See you, Kyo. - EDITED

Ride with the Rockers [SEMI-HIATUS]

 

“Koki, you need to be regular in your beat, and you, Ryuta,” Kyo turned to glance at Ryuta, “your rhythm is not in harmony with Koki’s beats, and your voice sounds monotonous. You need to express more emotions in your voice. ! What were you guys doing before you decided to create a band? Your skills are beyond terrible! Seriously, if this goes on, I’d gladly quit.” Kyo sighed complained for the umpteenth time.

“Make sure you guys go home and practice vigorously!” He urged both of them as he walked away after the band session, carrying his bass guitar on his back and lighting up another cigarette while walking.

“Sigh… I thought we were ready. I thought learning the basics would be enough. I guess we really need to learn more, isn’t it, Koki?” Ryuta murmured as he watched Kyo’s silhouette getting visibly smaller, until it disappeared.

“Don’t be depressed, Ryuta! Let’s take up Kyo’s advice and practice like how he taught us to. After all, practice makes perfect! We have to match up to Kyo’s standard. I don’t want him to quit! It’s a week till our next band session. For now, let’s practice together! Besides, don’t you look up to the GazettE? To do so, we can’t stop here,” Koki urged, trying to lift up Ryuta’s mood. Koki, too, had his fair share of Kyo’s lectures during the practice session too. They were starting on song covers, as he hasn’t begun composing new songs for the band.  

As usual, his cheerfulness motivated Ryuta again. That’s right. He can’t let our band end here. Skills can be honed as long as they’re willing to practice.  “I’m pumped up now! Let’s go!” He shouted as he shot my fist into the air.

***

“…So this is it, huh… I have been playing with the wrong technique all along. It’s no wonder that I feel uncomfortable with that finger position…” Ryuta muttered under his breath as he continued pressing the chords. Thanks to the practice he’ve done daily, my fingers have gotten blisters. It hurts like crap but at least the skin didn’t brea-

“HOLY SWEET JESUS, OUCH!” Ryuta shouted, holding up my cut finger. “Damn…” he scowled.

“WHAT, WHAT, WHAT? ARE YOU OK, RYUTA?” Koki blasted into his room and grabbed his finger, trying to blow the pain away. “Awww, my sweet muffin, it must be hurting badly. I told you not to practice too much! Look what happened to your lovely fingers!” He coo-ed as he turned to walk to the bathroom to get the first aid kid.

“What the hell, Koki? Do I look like YOUR sweet muffin? I’d be grateful to you as long as my cut doesn’t get worst, thanks to you.” Ryuta rolled my eyes as he watched Koki try to bandage his finger. “Koki, do us humans a favor please, don’t ever be a doctor.” he cringed as he watch Koki trying his best to bandage his injured fingers with neatly which ended up failing badly and he decided to wrap it up like a mummy instead.

“I’ll never be a doctor; I want to be like Kai! Come on, you know I’m just worried for you. I think you should stop practicing your guitar till your cut gets better. You wouldn’t want it to get worst, right? For now, I shall keep this with me till your cut gets better.” Koki chided as he picked up Ryuta’s guitar and turned to leave.

“Wait- it’s fine already!”

“Oh, really? Forgive me, but…” Ryuta in a scream of pain as Koki pressed hard on his wound. “Guess not!” He grinned as he left, whistling to Hyena.

“Evil demon,” Ryuta muttered.

***

Kyo gave an exasperated sigh as he took a look at Ryuta’s bandaged finger.  “Seriously, dude? You’re telling me that your blister broke and you weren’t able to practice these past few days? If you’ve practiced so diligently till you had a cut in your finger, why haven’t you improved much? You’ve only corrected the way of playing! Honestly, you guys . I’m leaving. I don’t think I can create a future with you guys. My friend had invited me to play in his band, and I’m going to join him. I wish you all luck, though. All the best.”

They stood still on the same spot, glancing and Kyo’s back, with Koki slightly trembling with anger upon hearing Kyo’s harsh words. Ryuta held his hand back as Kyo raised his hand a waved without turning back.

Ryuta and Koki once again stared at Kyo’s small figure walking down the street for the second time, with Kyo’s harsh words repeating in their minds. His words cut them deeply into their heart, and they knew deep down that they were not ready to perform as a band. They needed more harsh practice. And they needed someone who can be a mentor to them, a person who can coach them slowly. 

 

“We are back to square one, huh.” Koki whispered as he watched Kyo turn into the corner and disappeared. Ryuta nodded and pulled Koki’s arm into the opposite direction to their homes. “Let’s go home,” he slightly pulled Koki as they walked back home with their minds full of Kyo’s words.