Subconscious

Soulmates

I felt him, before I saw him. You see, souls, we moved on lines, you can imagine it like tracks, and usually we stayed with our families, moving from the places where we studied, to the places we could call „homes“, rarely did we stray from our original path.

 

But me and Ryu...we were different from other souls in many ways, so you can guess what we did a lot.

 

 I smiled as I saw him in his energy form, and suddenly I was in a rose garden, with a stream flowing next to me. Ryu was always good with manipulating energy. He could create whatever he wanted, and often he would do that just to make me happy.

 

Without even thinking about it, we both manipulated our energies to look like humans. I raised one red brow when I saw Ryu transformed into a tall, dangerous looking man, with scars all over his body, his eyes dark. That was probably from one of the lives I hadn’t lived with him.

 

I on the other hand was a petite redhead, my eyes green and my skin pale.

Usually souls didn't do what human couples did. Kissing, , etc...didn't exist in the spirit world, but like many things, Ryu and I were different. Of course and kissing were different in the spirit world, but it seemed that we were one of the rare soulmate couples, who were just that. Couples.

 

Our lips touched and a stream of energy surged through both of us. Wherever he touched me our energies mixed.

My mind filled with pictures of us kissing, and I felt actual pleasure. I knew that was Ryu's doing.

I smiled into the kiss, and stepped away, pulling my energy back.

 

“Naughty.“ I said, smirking a bit. I knew what this would look like to other souls passing by. A cloud of energy, suspiciously not letting anybody see anything inside of it. Ryu always liked his privacy.

 

“So do you know what you’ll do in your next life?” I say trying to sneak the question in, hoping I’m not braking the Elder’s orders. Yes, yes, not very mature of me. I know.

Ryu sighs, and hugs me. Of course he knows what I tried to do.

 

“Ami…” He sighs a bit, but then purses his lips, deciding what he can and can’t tell me:” I can tell you that it will be different. Apparently I need to learn how to deal with a lot of attention and money.” He sighed, rubbing his eyes and bringing me closer in his embrace, our energies mixing.

I nodded, knowing that every task is difficult, but Ryu was already so mature that most things were easy for him.

 

“You think we will make it?” I ask, a bit nervous.

 

“I know we will. We always do. Now shh.” He whispered into my ear, filling my head with naughty pictures, and making all my endings explode in pleasure. Yup, we were a bit strange.

 

Nuelle would always say that we were like a human couple, minus all the bad parts. Almost like we took all the good parts of human relationships but left out all the bad parts. I couldn’t have agreed more.

 

 

Wow, this has to stop happening. I was beginning to have these flashback every day, in the most random situations. For an example, right now I was showering, my skin all wrinkly from the amount of time I have spent in the water.

I decided to go out and do touristy stuff around Seoul. I still had no idea what I was going to do about me and Ji, or well Ryu, but I was thinking that a breath of fresh air might help. I quickly dressed in jeans and a hoodie, not wanting to draw attention to myself. I stepped out into the cool morning, and let my subconscious lead me where I was supposed to go

 

Ji’s POV

I couldn’t stop thinking about the girl from yesterday.  The way she smiled, the way she talked to me, the way she bit her lip. It was magnetic, it was incredible. I needed her, I wanted her, and not just on a physical level. I barely contained myself from kissing her when the handshake even came by.

I wanted to bang my head on the wall…I was so frustrated and confused. Luckily, yesterday I told the guys I would be staying at my apartment and not in the dorm with them, because I knew that if they were here now they would be giving me all sorts of weird looks.

Finally, deciding that I was going to go crazy, I quickly dressed in some sweatpants and threw a hoodie on, and went for a run in my favourite park. Which was weird since I usually didn’t go for a run this early, but something told me that I needed to go there, and I needed to go there now.

Pulling my hoodie so it hid my face I ran. Feeling like something was tugging my eyes up,I raised my eyes and saw her.

She was walking, the early morning sun bouncing of her beautiful brown hair. Her eyes were wandering around, and she was biting her lip, wrapping her arms around herself.

Was she cold? Was she sad? I wanted to hold her, I wanted to make the worries go away.

Her eyes finally met mine, and my breathing stopped. I felt my heart do a pathetic thump when I saw the glint, the spark, in her eyes. The same eyes from my dreams.

 

Amy’s POV

My mouth fell open (very unattractive, I know) when my eyes met Ji’s. I wasn’t sure what to do, since I didn’t want to come off as a stalker fan, but before I knew it he was approaching me with long strides, a confused smile playing on his lips.

“You are the girl from last night, right?” He asked me in English, and I was delighted to see that he remembered me.

“Yes, but I’m not here because of you, I mean, I-I’m not stalking, I just wanted to look around, y’know, I don’t like you, no I mean I like you, I just don’t want to s-stalk you…oh God, give me a second to breathe.” I finally said, blushing. I thought that talking to my soulmate was supposed to be easy!

I heard him chuckle and when I raised my eyes to his, I saw that his smile reached his eyes, the eyes I could never forget. Ryu’s eyes…

“How is that breathing going?” He said teasingly and I blushed even harder.

“Good?” I replied smiling, finally managing a reply without stuttering. Maybe talking to my soulmate wasn’t that hard after all. Now, if I could only make my heart stop doing weird acrobatics in my chest.

“Listen, I don’t want to sound creepy, but what do you say about coffee?” His question startled me so much that I could literally hear my breath hitching. Was it possible that he felt the same connection I felt?

Please, please let it be true.

 

A/N


Weee, and they finally meet. This is kind of an intro chapter and I hope you like it :) Tell me what you think, and as always thank you to all the subbies :)