Kiss in the Rain

Together Let's....

When Sehun decides to visit Zitao in Qingdao, he doesn’t realize what all would be in store for him. He thought Zitao would show him around the area, take him to tourist attractions, let him try authentic food - you know, the usual things a person would do when a very special friend visits their hometown. But no. This is Zitao Sehun is thinking about.

 

First, he has to deal with the disastrous event at the airport, because naturally he would get lost in a place where no one speaks his language. At the time, Sehun wants to punch Zitao in the face for making Sehun find Zitao and his father all by himself, but surprisingly enough, Zitao turns out to be rather helpful in leading Sehun through the swarms of Chinese fans, all done through a relatively short phone call.

 

After that initial crisis, Zitao asks his father to trail “a good distance” behind them as he shows Sehun around the town. Sehun’s interest peaks because he thinks that he will get his reward for dealing with all the drama at the airport. Naturally, he is mistaken by Zitao’s plans.

 

Zitao, with his smile that he has whenever he tries to contain his excitement and fails, grabs onto Sehun’s bicep as they step out of his father’s car and walk down the sidewalk. Sehun oohs and ahhs at all the vibrant looking shops with names that he can’t decipher. There are quite a number of restaurants that they pass by which reminds Sehun of the fact that he didn’t eat breakfast before he boarded the plane earlier this morning. Zitao continues to lead him through the town with hardly any words for more than twenty minutes, and after the fifth time Sehun hears his stomach rumble, he sighs and opens his mouth to complain. Just as Sehun starts what definitely wouldn’t be a whiny demand for food, Zitao squeals like a young child on Christmas and points at the sign above the building that stands before them.

 

Although Sehun cannot tell the name nor the type of shop from its sign, Sehun looks inside, and upon first glance, he realizes that it is a coffee shop. Sehun turns to look at the still elated Zitao with a look that obviously shows how unimpressed he is. “Tao, there is a coffee shop on every corner in Seoul.”

 

“Yes,” Zitao agrees as he opens the door to the shop and guides Sehun through with a hand on the small of his back. “But, this one is so much better than any that I’ve had in Seoul.”

 

“Are you sure of that?” Sehun asks monotonously as he stares blankly at a menu he doesn’t understand.

 

Zitao simply hums in response, and stands in line while looking at the menu. “Do you know what you want?”

 

“Tao,” Sehun stares with his deadpan expression, “I don’t even know what they have.”

 

“Well I can tell you that,” Zitao says and begins to recite the menu to Sehun. Just as he gets to the iced drinks section, the cashier says what Sehun assumes is, “Next!” in Mandarin, and Zitao approaches the counter, saying phrases that Sehun appreciates in their flux and flow, not in their meaning.

 

Zitao quickly turns to him and asks in Korean, “Have you decided?”

 

Sehun looks at the menu one last time, and after determining that it obviously isn’t going to help him, he says, “Just get whatever you’re getting.”

 

Zitao finishes the order and pays with his card. Sehun, wanting to feel useful, grabs napkins while they wait for their coffee. When a barista calls out Zitao’s name and their orders, Zitao grabs both cups, and Sehun follows him to a small, secluded table for two.

 

Sehun doesn’t want to admit to Zitao that he actually was right; this is better than any of the coffee shops he has been to in Seoul (of course, assuming he got coffee and not bubble tea). However, Sehun can tell from the smug expression on Zitao’s face that he knows what Sehun is thinking.

 

After a small amount of fans take their picture while they finish their coffee, Zitao drags Sehun out of the coffee shop and down a few sidewalks until they reach a park. Once again, Sehun can’t help the little bit of disdain that rises in him as he sighs, “Tao, there are parks in Seoul. Take me somewhere not like Seoul.”

 

Zitao ignores him and points at the cute birds that are swimming in the lake, and the color of the leaves, and the different flowers that grow at this time of year. Sehun feels kinda bad that he’s tuning out Zitao’s enthusiasm with his dislike of Zitao’s idea of tourist attractions, but that doesn’t stop him from whining, “Zitao, I’m hungry! I haven’t eaten all day, and I thought you were going to take me out for food, not to a park! And, besides that, I-”

 

Sehun stops talking when he feels two raindrops fall on his head, and when he looks up, he notices that the sky is suddenly dark. The two stand there in silence as the few raindrops proceed to be a gentle shower, and Sehun nags, “Great, now it’s raining-”

 

Zitao surges forward and stops Sehun’s whining with a kiss that makes Sehun tense slightly before putting a hand on Zitao’s cheek to rub affectionately. Sehun feels Zitao’s hands behind his neck and around his waist, and just as Sehun starts to truly relax into the kiss, Zitao pulls away with a joyful grin on his face.

 

Sehun turns his head away so that he can hide his blush from Zitao. “Tao, people could have seen us.”

 

Zitao reaches for Sehun’s hand and laces their fingers together. “Yeah, that’s true.”

 

“And you still did it?” Sehun asks, and he can’t prevent the smile and laughter that emerges from doing something a little risky.

 

“Yeah,” Zitao says as if the answer is so obvious. “I wasn’t going to miss the opportunity.”

 

“What opportunity? To reveal us to the world?” Sehun snorts.

 

“No,” Zitao rolls his eyes and lightly shoves his shoulder. “I led you around town today because I knew it was eventually going to rain. That’s why I took so long leading us here. And, since this park is pretty empty, I thought I’d kill more time until it really started to rain, and then I kissed you. All couples should kiss in the rain in their home town!”

 

Sehun feels oddly touched that Zitao went to all this planning for one simple kiss, but he can’t help but realize that he and Zitao are being soaked by the rain that made the latter so happy less than three minutes ago.

 

“It’s wet.” Sehun cringes when he ruins the mood, so he tries to make up for it by kissing Zitao’s cheek.

 

“You’re right,” Zitao quickly agrees. “Let’s go eat. I’m starving!” Zitao tugs on his arm to lead him to the exit of the park, but Sehun doesn’t move. He looks down at his feet and shyly says, “Wait. Can your dad get a picture of us here, on these rocks?” When Sehun looks up to see Zitao’s bright smile, Sehun tries to pass off his request by saying, “My mom would want to see how I’m doing in a foreign country and all.”


“Aw Sehun,” Zitao cooes and Sehun looks away in embarrassment, “you know you can admit that you want to remember this moment as much as I do. You’re just as much of a sap.” Zitao looks around the park and sees his dad sitting on a bench a few meters away. After grabbing his attention, Zitao hands his father both his and Sehun’s phones and asks him to take a picture of them together. Sehun wraps his arm around Zitao’s waist and ignores Zitao’s huge grin; Zitao, in turn, puts his arm around Sehun’s neck. After looking at the picture, Sehun gives Zitao a small smile and a quick kiss before sending the picture to his mom and Joonmyun while following Zitao in hopes that they will finally eat soon.

 

-

 

 


inspired by this pic. If you have any requests from the list of prompts on the forward page, let me know~