Sh-she’s small and s-said she’s eight, s-so maybe th-that w-will help?” The manager turned to him, his eyes narrowing.

“What are you stuttering for, Joonmyeon?” the manager asked with a demanding tone. “Stuttering is the little girl’s job! If she is to be on ‘Hello Baby’ she needs to stutter and maybe not talk so much!”

“So, we can keep her, hyung?” Tao asked, a huge smile on his face as he almost began jumping in excitement. Their manager rolled his eyes before nodding, making all of them besides Kris cheer since he was the one who had to cover her ears from the loud cries so she wouldn’t get scared. The boys saw this and cooed, but the manager stopped them, narrowing his eyes more – if that were possible. The boys shrunk back again.

“We will make a plan, okay?” He began slowly, rubbing his head. They all sat down on the long living room couch, their manager standing in front of them. “I will take her to the ‘Hello Baby’s president, Mr. Hiroshima. I will tell him the predicament and see if he will help us. If he agrees and takes the girl, then I will ask him to call Soo Man and ask him for Exo to be on the show. He will call me, immediately, and I will say ‘sure’ on your guy’s behalf since I feel badly for you all. If everything goes as planned, you will either only have her – since she’s eight they might give you her to just take care of since she’s older than most – or have a couple more. I will call you if anything happens.” They all nodded.

“When are you going to take her?” Kris asked, frowning.

“Tomorrow morning around ten,” the manager answered. “I will be here at nine forty. Don’t make me wait.” He walked away, out into the bustling city.

The boys all cheered loudly when they heard the front door close, even Kris – who covered Samantha’s ears again – had trouble keeping in his smile over the subject. They jumped, laughed, and even danced around the room. They didn’t even realize they woke her up until they heard her small giggle. They all turned to look at her, smiles big, before Tao jumped at her.

She giggled as he twirled her around, her sleepiness long forgotten as she played with Tao, Chanyeol, and Suho, danced with Kai and Lay, sang with D.O., Luhan, Chen, Beakhyun, Xiumin, and then sat down with Sehun and Kris, resting. One by one, though, they all fell to the ground, tired; almost all of them falling asleep on the floor or on the couch until only Suho and Samantha were awake; Samantha staring at Kris’ face for some reason Suho couldn’t understand.

“So,” Suho started, making Samantha bring her head away from Kris’ face to Suho’s. “You like Kris?” He smirked as he said it. She tilted her head in confusion before shaking it.

“K-kris o-oppa l-looks s-silly wh-when he’s sl-sleeping,” she stated before getting off the couch to sit on Suho’s lap, once again looking at the books.

“You’ve been staring at my books for a long time,” Suho began. “Why?”

“I h-have r-read s-some of th-those b-books b-before,” she answered, snuggling into Suho’s chest.

“Really? What’s your favorite, then?”

Samantha looked at the books carefully before turning back to him with sleepy eyes. “The N-Nortan Anth-thology of Ch-Children-n’s L-Literatur-ure. I l-like th-that one b-best.” She answered before falling to sleep, her eyes no longer wanting to stay open.

Suho smiled down at the sleeping girl before whispering, “It’s my favorite, too.”

 

He then woke up the others, Kris first so he could help him wake up the others. They made them go back to their rooms. Suho laid Samantha down on his bed before changing into a pair of sweats and a white beater. After he turned out the light, he curled his body around his new sister’s (or daughter’s) body, keeping her safe and warm: something his thin blanket didn’t provide. He soon welcomed the darkness; falling into dreams.