Yunho

A Bullet Through My Brain

ABTMB CHAPTER 2

 

 

Blood.

 

As a guy, how often can you wake up swimming in your own pool of blood and live to tell the story?

 

Not so often, huh?

 

Right. But there's more.

 

The cause of the blood spurting out from your body being a gun shot. A gun shot from your very own beloved husband. Husband who was nowhere to be found after.

 

Great isn't it? You've got to love your life after that. A real lot.

 

-Jaejoong's pathetic life story.

 

-----

 

"Jae-hyung, you really should stop writing those things. Just let go of the past and of that monster you had as a husband, would you?! This is getting ridiculous", Changmin, a new employee at Mon Ange's sweets shop, screamed at Jaejoong who was absorbed into writing these post-its of his life.

 

"... It makes me less frustrated to write it down. Kind of like a diary, but open for everyone to see and be frustrated like me at that ing man who almost killed me and that damn situation! Gosh, I feel like ripping someone apart", Jaejoong replied with all his rage bottled up.

 

"Hyung, it’s been what? 6 years? And no one has ever seen the man alive. You really should move on; nothing's ever good to just mope around and let life pass by you."

 

"How can I forget when a frigging bullet went through my head?!!'"

 

“I’ve been hearing that sentence for a billion times already. I might even be able to write a poem with it as the theme.”

 

"Shut up, Changmin."

 

And yes, Jung Kim Jaejoong is alive and kicking. No thanks to his dear husband.

 

It seems that life had other plans for the raven on that fateful night. U-Know indeed shot his wife in the head, but quite unfortunately (or fortunately) the bullet didn't kill the raven on spot. Not noticing that mistake, the taller man ran out from the room, from the house, to whom knows where, leaving behind a Jaejoong that was bleeding to his death if it wasn't for a medical team that came almost immediately after.

 

Apparently, their neighbor, who was a light sleeper, heard the gunshot and immediately called the police and everything that goes with it. They discovered Jaejoong on the bed, blood trickling from his head and the little bit of consciousness he possessed was wholly put into swearing (or actually what he thought was swearing,because he could only whimper at that moment) about the damn ing pain he was going through.

 

When they finally moved him to the nearest hospital, he was told by the doctors that his chances of living were really low (good news, real good...) but before he could comprehend most of what they tried to say, he instantly lost contact with the world and slumped into a deep slumber. He went into surgery for doctors to remove all skull bones that cracked from the bullet's impact and, to cut the story short, he miraculously survived afterward. Jaejoong had been really lucky.

 

Years later, after endless rehabilitation for his brain and whatnot, he stepped out from the hospital for the last time (beside for yearly visit) and was more than ready to start his life again.

 

He moved out from the house he shared with U-Know (oooh, the bad memories) and moved to another town. He also quitted his job at the company and was hired as a pâtissier, revisiting his old dream work. He rented a cheap apartment just next to Mon Ange's pâtisserie and started anew, resolute to forget his past husband/murderer.

 

But it seems to be easier to say than to do.

 

-----

 

Who can brag to have been woken up by a bullet through their brain?

 

I can.

 

It was really fun, I swear.

 

-Jaejoong's fun fact

 

/////

 

Love? What's love?

 

A ing backstaber that will lead you to be at the receiving end of a loaded gun.

 

-Jaejoong's personal experience

 

-----

 

"Damn! Can't you stop?! You really need someone else in your life to make you move on!!" an exasperated Changmin once again yelled at Jaejoong when he peered over the raven's shoulder and saw the grand return of the post-its.

 

Usually, such brain damage would cause, on the average human being, post-traumatic stress disorder, nightmares, anxiety, withdrawal... But forget about that. In the case of Jaejoong, he already went through hell and back with his husband's abrupt abusive changes. Now, only anger could be found in his heart. Or maybe it was what he wanted to make everyone believe; who knows?

 

"Shut up Min! Return to your cupcakes; they won't frost themselves", the beauty answered for the nth time.

 

"I swear I'll find you someone! Count on me, hyung", proudly decided the tall man while thumping his chest with a fist.

