Build a Fort

Together Let's....

“Tao-ah,” Sehun yells from the living room, “Have you gotten enough pillows and blankets?”

 

“Do you think Joonmyun-hyung will be mad if I take the blankets from his bed?” Zitao steps out of someone’s bedroom and looks at the other boy stacking couch cushions on the floor.

 

Sehun turns around and smirks at him, “Joonmyun’s my roommate. He won’t be too mad, I think. He never stays that mad, especially at you.”

 

“It’s my maknae charm,” Zitao winks and runs back into presumably Joonmyun’s room.

 

Sehun walks into their kitchen and grabs safety pins, push pins, and string; then he puts the supplies on top of the cushions, and he pushes his and Joonmyun’s shared bedroom door open with a smile. “Where do we want to build our fort, Taozi?”

 

“If we build it in the living room, Baek and the others are going to seize it,” Zitao pouts and puffs his cheeks.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes and grins large enough that small, faint dimples appear. “Is that your way of saying you want it in here?”

 

“Well, if we have it in here, we can keep it for more than a few hours,” Zitao uses his fingers to count his good reasons, “the beagles won’t invade Joonmyun’s room, and he won’t be too mad that half of his room will be a fort for the next day or so. As long as we don’t cover his bed, he should be fine.”

 

“You speak like you actually live with him,” Sehun raises an eyebrow and snorts. “Have you gotten the blankets off your bed?”

 

Zitao nods and points to the pile of blankets on Sehun’s bed, “Is that just your blankets, or is that mine, yours and Joonmyun’s?”

 

“All of ours.”

 

“That surely won’t be enough….” Sehun puffs his lips and looks away in thought. “Yixing won’t mind if we take his blankets! Will you go get his too? I’ll start with our basic infrastructure.”

 

Zitao pretends to glare at Sehun and mutters, “Always sending me to do the dirty work.”

 

After Zitao leaves the bedroom, Sehun walks back into the living room and grabs the supplies and the couch cushions before shouting, “Where did the hyungs go, anyway?”

 

He doesn’t hear a response, instead he hears Zitao squealing about something, but deciding that he has more important issues at hand, Sehun ignores him and begins to drape a blanket from Joonmyun’s dresser on the far side of the room near the door to their TV stand in the middle of the room; to make sure the blanket stays, he places some of Joonmyun’s books on top of the blanket, and he gently lifts their TV and slides a blanket underneath it. From there, Sehun pins another blanket on the window, which is beside his bed on the right side of the room, and he leads the blanket over to the TV stand, where he pins the blanket on the wall behind the TV.

 

Zitao storms into the bedroom, breathing harshly, with a quilt and a wolf-themed blanket in his hands. He nearly runs into Sehun’s already hung blanket before he quickly ducks under it and walks to Sehun’s side of the room, scowling. “Did you not hear me screaming?”

 

“Well,” Sehun says as he stands on his bed, trying to find a place to hang the next blanket, “I assumed you were alright. And look, I was right.”

 

“Glad to see you’re so concerned and loving,” Zitao sneers and stands on Sehun’s bed to help him pin a blanket above his headboard, and then they jump off the bed and cross the blanket over the one leading from the window to the TV. "I thought I saw a spider, but it was actually just Yixing's bracelet. But still, what if I had died?"

 

"I would have went after you eventually," Sehun mutters and looks at his fort with disdain. "Why does it look so.... Empty?"

 

"Maybe that's because it's only halfway done," Zitao snorts and moves into the open space between the two beds, “if you put a blanket from this nightstand," he eyes the side table in between Sehun's and Joonmyun’s beds, "to the corner over there," he points to the blanketless corner between the TV and the window, "it will make it look more full."

 

“Okay, lift the lamp and I’ll put Yixing’s blanket under it,” Sehun instructs as he picks up the wolf-themed blanket left on Joonmyun’s bed. Zitao playfully bumps his shoulder into Sehun, and if Sehun wasn’t so preoccupied, he would pick up his pillow and declare an all-out pillow war. Instead, he flicks Zitao’s nose and laughs impishly, “Rude.”

 

After they hang Yixing’s blanket, Sehun looks at their fort and shakes his head. “It still looks empty, Taozi.”

 

Zitao lightly pushes his arm and sighs dramatically, “Must I be all the brains in this plan? If you tuck a blanket or two under Joonmyun’s bed and pin them above your window, that should close our fort and separate your side of the room from Joonmyun’s.”

 

Sehun quickly grabs Zitao’s cheeks and places a rushed, excited kiss on his lips. “That’s why I keep you around!”

 

“Right,” Zitao laughs sardonically as he lifts Joonmyun’s mattress for Sehun, “Not because I stick around when you want to cuddle after five hours of dance practice, or because I put up with your ty attitude when no one else will. Nope, nothing like that.”

 

“I didn’t ask for your sass,” Sehun grumbles as he tucks the second blanket under Joonmyun’s bed. They duck under the already hung blankets and pin the remaining two blankets before grabbing the couch cushions from his bed, and falling on them with relieved sighs.

 

After a few moments of silence, Zitao asks as he curls into Sehun's warmth, "Now that we've made our fort, what do we do now?"


"Well, I can think of a few things we can do with the dorm to ourselves," Sehun lewdly smirks, pushes the other boy down on his back, and kisses him.