Finally

Soulmates

Something inside of me snapped. If this wasn’t the right time to tell him, then when would it be the right time?

 

“Ji…I’m okay…listen, can you come over? I have something important to tell you, but I really don’t feel like walking half across the city.”

 

“Yeah, no problem, I bet now you are regretting being so stubborn and not taking the car.” He replied jokingly, and I heard him start dressing.

 

I huffed “Well, it is not like when people brake up, I get to take the car you gave me.”

 

“But I wanted you to have it, so it would be easier to get by in the city.” Ji’s voice was quiet and gentle. That was when I finally realized how much he actually still loved me.

 

“Okay, so are we seriously talking about me taking a car at…” I stopped to look at my watch and frowned: “2 am?”

 

“Yes, we most definitely are. I’ll be at your place in 20 minutes.”

 

“Lambo?”

And then I heard it. His happy “I-have-an-outrageously-expensive-toy-that-is-actually-a-car” giggle and had to smile.

 

“I’ll take that as an answer, drive safely.” I practically ordered, and hung up.

 

It felt so good to talk to him again. It made me feel all warm and mushy inside and God did I miss that feeling.

He came by in 15 minutes, and I opened the door still in my pajamas, my hair in a high ponytail. It was 2 am and I really didn’t have it in me to pretty myself up, and told him that when I opened the door. He just laughed and got in, kissing my cheek when he walked by. It was so strange to see him, but not to be with him.

Our relationship didn’t end on bad terms…it just ended and that royally . I led him to my small kitchen table and I watched as he dropped a bag full of ice cream, soju, beer and juice on it. I had to laugh.

 

“Wait so we are having another drunk ice cream night?” I asked, almost in disbelief.  About 2 months into our relationship, Ji taught me what drunk ice cream was, and throughout our relationship we had drunk ice cream nights, with just the two of us or with the boys.

 

“Of course we are, now sit and talk.” I giggled, without meaning to do so, and he looked up, his eyes filled with what I also felt. Sadness and pain, but also happiness that we were talking again.

 

The radio was playing some nice oldies, and Ji opened my favourite ice cream, as we started drinking.

 

“So, what was in your dream” I asked after the second shot of soju.

 

“My name was John, and…I think it was around 16th-17th century? You were accused of being a witch and we ran. I mean you didn’t look like you, and I didn’t look like me…but I still knew you were you and I was me, if that makes any sense. Anyways, they found us…and they strapped me to a chair and forced me to look as they…” He trailed off, taking another shot of soju, looking away.

 

“As they me.” I finished for him.

 

“It was so horrible Amy, I could see your pain, and it killed me that I couldn’t protect you.” He said quietly. “But you had the same dream?”

 

“Yes…only that wasn’t a dream.” How the hell do I explain this without sounding like I’m completely nuts? “Ji…you trust me right?”

 

“Probably more than anybody else.” He watched me strangely, and I took a deep breath in and told him.

 

“Remember when we first met and you said you felt the immediate connection? Well, I felt it too…only I felt it long before we actually met. When I first saw you perform or talk on variety shows, I didn’t feel like a usual fan…I felt like I missed you. I went to this hypnotherapist doctor, and when he hypnotized me…I said some pretty interesting things.” I stopped for a second and watched his face for a reaction, but right now he only seemed curious.

 

“I said that we were soulmates…and that we lived a lot of our lives together. I started remembering stuff…our lives, I guess, sometimes I would dream about it, and sometimes it would just come. It stopped when we started our relationship, but it began again now that we…now that we have broken up. Please, please, try to understand.”

 

Ji completely surprised me when he said: “Tell me what you remembered.”

 

I swallowed and closed my eyes, going through all the lives.

“Uhm, I remember the life where I was the wife of the Roman Emperor and you were the leader of the Germanic tribes that were united, also we were together during the Victorian era, and I think I was a painter and you were the son of a noble man, then there was this nightmare, where you were supposed to sacrifice me to the Egyptian Gods, but instead you saved my life, in that life you...you remembered that we were soulmates. In the last life we lived together you died during the WWII… I was reborn shortly after but then you acted only as my spirit guide.”  I took a deep breath and stopped talking, our eyes met, and he smiled.

 

“I was so proud of you when you became the Emperor’s wife…you never understood how many lives you saved when you talked to him about his decisions...and you were a wonderful painter… although I remember how I hated undressing you through all of those layers of clothing …it was a nightmare.” Now he was grinning. “In Egypt… God you were beautiful, with those big brown eyes and that black hair and that shy smile you used to give me when nobody was looking, and in WWII I died happy because I knew that I lived and that I loved.” He stood up and walked to my chair. Dropping to his knees in front of me, he took my hands into his and kissed them.

“In the last life…you were so brave, and it killed me to see you suffering when the only thing I could do was to comfort you. Amy…Ami.” Only when he reached up to wipe my tears away did I realize that I was crying.

 

“You remember?” My voice was so quiet that I could barely hear myself.

 

“The moment you started talking the memories started coming back. And that nightmare I also dreamt…I think it was the night before that fan meet when I lost my dignity.” I smiled happily and joined him on the floor, hugging him and crying.

 

“What do we do now?”

 

“We’ll figure it out. We always do.” He whispered into my ear as he held me.

 

 


And finally after 13 chapters he finds out! Hahaha, it took them long enough :D

Please comment ~