 

"... Should I remind you of the two pairing failures you came up? Yoochun, that man was waaaay to greasy--made me barf at how cheesy he could get. And then Junsu... The guy was a cutie-pie, sweet and everything, but, I mean, we didn't match at all!" Jaejoong reminded his apprentice.

 

"Haha... Well now they are part of your best friends' circle and are also your very humping rabbits neighbors. You should thank me", the young man snapped right back at his hyung.

 

"No need to remind me-- I hear them all night long."

 

"Anyway, hyung, you're 29! You have a lifetime before you. Can't you make an effort and try to open up? Not all men are like the bastard, I swear... Though I don't know what he looks like, I'm sure he must have been a real monster, both at looks and at heart."

 

Mmh, wrong for the first one, but pfft...

 

"Yeah Min, he was... But you know, I don't think I can love again. Not after what happened", tiredly replied the raven.

 

"No hyung! Don't think like that... And anyway, I already found you a match, so no running away!"

 

"Urgh... And what makes you so sure that this man will be the one for me when I clearly failed at finding him myself?"

 

"It is quite easy to explain~ The guy is a saint; the whole opposite of your ex-husband. I swear that man bath in holy water all day long or something. And it's not all; he is definitely a Greek god, tall, tan, broad shoulder and etc. Even me, the straightest guy from the whole planet, was drooling envious at his sight", Changmin started to explain with a bit too much of passion.

 

"Min, you're as straight as a crooked arrow; I've seen you eyeing that cute Kibum guy earlier and that was nothing but flirting."

 

"... You've seen nothing; I think your eyes tricked you."

 

"I took pictures and I filmed it. Saved it also."

 

"..."

 

"So what about the guy?"

 

"... You two should meet up. And hey, what a coincidence! I arranged a dinner tonight for you two to know a bit more about each other."

 

"Tonight?! I refuse", Jaejoong flat out rejected the idea.

 

"Well, you don't have the choice hyung. If not, you're gonna break two hearts; mine and the man's. You don't want that do you?" the young man faked to weep to his death.

 

"Who cares? I don't want to and that's final", the raven pouted.

 

No way was he going to see another man-- and tonight at that! He won't give in to his friend's pleas. No way in hell.

 

-----

 

Jaejoong gave in to Changmin's pleas.

 

But absolutely not because he wanted to.

 

When someone talks about buying you the Louis Vuitton bag you wanted and was dying for, you simply can't refuse what he has to propose.

 

That's what happened. And it's also the reason why Jaejoong was now seated at a decent intimate restaurant, accompanied by his self-proclaimed matchmaker, Changmin, and waiting for his date.

 

"He's late", observed the raven while watching his watch.

 

"No. We're early; nuance", answered the tall young man, more excited than Jaejoong to see the arrival of the other party.

 

"Why did I accept this ridiculous meeting with a stranger? What was I thinking?"

 

"LV bag, dear Jae-hyung, LV bag."

 

"Right."

 

And it seems that the date in question took that end of conversation as his cue to enter the restaurant and began to search with his light orbs for his date.

 

Changmin's eyes immediately lighten up at the sight of the man and waved at him from the table to join them. Jaejoong noticed his friend's gestures toward a figure he could not quite see from his spot and decided to remain seated until he could see the new guy in the restaurant. When the man was close enough for the raven to take in his features, Jaejoong's mouth dropped unto the table in a thud; his mind barely registering anything else than the man before him. A word - name- escaped his lips in a whisper:

 

"U-Know."

 

Everything that happened after that was a blur. Chair screeched, an almost flipped over table, a flying punch on the man's face, followed by a kick to his groin, a very enraged Jaejoong that was borderline insane and could continue to punch the other if it was not for Changmin who restrained him with every ounce of strength he could muster.

 

" Jae-hyung?! You're crazy!! Would you stop hitting Yunho-hyung?!"

 

At the mention of that one sentence -name-, Jaejoong instantly froze into place; his fist still in the air, ready to strike a good one to the already battered man before him.

 

Yunho. Yunho? Not U-Know but Yunho?

 

What the actual ?

 

And that was also the moment when the raven's fiery doe eyes met with the almond shaped ones from the man, Yunho.

