Destiny-2

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Current…

In the midst of the rows of flower pots, a lean figure was standing up, shifting the pots to opposite shelves to get the most of the sunlight needed. Beads of sweat forming around the figure's temple and one or two will flow down the sides of the cheeks. “You are perspiring like mad!” The old gardener used the towel around the young person's neck to wipe away the sweat. “I'm fine! I haven't gotten any heat , yet!” The old gardener chuckled. “Silly! I'll get you a glass of ice lemon tea.” The old gardener walked away when her phone rang. She looked at the caller. “Oh... yes I'm fine. I had gone to the Memorial Hall this morning. Of course I remembered, it is 1 or 2 weeks from now right? What? To----Today?!” Her smile froze and she quickly turned around to face the younger one. “You already on your way here? Oh... why didn't you inform me earlier? I did not get much food prepared... oh you bought food on the way here? I see, su-sure.. See you in a while...” The old gardener who was still a little shock after the ended call, grabbed the younger's arm. “They are coming! You have to go. Hurry!”

“Yah! Lee Sungjong!  Bring this dish out!” “Sungjong ah! Where is the soup?” “Yah Sungjong! Pass me the plates!” The youngest was being ordered around by his hyungs. He marched out of the kitchen door, carrying a bowl of hot kimchi soup with a red puffed up cheeks and pouting lips. “Jong ah, let me help you.” Woohyun pitied the young one and offered his help. But Sungjong sulked and pushed away Woohyun's hands with his side arm, “I don't need your help!” He slipped after stepping out from the kitchen door. Woohyun was quick enough to hold him from the sides to prevent him from falling. But the soup spilled over Woohyun's shirt and arm. “I'm sorry hyung!” A stunned Sungjong froze with half spilled bowl of soup in his hands. “What!!” “Oh gosh!”  Dongwoo and Sungyeol who were laying the table, tilted their heads and gasped at the two guys. Old granny came out from the kitchen and saw Woohyun's arm and shirt stained red. “Are you all right, Woohyun? The soup is still very hot! Is your arm scalded?” Old granny took a clean cloth to wipe and check Woohyun's hands for any swells. Woohyun smiled lightly, “It is all right Granny. Sunjong ah...Don't cry! I am fine.” Woohyun noticed Sungjong's tears b up and about to roll down anytime. The rest had emerged from the kitchen too, trying to figure out what had happened. “Woohyun, go and wash up now! I'll apply some lotion on your arm after that.” Old granny pushed Woohyun gently and turned to pat Sungjong. “Jongie, it is all right! Your hyung is fine. Don't cry. Hush...” Myungsoo looked blankly at Sunjong and Howon took the bowl of soup away from him. Sunggyu looked at the younger boys and began giving instructions, leading the group as usual. “Dongwoo, Yeol! Carry on with the table setting. Howon, Myungsoo, come in here to help! Sungjong! Wipe away your tears and go chat with Granny!” With this, Sunggyu walked into the kitchen, to continue what he was doing before. The rest of them followed his commands. Old granny pat softly on Sungjong's head and smiled, “Jongie ah... it’s all right now.” Sungjong obeyed Sunggyu's instruction and wiped off his tears.

Woohyun left the running tap on and tried to wash the stain on the bottom of his shirt after cleaning his arm. He checked his arm and that it's not swollen. The stain still remain on his light colour shirt and he did not bother to wash it anymore since Granny had managed to find a shirt that fits him. As he was wondering how come the old lady had a new man's shirt around the house and making his way back to the dining room, he noticed a reflective object lying on the side of a big plant pot. It's a charm bracelet with several glittering stars hanging around it. He picked up the bracelet and ran through the stars with his fingers. His fingers stopped at a small tag. He flipped the tag over and noticed some carvings and squinted his eyes at it.

His eyes, blurred with tears forming up.

Im Minyeon

It was a noisy dinner. Howon always cut in Sunggyu's line when he was talking. Sunggyu gave him a fierce stare. Sungjong who was still feeling apologetic of what he did, kept bringing food to Woohyun's plate and urged him to eat more. He even wanted to feed Woohyun. Sungyeol insisted that Sungjong to feed him instead as he had earned an elbow punch from Sungjong earlier on in the kitchen and pretended that it still hurts. Dongwoo's thunderous laughter always hinder the others in their conversation. “Minyeon...if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter