Gackt

Ride with the Rockers [SEMI-HIATUS]

Koki and I persevered on after Kyo's departure. Even though our meeting has been brief, Kyo still left a deep impression on us. 

We have to get stronger. We're similar to a new born fawn, with having no experience in the industry. I sat up on the bed, walking towards my desk to switch on my laptop. I decided to browse through Youtube, watching the guitar covers that other people has uploaded. One particular bass player caught my eyes. His fingers are nimble and flexible, working it's way through the whole fret board of the bass guitar with precise speed and rhythm to the song. One will know that he had put a lot of practice and effort into playing the bass upon watching him play. His eyes sparkled brightly when he played the bass. One look at him and I made up my mind to invite him into our band. He will be a good mentor and a great bassist to our band and us.

Hitting the message button on his channel, I began typing with enthusiasm, hoping that he will reply, and picked up my mobile phone and dialed Koki's number. 

"Koki!! Go on to Youtube and search for this user. He plays the bass well! He will be a good bassist for our band!" I exploded onto the phone, speaking in one breath.

"Hang on Ryuta-- You're speaking too fast! Chotto matte ne--" I heard ruffling sounds on the receiver, then the typing sounds of the keyboard can be heard. Soon, the similar bass melody can be heard on the phone. "Uwa-----You're right, he's good! But do you think he will join our band? After all, we are new to this, having no experience and Kyo said we were bad..." Koki's voice faded off, not wanting to continue.

"No worries. I sent him a message just now, stating clearly that we're amateurs. He seem like a nice person,"

"Hmm...ok then. Call me as soon as he reply, ne! I'm going to get back to my practice. Ja!" 

That was the first time I see Koki being demoralized. He was a cheerful and easy-going person. He will never let anything negative affect him. He must have taken Kyo's words seriously. After all, Kyo's words were direct and harsh. His words kept replaying in my mind, like a spoiled player. I lifted my guitar off the guitar stand and began to practice.

We can't end our journey just like that.

Just as soon as I lifted my hand to strum, I heard the familiar sound from the computer, notifying me of a new mail.

-

----------------

Sorry for not updating after a long time! I had some free time now, and I thought of our unfinished fic. 

We're really sorry!