 

Those eyes were not the cold and lust-filled onyx orbs of U-Know.

 

Warm chocolate orbs were decorating the very face of his ex-husband, but was not him. , how can that be?

 

Recollecting himself, Jaejoong lowered his arms and readied himself to ask a bunch of questions, without bothering himself with a "oh, I'm sorry", but was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder.

 

Ready to give a piece of his mind at whoever was disrupting him, Jaejoong was suddenly faced by one of the waiter from the restaurant that was glaring at him them for the commotion they were creating. It was only then that the raven realized that he made a scene in front of so many people. Becoming beet red by the seconds, he excused himself for the slight argument they had, but still, they were kicked out.

 

Bye bye normal date.

 

-----

 

"Okay, someone cares to explain what just happened?!” Changmin exploded when they finally stepped out in the parking.

 

"YOU! Especially you, Jae-hyung", he pointed at the raven accursedly, "Just what the heck?!"

 

"I-I'm sorry, Minnie-ah", miserably said Jaejoong.

 

"Not to me hyung-- well yes to me too but that's not the point-- but to this guy", the tall young man pointed at the equally tall man at his side, who was still astonished by how the events turned out.

 

"Y-you're Y-Yunho?" helplessly stammered the raven to his date.

 

Hearing that he was suddenly included in the conversation, Yunho's stare came to set on Jaejoong who was feeling quite small now that he had, let's say it nicely, welcomed the other in an interesting way. With a husky voice, no hint of irritation or whatsoever, Yunho replied:

 

"Yeah, that's me. And I figure that you're Jaejoong? You're... feisty. Min told me that, but I wasn't expecting it to be so... Yeah."

 

"I'm really really sorry. I- it's just that you resemble someone I knew in the past. And, you know, it triggered some bad memories. You don't know how much I'm sorry for what I did", Jaejoong immediately bowed for his mistake, holding the tearful pain that had latched on his heart when he remembered his tragic married life.

 

Well, it's pretty hard not to remember when the face of your ex-husband slash murderer is right in front of you.

 

"Omg, Jae-hyung! Don't tell me that Yunho resemble the ing monster that is U-Know. Don't. It's impossible", interrupted Changmin who couldn't quite believe that he indirectly hurt his hyung by setting him in a date with the clone of the dreaded ex-husband.

 

The raven simply nodded his head, obviously trying hard to keep his emotions in check. He lowered his eyes to the ground and tried to gulp down the lump of anxiety in the back of his throat.

 

"I feel a bit left out. Mind to fill me in?" Yunho suddenly declared, making the other two exchange glances.

 

"I think we should say it all to you; after what happened, it's the least we could do", Changmin started with a confirmation nod from Jaejoong.

 

Yunho was all ears to the revelation.

 

"I-I was married before. But four years ago, I became single yet again and it wasn't because of a divorce. It's more complicated than that", Jaejoong narrated his past but his voice broke arriving at the hurtful reality that he had to face at that time. He felt the tears welling up in his doe eyes and therefore motioned his hand for Changmin to continue in his stead.

 

"Jae-hyung was shot. By his husband. Before that, they –he--planned to get divorced, but for some reason, U-Know didn't want to let go of his wife and so, resorted to the last solution."

 

"And I have the same face as that U-Know?" inquired Yunho pensively, shock written in his facial expression at the horrible past he just heard.

 

"Yeah, apparently", replied Changmin.

 

“Wow… Well I think he had a pretty good reason to beat my face up, even though I’m the wrong person”, staring at the watering doe eyes that were facing him, Yunho simply hugged the man in his strong arms, not a word was spilled anymore.

 

At first, Jaejoong was obviously tense when he felt the hugging arms around him, but he soon eased at the contact and dared to bury his nose in the nook of Yunho’s neck, and let his sobs taking control over his emotions.

 

Feeling he was becoming a third wheel, Changmin took the initiative to slip out quietly from the two and with a thought in mind

 

I knew they were meant for each other! High five me!

 

he drove away in his car, feeling quite content about his accomplishment and good deed for the day.

