Destiny-5

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun sat patiently in the cafe on the Wednesday morning. He saw her entering the florist shop and left the cafe to wait for her. She walked out of the shop with a trolley after her delivery. Woohyun waved at her and smiled, “Hi Minyeon!” The girl looked surprised and stood still. “Minyeon. Are you all right?” Woohyun asked with worried eyes. “I'm sorry if I've startled you. I'm Woohyun, do you remember we met last Saturday...? Remember you told me your delivery is today so I can see you... again?” Woohyun tried to explain softly. The girl still staring at him like she could not understand what he was talking. “Have she forgotten about me?” Woohyun thought with a disappointed face. The girl saw his expression and slowly nodded her head and made some signs. Woohyun don't understand it and quickly whisked out his phone. “Please type here just like you had done on the last time. I'm so sorry! I have not learn well in the hands signs yet.” Woohyun gave her an embarrassed smile and rubbed the back of his neck. “Hi Woohyun-shii. I'm sorry I can't chat with you. I have to go now for another delivery.” She handed the phone back to Woohyun and made a polite bow to him before making her departure. “Minyeon shi... Let me help you with this!” Woohyun felt odd with the courteous greeting but quickly close up the gap with her and took over the trolley she was pushing. She did not reject him as they walked quietly to her van.

 

The figure reached out for the calendar on the table. “Delivery on Wednesday 10am” which is today. Just then, the old gardener called the girl who was back from her delivery. The figure watched the girl and flipped down the calendar, trying to ignore the marked delivery on it.

 

After the quiet walk with her earlier on, Woohyun had forgotten to ask when he would see her again. He somehow sensed that Minyeon was shy and scared from the way she reacted. Woohyhun was disappointed. “Is she having second thoughts about being friends with me??” He shook his head. “Maybe I should not be this hurry to speed things up. Probably I have frighten her with my overly enthusiastic approach? Woohyun felt dejected.

 

It had been days that he had been loitering within the vicinity, hoping to see her. And his wait was not in vain. He stood 2 units away from the flower shop. Though Minyeon looked a little shocked when he appeared but they still nodded to each other. They strolled side by side with Woohyun pushing the trolley. “Minyeon... Do you...want to get a drink or something in the nearby cafe?” Woohyun finally spoke up. They already reached her van and Woohyun lifted the trolley and put it into the vehicle. He waited eagerly for her reply. Minyeon looked ahead, not knowing how to react. Woohyun noticed her awkward expression. “It's all right! You can reject me. I shouldn't have been so... er... rushed into it.” He scratched his head. She saw the disappointed eyes and hesitated awhile before pointing to his phone in his front pocket of his shirt. Woohyun whisked out his phone and she wrote a message. “I don't mind having a drink in the cafe. Only for a short while, ok? ” Woohyun punched his fist up in the air. “Woohoo! Yay!”

 

It was the last Saturday before the end of school holidays. Woohyun would have lesser time to meet Minyeon once school starts. They had been meeting on Wednesdays and Saturdays after her deliveries. Woohyun did most of the talking while Minyeon listened with interests and responded at times with scribbled notes. Woohyun was amazed by her knowledge of the stuff and her enthusiastic response while 'chatting' with her. There was not a dull moment whenever he was with Minyeon. However for today's date, he felt that she seemed distracted. “What's wrong?” Woohyun looked at her with concern. Minyeon shook her head and carried on fiddling the straw in her drink. They had been sitting in the cafe for more than 10 minutes and Woohyun started to get anxious as they don't seem to be 'communicating' as much as before. Just then, it hit him that it might be what he said on their last date. “Minyeon... did you lose your voice since birth?” He remembered Minyeon shook her head. “So you are able to speak normally before? What a pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter