Kiss

Soulmates

I was ready to cry. Seriously, I tried to be a grown up, but I was ready to throw that out of the window and just cry. I managed everything by my own. I told all the men where to put the furniture, I organized my closet, I cleaned everything up, I managed to put together a chair and a desk using just those ty instructions...but noooo I couldn't handle a stupid bed. I have been trying to put it together for the past 3 hours and I failed miserably every time.

I was taking out out a bottle of soju and crying over the unfinished bed, when I heard my phone ring. Taking a long swig out of the bottle I answered.

“Something tells me you are sitting on the floor and drinking. How right am I?” Ji said, and I could hear him trying to stifle his laughter.

“You have no right to judge, did you forget who made those two girls disappear yesterday, you man ? Plus, it is not my fault, it is the stupid bed being stupid!” I whined, but the memory of those two girls already lifted my mood up.

Ji yesterday took home two girls who afterwards decided they didn’t want to leave. He called me panicked so I had to show up and pretend I was his psycho ex. I also said some crazy stuff about him, which he later tickled me to death for punishment. Ji and me…we were dancing along the fine line that separated a relationship from friendship. We never kissed or anything similar, but we flirted and teased each other a lot, but for now this situation suited me…at least I think so.

I decided to move to Korea 3 months after I met Ji, and here I was now, in my new apartment crying over my bed.

“Man ? You hurt my feelings Amy, you really did.” He pretended to sniffle and I giggled. “And the bed is being stupid? Are you sure it is not just you?”

“Yes I am sure! Now bring your pretty little over here and help me!” I ordered, and knew he would do it. We were like best friends now, and we both understood each other very well. I never told him about the soulmates thing, but it seemed I didn’t have to. He embraced our connection for what it was, and he easily became one of the most important people in my life.

I opened the doors to see him leaning on the door with one shoulder, grinning.

“It was about time.” I teased, looking over his outfit and smirking. It looked semi normal which was a miracle. He wore black jeans and black T-Shirt, with combat boots and an army jacket. Did I mention he looked hot? Well he looked hot.

“Where is the bed?” He huskily asked, leaning into me, and I pushed him, rolling my eyes.

“There.” I said pointing at the general direction of my room.

“Wanna go out later?” He asked as he started quickly rearranging the pieces of the bed. Hmf, it seems that I wanted to piece together the wrong parts.

“Sure.” I joined him on the floor and helped him. Surprisingly the bed was done in less than 30 minutes and I left Ji in my bed room while I went to shower. I was pretty sure he wouldn’t find anything incriminating there…at least I hoped so.

I dressed into a skin tight black dress and pulled my hair into a high pony tail. Seemingly happy how I looked, I emerged out of the bathroom to grab some high heels, only I stopped short when I saw what Ji had in his hands.

It was my sketch pad.

And he was looking at the picture that I drew of me and Ryu in the forest, back during the Roman Empire. He lifted his eyes to mine and smiled shyly.

“You are really good Amy.” My breath hitched, and Ji noticing how uncomfortable I was changed the topic. “Now, will I die before you’ll be done?” I huffed in annoyance and I told him that out of us two he was the diva who took forever to get ready, but still I rushed to find my shoes and then followed him out of the apartment.

We ended up in a club YG owned, and I saw that a lot of famous idols were already here. Feeling kind of shy, I slipped into the crowd to get something to drink. After two tequilas it seemed like a great idea to go dancing with some guy, and after another one, I found myself kissing him. I wasn’t sure why I was doing it, until I saw Ji dancing with girls and having fun. Okay, maybe I wanted to be more than friends, but I was pretty sure that I was just being stupid. Obviously soulmates could be friends, so why was I being like this?

But then again, nobody said I couldn’t have fun.  I took another shot and let myself feel the beat. In the back of my head I started to feel that feeling I would get just before one of my “memories” would try to sneak out, but tonight I pushed it back, and pulled the guy I was dancing with into my body, kissing him roughly.

The night kind of got out of control from then on. I drank a bit more, kissed the guy even more….and then I felt Ji gently take me by my waist, leading me towards the exit.

“Why couldn’t we stay?” I asked, a bit angry. Ji sensed my mood and looked at me, smiling. What, this was funny to him?

“Because the guy was a sleaze ball and that didn’t sit well with me, plus you are way over being tipsy, which is my cue to take you safely home.”

I rolled my eyes, but listened to him, a warm fuzzy feeling settling in my stomach from just being near Ji. Or maybe it was just the alcohol. Or it was both.

He helped me up the stairs, and even helped me out of my dress. I smiled shyly, but he just handed me my oversized shirt I slept in. After he made sure I drank a lot of water he turned to leave, but I grabbed his hand, suddenly feeling desperate.

“Stay, please.” I thought I would have to beg him, but without missing a beat he nodded and slipped off his shoes and shirt. I tried very hard not to stare, and failed miserably.

He pulled the covers over our bodies and held me tightly. I relaxed into his embrace, feeling his smell everywhere. Finally I let the memory in, feeling safe with Ji, or Ryu…or both.

The bed was uncomfortable and I spent half of the night tossing and turning. Finally I gave up and decided to sneak out…not like I haven’t done it before. I decided against my dress that was uncomfortable and clumsy, and instead went for the only pair of riding pants my little brother owned and a white tunic. It was practically unheard of that a girl would wear men’s clothing but I didn’t care. Like anybody would actually care. My family was poor, and nobody cared for the poor.

I followed the forest road, easily despite the dark, since I did this so many times that it felt like second nature. I knew that if I kept going I would get to the master’s estate, where the nobleman who employed (the correct word would be owned, but I tried not to think like that) my father. Since I definitely didn’t want to get caught, and most definitely didn’t want to lose my arm in the process, I stopped walking and sat by a tree, looking up at the blinking stars.

“You are a girl, but you are dressed like a boy.” His voice startled me and I barely suppressed a scream. His face was hidden in the shadows, but I knew just by seeing his clothes that he was very wealthy.

“Dresses are uncomfortable.” I whispered, afraid that he would report me.

“That I do agree.” He sat next to me and smiled. He was unconventionally beautiful, with his beautiful green eyes and a slightly crooked nose that seemed had been broken too many times.

He saw the direction of my eyes and grinned.

“What, you thought that just because we the nobleman have money and are supposed to be all controlled and cold, that we still don’t get into fist fights?” He said smirking now. I didn’t tell him that was exactly what I thought and instead blushed, yet again.

“I-I…” I tried but the words wouldn’t come.

He cocked his head to one side, watching me intently.

“What are you doing here?” He changed the topic to my relief.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I confessed.

“Neither could I.” He whispered, more to himself than to me.

“Why are you talking to me? I mean, you are a nobleman, and I’m…well, poor.” The night gave me courage to speak openly, but I was still aware I could get killed for this.

“I don’t care if you are poor or a female…that is bull. You seemed sad, so why wouldn’t I talk to you?”

I shrugged, but couldn’t help the smile that was already forming on my lips. We stayed like that for a very long time, talking and laughing underneath the night sky. Only when I saw that the sunrise was approaching, did I realize that I needed to hurry back home.

“My father will notice if I don’t get back home soon.” I said quietly, looking at the ground.

“We will meet again, little stranger.” His whisper was carried by the wind, tickling my senses, making my heart beat faster.

I went to turn around to leave, but his grip on my wrist stopped me. I turned my head to face him, but instead his lips met mine. It was a quick, soft kiss, after which he let go of me and started walking back to the master’s house, leaving me to stand there dumbstruck.

In the end my parents did notice my absence and I was punished by being made to go with my father to see his master. They knew how much I hated to go there, and that was why they made me do it. They dressed me in one of those ridiculous dresses that I hated so much and made me promise that I would behave. I wanted to defy them, but was to scared of the consequences.

Only when he went to see the master, next to him was man who looked vaguely familiar, and I realized in horror it was one of the generals of the king, and next to him was the boy who kissed me last night. When the boy noticed me he flashed me a crooked grin and I looked down blushing, for once not having to be reminded to look down in front of nobleman.

My eyes opened in the darkness, my throat dry from all the alcohol that I stupidly drank. But I was so comfortable in Ji’s arms that I decided that water would have to wait. I watched him sleeping, and saw something in his face that reminded me of the boy from that memory…all those men, although at first different, were actually very similar. They were all stubborn and loyal, caring and loving, but also rash. And they all had kissed me. Except for Ji, Maybe it was time to change that.

 


A/N So, with this chapter I kind of wanted to show the friendship side, and the flashback was just me having fun writing, sorry if it bored you :(

Anyways tell me what you think! :)