 

-----

 

After Changmin left, the hug continued on for a moment until it broke off by Jaejoong who was profusely trying to excuse his behavior on their first meeting. Yunho simply laughed it up and told him not to worry about it; that he was tougher than the average man. But of course, Jaejoong didn’t take it and ushered the man home with him so that he could treat the wounds properly.  

 

Finally, for the rest of the evening, they talked about everything and nothing. Especially Jaejoong, who was still astonished by the striking resemblance between U-Know and Yunho, had been the one to manage the flow of the talk with all of his questions.

 

“Do you have a twin?”

“A long lost brother?”

“A distant relative who looks like you?”

“A secret clone of yourself? (Or maybe you were the clone…)”

“I get it! You’re a humanoid from a distant galaxy who took the very first human appearance you came across with… Ok, I’m joking.”

 

Obviously, all the answers of his questions were along the lines of: “Maybe, but I think I would have known by now, so no.” and at the end of the improvised interrogation, the raven was faced with a Yunho who was very much amused and holding in his laughs. Deciding to let go of all the question mark in his head, Jaejoong directed the conversation to a lighter and more pleasant one, sticking himself with the explanation that humans are bound to have at least someone who had the same face as them in the world. The rest of the evening was nice. Very nice. When it became late, Yunho left with a genuine smile that was also shared by his date, a promise to see each other again very soon.

 

-----

 

A few days went by after the now labeled “explosive date” and Jaejoong and Yunho started to see each other more often and actually found themselves sharing the same interest in almost everything; from music to books, passing by general opinion on society and small everyday happiness.

 

Little by little, Jaejoong started to open up, to smile the smile he locked up four years ago, and to bring out the love he once had for life in general.

 

No more depressive post-its were found around the pâtisserie.

 

Changmin was very happy.

 

Indeed, Yunho brought out the best of Jaejoong and it wasn’t long until they began dating.

At first, it was unnerving for the raven to have the presence of Yunho around him; it was like having U-Know next to him and each time he thought about it, he would break down into a panic attack. But for every single time he crumbled, Yunho was always there to reassure him, to soothe the memories away, never once failing to calm the raven. His patience was like an endless calm ocean, his love unwavering, and for that, Jaejoong was more than grateful.

Their burning love could be felt from only one stare; beaming from the warm chocolate eyes to the lovely doe eyes.

 

Everyone could agree on that; they were soul mates.

 

Changmin was right (once again). Yunho was the one for Jaejoong.

 

But of course, nothing could ever be so perfect.

 

 

 

 

 













 

Yunho had a secret.

 

 

<3<3<3<3<3

 

 

DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN

 

This chapter was lighter than the previous one and I hope you enjoyed it… because all the heavy stuff are gonna happen very soon OTL

 

And btw, I loved writing Jaejae’s post-its, haha XD Damn my weird mind for coming up with something like that!

 

Oh and the thing about the bullet in Jae’s brain, before people begin to say that it’s bull, it is real. Yes you can survive from being shot there. Well, I took the liberty of saying that Jae had to stay in the hospital for an undetermined year time...(which, in my opinion, must have been waaay longer…), but this is a fanFICTION so I guess I can get away with a lot of stuff~ Though I base myself on real facts. Oh, and for those who still doubt my facts please go and read this:

 

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-01-10/health/os-doctors-gabrielle-giffords-20110110_1_basal-ganglia-brain-neurosurgeons

 

And also, I based myself on a documentary about a victim who got shot (in the exact same setting as Jae), was conscious when a medical arrived on place, had to get into surgery to remove skull fragments AND whom doctors deemed for the best that the bullet had to stay in the head so she (it was a woman) could live. From what I can remember, after rehab and everything, that woman lived a good life without any incident despite having a bullet in her head. It didn't cause any infections or something. (But the bullet might have not reached the brain, simply grazed the skull or something) For the life of me,  I can't remember the name of that show... But I swear it exists!!

 

(And there’s also someone in the comment section (shout-out to you, StarrySeraphim21 :P) who knows of someone who survived being shot in the head. Thank goodness that the person’s all well now. So yeah, I just wanted to mention it :P)

 

So that’s it for my rant and until the next update:


See ya, love ya  :P